Predict Your Teams Record For 2017

BADSANTA

BH 9-1

Crosby beats us because they have our number. Our offense is going to be tall at WR this year. Defense will be decent. We lost a huge weapon to graduation, but I think the ball will be spread around this year to the tree WR's.

Prediction for playoffs is just get past first round and let's talk after that. Lol

23 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

Barbers Hill 9-1, going 3 rounds deep in the playoffs for an 11-2 season.

6 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

Dayton 6-4 lose to PNG in round 1. 6-5 overall

Crosby 8-2 goes 2 rounds deep to go 9-3.

By these predictions, you're saying Crosby will lose to BH.  I don't see that happening but I guess anything is possible. I don't see Dayton making the playoffs either.

37 minutes ago, CCRed said:

By these predictions, you're saying Crosby will lose to BH.  I don't see that happening but I guess anything is possible. I don't see Dayton making the playoffs either.

Actually I basically have BH, Crosby, and NC finishing in a 3-way tie for the DC.

Carthage is gonna have one of their strongest squads ever this year.  I'm pretty sure they will be #1 across the board preseason in 4A.  Silsbee will have a rough time if they run in to them again.

As far as WOS is concerned we shall see. There are a few ifs. I'd be happy with a 7-2 or 8-1 regular season (we're not playing KIPP this year so only have 9 games). Kennedale is much improved this year, but WOS has played 48 games in the last 3 seasons and is seasoned so 9-0 is a possibility. I honestly don't see any team in Region 3 competing yet again for the 4th year in a row unless Giddings vastly improves or Robinson finds a replacement for their QB from last year. Cuero is gonna be really good the next two years so I'll be conservative and predict 12-2 with the possibility of a 3-peat definitely there. 

Just my two cents.

6 minutes ago, pdawg119 said:

Actually I basically have BH, Crosby, and NC finishing in a 3-way tie for the DC.

I guess everyone looks at things different.  Crosby returns a lot this year, 4 out of 5 of the o-line, a healthy Craig Williams, and a junior QB that should have been the starter last year.  BH still has no speed.  

Well I'm gonna enjoy proving a lot of y'all wrong this year. We are bringing in a quarterback from JV thats 6'2 175lbs that very well could've been a starter last year because of his pass accuracy, and decision making on the field, but lacked a little size, we are bringing back a junior RB that's hitting 5'11 and 200 lbs that has been a highlight reel since little league, and had some highlight runs that I still enjoy watching from this season,  a few receivers with great hands and good speed, yes one may be 5'7 or 8 and be slower than some but if you look back at last season the kid has great hands and always manages big pick ups and a 6'7" rebounder who will always win the jump ball in a post corner situation. We also have some very talented linebackers coming back that I heard their names quiet a bit last year and I don't expect any different this year, so I see us giving several teams a run for their money, and I want everyone to remember their comments on here and admit at the end of 2017 season, who was right and who was wrong, and I'll do the same. If you have opinions of the Broncos, feel free to come out and watch them in some 7 on 7 matchups that I post every week before the games, and after on a topic called 7 on 7. Yep I know it means nothing, but I've enjoyed them and we are 8-0-1 on three tourneys. In those 9 games I've seen several 55-57 yard passes in the air that I haven't seen in a while, and nice hands from our letterman receivers and our JV talent. Remember, who's right and who's wrong.

Crosby 10-3

8-2 Regular season. Loss to Manvel then a slip up loss. Not sure to who. Then 2-1 in playoffs. 

21-5A

1) Crosby, 2) BH, 3) New Caney, 4) Porter / Humble

I'm not a Bronco hater. I just don't see them getting better with that few returning starters. My experience is that if you are coming off of a poor year and you have little starting experience returning, you're in trouble. Love Bronco 94's conviction and will be happy for him if the Broncos finish 2nd in 21-5A in 2017. 

Could be a fun season to watch play out. 

1 hour ago, Bronco94 said:

Well I'm gonna enjoy proving a lot of y'all wrong this year. We are bringing in a quarterback from JV thats 6'2 175lbs that very well could've been a starter last year because of his pass accuracy, and decision making on the field, but lacked a little size, we are bringing back a junior RB that's hitting 5'11 and 200 lbs that has been a highlight reel since little league, and had some highlight runs that I still enjoy watching from this season,  a few receivers with great hands and good speed, yes one may be 5'7 or 8 and be slower than some but if you look back at last season the kid has great hands and always manages big pick ups and a 6'7" rebounder who will always win the jump ball in a post corner situation. We also have some very talented linebackers coming back that I heard their names quiet a bit last year and I don't expect any different this year, so I see us giving several teams a run for their money, and I want everyone to remember their comments on here and admit at the end of 2017 season, who was right and who was wrong, and I'll do the same. If you have opinions of the Broncos, feel free to come out and watch them in some 7 on 7 matchups that I post every week before the games, and after on a topic called 7 on 7. Yep I know it means nothing, but I've enjoyed them and we are 8-0-1 on three tourneys. In those 9 games I've seen several 55-57 yard passes in the air that I haven't seen in a while, and nice hands from our letterman receivers and our JV talent. Remember, who's right and who's wrong.

I'll admit if I'm wrong, I promise I'll be the first one.

But jv talent doesn't always translate.

if they were so good then why weren't they staters last year on such a poor varsity team?

most teams are playing their jv on 7 on 7 from what I've read, so y'all are basically just beating a bunch of underclassmen.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

if they were so good then why weren't they staters last year on such a poor varsity team?

most teams are playing their jv on 7 on 7 from what I've read, so y'all are basically just beating a bunch of underclassmen.

Exactly

I don't much about Silsbee QB situation but with Barnes, Lowe, and Thomas on offense Silsbee should be solid. I know Aaron Sells and Hagan will anchor the defense. Hopeful the defense is much improved. Hate to lose McCain and Newton to graduation. I still think we in or finish 2nd and advance 3 rounds. Not sure we go past that. 

32 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I don't much about Silsbee QB situation but with Barnes, Lowe, and Thomas on offense Silsbee should be solid. I know Aaron Sells and Hagan will anchor the defense. Hopeful the defense is much improved. Hate to lose McCain and Newton to graduation. I still think we in or finish 2nd and advance 3 rounds. Not sure we go past that. 

I also expect huge things from Cam White too.  Sells, White, and Uribe got great experience. Last year and I expect them to ball out next year...

On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 9:13 PM, CardinalBacker said:

Y'all are planning on losing to us, WOS, and who else?  

I predict 7-3, IF we get the quality of play from some kids who were big contributors that we need. We lost lots of kids to graduation. I think we'll start slow and build momentum as district play begins... kinda like the Tigers did last year.  

I see us handling HF and North Forest, I wouldn't bet against WOS, and we'll have real tests against Jasper and Newton. I think we'll hang on to beat the Bears (sorry LCM17), Cleveland, Navasota. I expect Huffman to regroup and be a DC challenger again this year, and I can freely admit that Silsbee has to be considered as a favorite for DC if you guys can replace some key pieces... but not as many pieces as we're trying to replace. It's definitely going to be a rebuilding year in BC for just about every starting position. Those BC kids had better be ready for one heckuva effort from the Tigers because I know y'all haven't forgotten last year.

That's my honest perception.  You can expect me to resume being an unrealistic homer as the season approaches. 

Silsbee will beat Bridge City this year 36-12!! 

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will beat Bridge City this year 36-12!! 

It'll be closer.  Bridge City loses Draper, but they have like 2 really good athletes returning (their names slip my mind but they play offense).  I'm just hoping Silsbee's defense becomes a lot better like I know they can...

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It'll be closer.  Bridge City loses Draper, but they have like 2 really good athletes returning (their names slip my mind but they play offense).  I'm just hoping Silsbee's defense becomes a lot better like I know they can...

Draper will be replaced by Sophomore Alex Lara who had surprising success filling in for Draper last year. We'll have Max Baker returning and I expect to see Coach Dubios use Hunter Denton more on offense. I'm under the impression that Caleb Dubois will be back under center. It's the role players I'm concerned about. The entire O line graduated. 

Silsbee with a lights-out D would be scary. 

On 6/3/2017 at 7:33 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

On 6/3/2017 at 0:54 PM, L-Train11 said:

Exacty L-Train. This why I am not sold on Vidor in 2017.

There were people that said Vidor's JV team would come up to lead the varsity and keep em rolling. They said PNG JV was weak. Well, under normal circumstances, Roschon who was a 10th grader would be that JV QB and Vidor definitely loses that game just like their varsity got beat down last year. However, him being the special talent he is, Faircloth would have to be stupid to keep him on JV so the answer was obvious. The ONLY reason PNG had a poor JV season is because the QB played on varsity when he usually played with his age group all up until that point.

Im looking dead at BMTSoulja about this Vidor thing lol. He brought up Vidor a while ago saying that they are coming strong. He better hope Central comes back strong too. I dont care for your transition or new coach. If you are  and have been so talented PROVE IT. And stop getting beat by Vidor so often. WE ALL KNOW CENTRAL IS SUPER TALENTED AND SUPER INCONSISTENT! Which is why they lose to Ned, PNG and Vidor so often through the years.  With their talent, Central should only lose probably one game in district but almost every year we see how that ends up.

Now PNG will sweep Central and MCM in Shugs 3 years there and when he is the QB of the  Unviversity of *********** I'll offer BMTSoulja a beer and tickets and tell em I told ya so lol. Might wanna take that offer Soulja, the seats they offer Family at these college games are awesome lol

Second point is, when I said that PNG had a JV QB last year that would take over SETX last year, NEARLY everyone laughed. Now, 11 arse-whoopings, 3 round deep play off trip, and about 20 TOP (not all are listed on HUDL and 247sports)  schools scholarships later  it seemed there needs to be a reminder of sorts.. TOP schools, I'm talking Urban Meyer, Tom Herman etc. (Not eastern Western Northern Baptist University for Embryotic Development of Small Lizards), I guess some people got to be reminded.

Its getting close to football season and if I gotta be the villain, damnit I'm the villain! lol Its all in fun, but feel free to be offended and annoyed because it will make the conversation sooo much better. Get your tomahawks ready.

58 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

There were people that said Vidor's JV team would come up to lead the varsity and keep em rolling. They said PNG JV was weak. Well, under normal circumstances, Roschon who was a 10th grader would be that JV QB and Vidor definitely loses that game just like their varsity got beat down last year. However, him being the special talent he is, Faircloth would have to be stupid to keep him on JV so the answer was obvious. The ONLY reason PNG had a poor JV season is because the QB played on varsity when he usually played with his age group all up until that point.

Im looking dead at BMTSoulja about this Vidor thing lol. He brought up Vidor a while ago saying that they are coming strong. He better hope Central comes back strong too. I dont care for your transition or new coach. If you are  and have been so talented PROVE IT. And stop getting beat by Vidor so often. WE ALL KNOW CENTRAL IS SUPER TALENTED AND SUPER INCONSISTENT! Which is why they lose to Ned, PNG and Vidor so often through the years.  With their talent, Central should only lose probably one game in district but almost every year we see how that ends up.

Now PNG will sweep Central and MCM in Shugs 3 years there and when he is the QB of the  Unviversity of *********** I'll offer BMTSoulja a beer and tickets and tell em I told ya so lol. Might wanna take that offer Soulja, the seats they offer Family at these college games are awesome lol

Second point is, when I said that PNG had a JV QB last year that would take over SETX last year, NEARLY everyone laughed. Now, 11 arse-whoopings, 3 round deep play off trip, and about 20 TOP (not all are listed on HUDL and 247sports)  schools scholarships later  it seemed there needs to be a reminder of sorts.. TOP schools, I'm talking Urban Meyer, Tom Herman etc. (Not eastern Western Northern Baptist University for Embryotic Development of Small Lizards), I guess some people got to be reminded.

Its getting close to football season and if I gotta be the villain, damnit I'm the villain! lol Its all in fun, but feel free to be offended and annoyed because it will make the conversation sooo much better. Get your tomahawks ready.

Not sure anybody can argue with this one lol good points!

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Draper will be replaced by Sophomore Alex Lara who had surprising success filling in for Draper last year. We'll have Max Baker returning and I expect to see Coach Dubios use Hunter Denton more on offense. I'm under the impression that Caleb Dubois will be back under center. It's the role players I'm concerned about. The entire O line graduated. 

Silsbee with a lights-out D would be scary. 

That's who I  was talking about Denton.  And I think the other kid was a track guy.

There's another Dubois. Is he good like the older sibling.

Now THERE'S the problem.  If the BC O-Line is gone, they could be in trouble.  They had a couple of monsters in the trenches last year, and if they're gone, I don't know what to say...

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

You speak a lot of what we both already know.  We know Johnson is a special talent.  

We know that by Johnson playing up, that makes the JV mediocre.

We know my Jags have all the talent in the world but still loose to teams that we should constantly beat, namely the Nederlands, the PN-G's, the Vidor's of the world.

And I've never said Johnson would or wouldn't be playing for the University of ***********.  I don't drink beer, but I'll take those tickets and a couple of Turkey legs in replacement of the brewsky.  Lol

I mentioned that MCN wasn't a lock because lot of stuff are thrown out the window when that game happens.  I've seen a more superior PN-G team lose to a mediocre Nederland team.  Not a knock on your brother or PN-G (i have no beef with them.)

I mentioned Vidor because if your JV team is good AND your varsity is good, a decision needs to be made in who stays on JV.  Well, it turns out the varsity was good.  Remember, they beat Memorial and it looked like at one point, that they were going to Run PAM off the field.. 

You can play the villain all you want.  Myself, I love the devils advocate role, so take it in stride.  Lol

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You speak a lot of what we both already know.  We know Johnson is a special talent.  

We know that by Johnson playing up, that makes the JV mediocre.

We know my Jags have all the talent in the world but still loose to teams that we should constantly beat, namely the Nederlands, the PN-G's, the Vidor's of the world.

And I've never said Johnson would or wouldn't be playing for the University of ***********.  I don't drink beer, but I'll take those tickets and a couple of Turkey legs in replacement of the brewsky.  Lol

I mentioned that MCN wasn't a lock because lot of stuff are thrown out the window when that game happens.  I've seen a more superior PN-G team lose to a mediocre Nederland team.  Not a knock on your brother or PN-G (i have no beef with them.)

I mentioned Vidor because if your JV team is good AND your varsity is good, a decision needs to be made in who stays on JV.  Well, it turns out the varsity was good.  Remember, they beat Memorial and it looked like at one point, that they were going to Run PAM off the field.. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You can play the villain all you want.  Myself, I love the devils advocate role, so take it in stride.  Lol

Great, Turkey and Beer it is sir (I need my Corona!!!) I look forward to this season and that Central Game. One of Central's coach's is my brother's personal QB tutor. Im getting tickets as soon as humanely possible lol

Great, Turkey and Beer it is sir (I need my Corona!!!) I look forward to this season and that Central Game. One of Central's coach's is my brother's personal QB tutor. Im getting tickets as soon as humanely possible lol

The game is in Beaumont, right?  If so, you don't have to worry.  They won't sell out of tickets...  Unless somehow or another, this game is for the district title.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:07 PM, Fightfaith said:

I believe Carthage won state correct? Almost doesn't count.

Your right almost doesn't count..  that almost hurts though it was more of a should have than an almost.  One slip cost us......without that slip we would have been two scores ahead with not enough time...

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's who I  was talking about Denton.  And I think the other kid was a track guy.

There's another Dubois. Is he good like the older sibling.

Now THERE'S the problem.  If the BC O-Line is gone, they could be in trouble.  They had a couple of monsters in the trenches last year, and if they're gone, I don't know what to say...

Baker is fast. He started at the wing this year. 

Caleb Dubois will be a senior. He was the JV QB in 2015 while Camden Dubois started varsity. Missed the 2016 season recovering from surgery. Lefty, smaller than Camden or Trahan, but has a better arm, allegedy. I just haven't heard anybody say if he's playing football this year.  

The line is a question mark. The group that graduated started together for three years. The group that will be sophomores this year seem to be very similar and had a lot of success as a unit last year, but that wasn't against varsity defenses. 

The good news is these linemen have already been in Dubois' system for two years already. I think we'll be fine if they've been killing it in the offseason.  But if they struggle, we'll be in trouble... finishing 3rd or 4th and getting sent home in the first round.