UCLA Lisa Fernandez Suspension

She bumped the ump, so that's the penalty.  The collision was unfortunate, but what was A&M catcher supposed to do?  She wasn't obstructing but the throw was off line, so dont catch the ball?   You have 2 kids busting their butt to make a play.  Just seems like an unfortunate result.   Great that Fernandez was passionate, but not either players fault.

The obstruction call a few games before this was the right call.  The call Fernandez was arguing was without a doubt NOT an obstruction.  Catcher was in the act of catching the ball that carried her momentum into the runner & actually surprised she didn't seriously injure her arm.  Fernandez was more than likely upset at the ump from previous calls/no calls through out the game.  That particular umpire was horrific behind the plate all game but made the right no call on the obstruction.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the WCWS and she was close to being thrown out during the LSU game as well. The TV cameras didn't show it, but the 3B umpire put up a heck of a wall to keep her away from the home plate umpire. I think she should have been ejected then.

During the game after she was ejected, the UCLA fans all had tshirts made with her picture on the front and she was in the UCLA fan section during the game. Between innings the fans would parade her down to the front to pose for pictures. 

It was really embarrassing for the NCAA as far as I was concerned.