Predict Your Teams Record For 2017

BADSANTA

11 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Top of the district is one thing, y'all should be shooting a little higher than that though! Can't go the distance without a strong defense.

The point I was trying to make was that top of the district on D in this district doesn't mean much because with the exception of Memorial, everyone was about the same level. I'm a realist. This team struggles against talent and speed, and that is all you see deep in the playoffs. Do I expect them to win state, no. I at least see them making 3 rounds again. Unless the Offense turns into a juggernaut, that D, especially the secondary, will be the weakness. The same weakness from last year. The thing is, you have to be talented  enough to exploit it. College station and Memorial were talented enough.

12 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Top of the district is one thing, y'all should be shooting a little higher than that though! Can't go the distance without a strong defense.

The advantage in the Playoffs is simple. Coaching comes into play. These teams only have a few days of prep to get ready. With the skill players we have returning, We will have a chance in every game we play. College Station was legit, and we hung with all the injuries we had, and a Frosh running back.... If we can bend and not break in the right situations, we will always have a chance.. District stats mean absolutely nothing, the bigger picture is get into the playoffs and see what we are made of. We are not State contenders by no means, but on any given day, we are scarier than HELL..... 

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

The advantage in the Playoffs is simple. Coaching comes into play. These teams only have a few days of prep to get ready. With the skill players we have returning, We will have a chance in every game we play. College Station was legit, and we hung with all the injuries we had, and a Frosh running back.... If we can bend and not break in the right situations, we will always have a chance.. District stats mean absolutely nothing, the bigger picture is get into the playoffs and see what we are made of. We are not State contenders by no means, but on any given day, we are scarier than HELL..... 

Are you saying being healthy and peaking come playoff time is important?  Man, if you guys could just have an elusive dual threat play maker that might make a difference.  Seriously though, how's the kicking game?

8 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Never thought they would make it that far.

You are right, they won't.  But I was making a general statement about teams not going far without a good defense.  Any team that makes it to the playoffs in a suspect district will get exposed in the playoffs.

13 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Are you saying being healthy and peaking come playoff time is important?  Man, if you guys could just have an elusive dual threat play maker that might make a difference.  Seriously though, how's the kicking game?

Probably not real good. we have a killer soccer team, gotta be a leg out there we could use...........

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

You are right, they won't.  But I was making a general statement about teams not going far without a good defense.  Any team that makes it to the playoffs in a suspect district will get exposed in the playoffs.

What team do you represent?

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:57 AM, Stattrax said:

So basically, P.N.G. has the P.A.M. 3rd teamer starting and Nederland will have the 4th teamer starting at QB??

it was stated that he NEVER had plans on attending PAM if memory serves me correct. PNG was his first choice.

On 6/16/2017 at 2:52 PM, Reagan said:

How many does PN-G have returning on defense?

1 with another kid moving to offense.  So 2 if Faircloth is smart.  The Coifish defense will be porous at best.....

1 hour ago, SFA85 said:

So if Pam had the same short comings on both sides of the ball, who would u take in a shoot out? 

PAM should win. However if you let them hang around for long enough Shug could definitely lead PNG to a w, in my opinion. If PNG were to win, to me it would be in this manner.

1 hour ago, SFA85 said:

So if Pam had the same short comings on both sides of the ball, who would u take in a shoot out? 

28 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

PAM should win. However if you let them hang around for long enough Shug could definitely lead PNG to a w, in my opinion. If PNG were to win, to me it would be in this manner.

I agree, it would have to be some crazy, high scoring, pull it out in the final drive... Kinda U.S.C. vs Texas V.Y. thing. I expect PAM to win.