Texas Hoops Rivals Top 100 for 2018

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2017 at 10:55 AM, kingjames said:

I talked to Hughes in Dallas he said they will be looking forward to playing us next year. And also heard that Yates and Silsbee may play in the hoopsgiving tournament per Jim Hicks!!!!!!

I know someone who would like to match up Silsbee and Cy Falls the weekend after Christmas.   That would be a must see!

I work at a DPS office in N Houston. I've been there 15 years. I worked for another state agency 13 years before that. Not the best paying jobs.  In life u get out of it what u put into it, but I digress.  The young students come in with their parents and I quietly type in the information  for their permits and IDs while they stand there.  Awkward moments.  Now when it is a Cy Falls student I bring up their basketball team and the conversation takes off.  I mention Silsbee won state in basketball also, and they don't know what I am talking about.  i understand.  With that said a Silsbee vs Cy Falls game would be must see for me.  

There was another guy from the Cypress area.  I mentioned Silsbee and he brought up the Argyle game.  He said that was the best game he saw during the playoffs. That was one of the better talks I had in a long time.  

I am looking forward to next season.

10 hours ago, kingjames said:

I know that Silsbee is in the Cypress tournament this year so maybe they meet one another.

11 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I work at a DPS office in N Houston. I've been there 15 years. I worked for another state agency 13 years before that. Not the best paying jobs.  In life u get out of it what u put into it, but I digress.  The young students come in with their parents and I quietly type in the information  for their permits and IDs while they stand there.  Awkward moments.  Now when it is a Cy Falls student I bring up their basketball team and the conversation takes off.  I mention Silsbee won state in basketball also, and they don't know what I am talking about.  i understand.  With that said a Silsbee vs Cy Falls game would be must see for me.  

There was another guy from the Cypress area.  I mentioned Silsbee and he brought up the Argyle game.  He said that was the best game he saw during the playoffs. That was one of the better talks I had in a long time.  

I am looking forward to next season.

Cy Falls-Silsbee would be awesome.  There is going to be a series of games after Christmas where that could happen.  Would love to see Silsbee-Bush as well.  Can't happen in Hoopsgiving because Courtney won't play in a Hicks event.  If Silsbee played in Rick Nelson's the Friday after Thanksgiving we could see that one as well. 

Doesn't Cy Falls return all of their starters? I was really impressed with how they handled Wagner after the first quarter last year.

Silsbee would need to shoot lights out from the 3 point line to have a good chance.They went ice cold against Skyline in the second half last year and lost by double digits. I think they could put up a good fight and make them sweat a little, but then come up short of a win, especially with them probably not being as deep next year.

One thing I love about coach Sigler is he ain't afraid to play anyone.

On 7/16/2017 at 10:56 AM, Tigers94 said:

Doesn't Cy Falls return all of their starters? I was really impressed with how they handled Wagner after the first quarter last year.

Silsbee would need to shoot lights out from the 3 point line to have a good chance.They went ice cold against Skyline in the second half last year and lost by double digits. I think they could put up a good fight and make them sweat a little, but then come up short of a win, especially with them probably not being as deep next year.

One thing I love about coach Sigler is he ain't afraid to play anyone.

Yes.  They get all of them back.  Weren't as deep as Silsbee (who was?) but all 5 starters are back.  They also might give Silsbee some problems with size but we've heard that before.  Their big isn't super strong either.  Mostly they rely on exceptional guard play (sound familiar?).  I would love to see that matchup and think it would be a lot closer than most outside of SETX would think.  And I wouldn't count the Tigers out by any means.

I want to see what this upcoming season's Silsbee team looks like.  I want to see Cy Falls also.  They came out of no where it seemed last year.   I'm hoping Texas Hoops is right in that Silsbee could give them a good game.  And if they don't lick the wounds and learn from it.  It is not everyday that a Silsbee team gets to lace em up and get on the court with last year's 6A champs.  Us long time Tiger fans should savor these types of games/moments and appreciate the recognition.  

On 7/17/2017 at 5:21 PM, JayBilas said:

Let's not get besides ourselves here. Silsbee is talented and should do great in 4A, but they would be terribly over matched against Cy-Falls. It would not be a close game if they played.

I'm not saying Silsbee would win, but I don't think it would be a blowout. They gave Wagner (6A state runner ups) all they wanted last year.

Terribly over matched is a bit of an overstatement.

They only lost to one team by double digits last year, and that was mainly because they couldn't make a 3 to save their lives in the second half. They actually outplayed Skyline in the first half. No idea why they stopped taking it to the hoop against them.

and Silsbee has beaten top ranked teams in higher classifications in the past. They be a really good North Shore team one year. Unfortunately that was the Chapel Hill year.

I can see this game being a overtime game my be a double. But never dout the Silsbee Tigers. They are capable of putting up a very high number of points on any team. But I" like the way CY - Falls played in San Antonio. Very good team and should be very solid again this year same as Silsbee. So yes would love to see this game I" know the Tigers are down with who ever they face off with.

30 minutes ago, Who That said:

I can see this game being a overtime game my be a double. But never dout the Silsbee Tigers. They are capable of putting up a very high number of points on any team. But I" like the way CY - Falls played in San Antonio. Very good team and should be very solid again this year same as Silsbee. So yes would love to see this game I" know the Tigers are down with who ever they face off with.

19 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I'm not saying Silsbee would win, but I don't think it would be a blowout. They gave Wagner (6A state runner ups) all they wanted last year.

Terribly over matched is a bit of an overstatement.

They only lost to one team by double digits last year, and that was mainly because they couldn't make a 3 to save their lives in the second half. They actually outplayed Skyline in the first half. No idea why they stopped taking it to the hoop against them.

and Silsbee has beaten top ranked teams in higher classifications in the past. They be a really good North Shore team one year. Unfortunately that was the Chapel Hill year.

I know both teams well.  Anyone that thinks it would be a blowout either way is mistaken imo.  Would be a battle. 

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I know both teams well.  Anyone that thinks it would be a blowout either way is mistaken imo.  Would be a battle. 

Don't know much about cy falls but I know my Tigers will battle.  The one question that will have to be answered for us this year will be who steps up and plays the big guy down low to keep Barnes Out of foul trouble and give him some rest.

Willie Jones III was big time down the stretch, playing in the low post.  If he had been on the team the season before we would be talking about back to back rings instead of one.  Devon was putting up some nice rebounding numbers before he got suspended.   We Will probably see a lot more of that this coming season.  

Silsbee vs Yates may be the first game of the season., so the low post issues will be focused on early facing Mitch Seriale.