Port Neches-Groves 4 Grapevine 2/FINAL/PORT NECHES-GROVES INDIANS - CLASS 5A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

4 hours ago, bobbymcgee said:

Congrats to PNG! Way to represent SETX. 

Also this should send a message to local schools--- the only baseball coach in the area to win state in the past 10 years (since Jasper won in 2007) came from OUTSIDE OF THE AREA... Yet local schools still keep recycling the same six coaches or hiring from within. 

Bobbymcgee , why not just keep the thread about what happened today ? There is nothing wrong with any coach on the diamond is this area ! Curious , what do you do for a living ? 

5 minutes ago, Crob27 said:

Bobbymcgee , why not just keep the thread about what happened today ? There is nothing wrong with any coach on the diamond is this area ! Curious , what do you do for a living ? 

Also , it's not very hard to figure out who I am !  My sign in name and number is pretty obvious!!

9 hours ago, bobbymcgee said:

Also this should send a message to local schools--- the only baseball coach in the area to win state in the past 10 years (since Jasper won in 2007) came from OUTSIDE OF THE AREA... Yet local schools still keep recycling the same six coaches or hiring from within. 

How bout the players? Do they recycle them? 

18 hours ago, bobbymcgee said:

I thought Carter was a football coach who just coached baseball on the side.

11 hours ago, PNG Proud said:

So proud of those Indians!  Un-ranked, yet played the role of Giant Killers all year, proving once again that rankings mean little.
Congratulations Indians!

Couldn't have said it better my self. At the end of the day , that's why we play the game because rankings are humanely biased to the state favorites and towns like SETX will always be under dogs till proven (WOS).

23 hours ago, prepballfan said:

He is a long-time head baseball coach. He has over 500 wins and now owns 3 state championships. He does, however, work as an assistant football coach in the baseball offseason..

I have a feeling that part of his job will be ending very soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...