Port Neches-Groves (32-8-2) vs Frisco Wakeland (38-4-1)

I didn't see any details about Television broadcasts either on the UIL website or the Fox Sports Southwest website, 

I do that know there is currently no radio broadcast slated for it as slated for the 5A Games.  That comes straight from Jim Barton, who is, among his considerable tasks, also UIL radio broadcast coordinator for the state tournament.

5 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

I'm glad us folks in Orange County has KOGT and Gary Stelly.  It's always nice knowing if you can't make the game that you can still listen to it on KOGT radio.  Thanks again Gary.

True, and that was no more evident than over the past month when Gary and Dan were rushing around to cover SIX teams in the playoffs (3 softball, 3 baseball).  Orange County sports fans are lucky to have a station guy like him.

PNG Radio tried to get enough sponsors to broadcast the game but had less than a week to pull together enough sponsorship's. Most big sponsorship's that they normally get (refineries) have a process they have to go through in order to sponsor which takes longer than a week therefore they weren't able to get any of the refineries. 

3 hours ago, bballfan123 said:

PNG Radio tried to get enough sponsors to broadcast the game but had less than a week to pull together enough sponsorship's. Most big sponsorship's that they normally get (refineries) have a process they have to go through in order to sponsor which takes longer than a week therefore they weren't able to get any of the refineries. 

Never been an issue with me getting enough sponsors in a week to do a state tourney game. If little ole me can do it, I would think a radio station could swing it.

In fact, SETXsports will be broadcasting the PN-G state games with just a week notice. So it can be done.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Never been an issue with me getting enough sponsors in a week to do a state tourney game. If little ole me can do it, I would think a radio station could swing it.

In fact, SETXsports will be broadcasting the PN-G state games with just a week notice. So it can be done.

Try SETXsports broadcasting the game on about 3 hours notice. 

As some folks were wondering about broadcast information, I called Jim around 1:30 pm so that I could get the info from him as to who would be doing the radio broadcast so that I can post that info here.  He floored me when he mentioned that no one, either from the Triangle or the Metroplex, had applied for the radio broadcast rights to the game.  From his tone, he appeared quite surprised at that fact as well.  He asked if SETXsports was interested in broadcasting and I told him I would call Jordan and did right afterwards.  He called Jim and by about 4:00 pm we were the radio broadcasters to the PNG games in the State Championship.

The ease with which SETXsports was able to secure the radio rights to PN-G games that it had no prior plans of broadcasting makes it hard for me to believe that much of an effort was made by any other company.

16 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Try SETXsports broadcasting the game on about 3 hours notice. 

As some folks were wondering about broadcast information, I called Jim around 1:30 pm so that I could get the info from him as to who would be doing the radio broadcast so that I can post that info here.  He floored me when he mentioned that no one, either from the Triangle or the Metroplex, had applied for the radio broadcast rights to the game.  From his tone, he appeared quite surprised at that fact as well.  He asked if SETXsports was interested in broadcasting and I told him I would call Jordan and did right afterwards.  He called Jim and by about 4:00 pm we were the radio broadcasters to the PNG games in the State Championship.

The ease with which SETXsports was able to secure the radio rights to PN-G games that it had no prior plans of broadcasting makes it hard for me to believe that much of an effort was made by any other company.

Exactly!

I have never had an issue.