Predict Your Teams Record For 2017

BADSANTA

Jasper's tough to figure out. Will the pressure on Barbay get more results or will the Bulldogs go three rounds deep again? I'm guessing 8-2 and finishing at 10-3. One of these years, they'll exceed expectations and contend in the playoffs. I just don't know if this is that year...

32 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Jasper's tough to figure out. Will the pressure on Barbay get more results or will the Bulldogs go three rounds deep again? I'm guessing 8-2 and finishing at 10-3. One of these years, they'll exceed expectations and contend in the playoffs. I just don't know if this is that year...

Jasper's big problem is that they get 7-4A-II right off the bat in the playoffs and that is a pretty tough way to start.

1 hour ago, pdawg119 said:

This game will be at the Hill this year, so I'm expecting this game to be a one-possession game.

The Cougars don't struggle at BH. 

Victory in Bronco Stadium seems tough for Crosby (broke through that one 2 years ago) but Coogs seem to play well at the Ant Hill. 

On June 4, 2017 at 5:37 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

You speak a lot of what we both already know.  We know Johnson is a special talent.  

We know that by Johnson playing up, that makes the JV mediocre.

We know my Jags have all the talent in the world but still loose to teams that we should constantly beat, namely the Nederlands, the PN-G's, the Vidor's of the world.

And I've never said Johnson would or wouldn't be playing for the University of ***********.  I don't drink beer, but I'll take those tickets and a couple of Turkey legs in replacement of the brewsky.  Lol

I mentioned that MCN wasn't a lock because lot of stuff are thrown out the window when that game happens.  I've seen a more superior PN-G team lose to a mediocre Nederland team.  Not a knock on your brother or PN-G (i have no beef with them.)

I mentioned Vidor because if your JV team is good AND your varsity is good, a decision needs to be made in who stays on JV.  Well, it turns out the varsity was good.  Remember, they beat Memorial and it looked like at one point, that they were going to Run PAM off the field.. 

Your comment on the MCM game is on the money.  The old cliche, throw the records out the window, applies to that game.  No doubt (at this point) PNG will be favored, but MCM is always 50-50 in Vegal lol.  

Two other teams I'll comment on:  I just have a feeling Silsbee is going to break out.  They started over last year, and had it together at the end.  Lastly, after last year, I'm convinced that someone in Carthage stole the Mojo from Odessa Permian.  The little engine that shouldn't, did.  Have to be considered a favorite to repeat.

7 hours ago, CCRed said:

What "jump" did BH make ?  Didn't they finish fourth in district ?  I don't see that as a jump and I sure don't see them winning district this year. 

So you're saying you didn't see a difference in the BH put on the field last year from the previous regime?  This year is going to be a lot like the twins senior year for Crosby.  Gonna have to outscore people and health will be a key factor.

On 6/7/2017 at 8:03 PM, pdawg119 said:

This game will be at the Hill this year, so I'm expecting this game to be a one-possession game.

We have to be able to slow down the game and get defensive stops. I went and watched the Vidor/Crosby playoff game last year. Crosby was lucky to win that game. If we change up the speed of the game, who knows, but I still think Crosby wins this one.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:27 PM, L-Train11 said:

Correct, barely squeaked by silsbee in a game that silsbee should have won.

if silsbee gets the first or second spot then they won't have to worry about Carthage in first round so they should be fine..

I wouldn't be shocked if Carthage was 1st or 3rd so you never know.

16 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Carthage was 1st or 3rd so you never know.

We have to wait and see about Henderson. I agree 1st or 2nd, but I just don't see how Henderson is not down from last year. Both Kilgore and Carthage should be quite a bit better than last year. So I guess I would be kinda shocked if Carthage was out of the top 2, even knowing the history of this district. We haven't had an undefeated team since this district was put together 3 years ago. But this year besides Henderson I don't see another team that will really be ready to compete for the top 2 spots. CH is a wreck. Center is still building in Bowman's 3rd year. Bullard just don't have the jimmies and joes. I guess Palestine is in the same "wait and see boat" as Henderson. They had a very much improved season last year, but let's be honest. When all the cards were on the table and they were playing Carthage for a playoff spot the 2nd to last game of the season they were in the bad side of a 48-16 game. So how close were they really? But history has shown that this is a crazy district. Stranger things have happened.

On 6/8/2017 at 0:19 PM, TradenupBH said:

We have to be able to slow down the game and get defensive stops. I went and watched the Vidor/Crosby playoff game last year. Crosby was lucky to win that game. If we change up the speed of the game, who knows, but I still think Crosby wins this one.

So you want to go back to Gage's game plan?

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:16 PM, CougarCal said:

So you're saying you didn't see a difference in the BH put on the field last year from the previous regime?  This year is going to be a lot like the twins senior year for Crosby.  Gonna have to outscore people and health will be a key factor.

I don't think the defense will be as good as it has been the last three years but with talent pool I don't see a huge drop-off on that side of the ball for Crosby. With our o-line most likely being the strength of the team I think you're going to see Jaiden have time to distribute the ball with the same efficiency Kellen Haynes did. Probably won't throw for 4000+ like Kellen did but I think he's going to be the best qb to wear pads at Crosby thus far. If Craig can stay healthy behind this o-line I see him putting up around 3000 total yards.

I agree we'll be similar to the '13 team in the sense that we'll put a bunch of pressure on squads from the offensive side of the ball with Jaiden and Craig in the backfield. I think Manvel is the favorite to match up with Denton Ryan in the D1 title game so I think we lose that one first rattle out of the box but I think we run off the next 10 relatively uncontested. Bad part about that is we're almost sure to get an improved FB Marshall team in the second round again.

Going to be fun watching the kids grow throughout the season but we all know November forward is what we're judged on in Crosby.