Predict Your Teams Record For 2017

BADSANTA

• IMO my Bears O-line will be the biggest question mark on how we do. Crouch continues having 5-5 seasons ill go up to 6-4 depending how everything  goes this year. Depending on who we line up in the playoffs will test us. I don't believe we are ready for Carthage so being a 3rd or 4th place team is not good to get pass bi district.

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I'll start it off with Silsbee going 7-3 in the regular season and going 3 rounds deep ending at 9-4 overall. 

Y'all are planning on losing to us, WOS, and who else?  

I predict 7-3, IF we get the quality of play from some kids who were big contributors that we need. We lost lots of kids to graduation. I think we'll start slow and build momentum as district play begins... kinda like the Tigers did last year.  

I see us handling HF and North Forest, I wouldn't bet against WOS, and we'll have real tests against Jasper and Newton. I think we'll hang on to beat the Bears (sorry LCM17), Cleveland, Navasota. I expect Huffman to regroup and be a DC challenger again this year, and I can freely admit that Silsbee has to be considered as a favorite for DC if you guys can replace some key pieces... but not as many pieces as we're trying to replace. It's definitely going to be a rebuilding year in BC for just about every starting position. Those BC kids had better be ready for one heckuva effort from the Tigers because I know y'all haven't forgotten last year.

That's my honest perception.  You can expect me to resume being an unrealistic homer as the season approaches. 

26 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I predict 7-3, IF we get the quality of play from some kids who were big contributors that we need. We lost lots of kids to graduation. I think we'll start slow and build momentum as district play begins... kinda like the Tigers did last year.  

I see us handling HF and North Forest, I wouldn't bet against WOS, and we'll have real tests against Jasper and Newton. I think we'll hang on to beat the Bears (sorry LCM17), Cleveland, Navasota. I expect Huffman to regroup and be a DC challenger again this year, and I can freely admit that Silsbee has to be considered as a favorite for DC if you guys can replace some key pieces... but not as many pieces as we're trying to replace. It's definitely going to be a rebuilding year in BC for just about every starting position. Those BC kids had better be ready for one heckuva effort from the Tigers because I know y'all haven't forgotten last year.

That's my honest perception.  You can expect me to resume being an unrealistic homer as the season approaches. 

25 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Anytime  we play Bridge City we should win the game. But ill say this your head has yall in the right direction. I believe St Pius will beat us, Jasper, WOS, Silsbee. With three transfers coming over in May before school let out we will see how they pan out. But who knows what will happen. Winters and Douglas should have a big year.

6 minutes ago, Fightfaith said:

One and done in the playoffs. Those East Texas schools are to powerful for tiger town.

Silsbee ALMOST beat Carthage last year in the playoffs. I think Coach Smith has the program headed in the right direction. If they finish 1 or 2 in district I like their chances into round three. 

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Silsbee ALMOST beat Carthage last year in the playoffs. I think Coach Smith has the program headed in the right direction. If they finish 1 or 2 in district I like their chances into round three. 

I believe Carthage won state correct? Almost doesn't count.

And actually i like Silsbee's chances to beat Carthage this year and here is why: coach smith has brought in an awesome defensive coordinator, which has been a weak spot for silsbee in the past. He made great strides on the defensive side last year and I'm sure silsbee faithful will see an even better defensive squad this year. 

On the other side of the ball, sometimes the best defensive plan is to keep their offense off the field, which I believe Adonis Thomas will do.. you won't see the explosive long td runs like you saw last year with Tyler, but what you will see is a very strong running back who can pick up 4-6 yards a carry, picking up first downs and keeping the chains and clock moving.

So a better defense, with a clock running offense might be the answer to beat a tough Carthage team who has put silsbee out of the playoffs so many times.

Dayton Broncos- if healthy-8-2

Unhealthy-7-3

so fight faith you had the right number plugged in just in the wrong spots. I also feel this Bronco team will have a playoff run to get back to our tradition. 

17 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Your gonna be in trouble when Bronco94 sees this prediction.

Lol. Yeah. Lost 9 of our 11 starters on offense. Only returning a right tackle and our least athletic wide out. Like the wideout he is a great kid but at around 5"7 150 lbs with below average speed he just isn't going to make a lot happen after he catches the ball. Defense lost 7 starters  one of which was their best lb and has consistently been one of the worse defenses in our district for a while now. On a good note for Dayton 4 kids will be playing college ball next year and another one got a track scholarship to UH.

4 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Lol. Yeah. Lost 9 of our 11 starters on offense. Only returning a right tackle and our least athletic wide out. Like the wideout he is a great kid but at around 5"7 150 lbs with below average speed he just isn't going to make a lot happen after he catches the ball. Defense lost 7 starters  one of which was their best lb and has consistently been one of the worse defenses in our district for a while now. On a good note for Dayton 4 kids will be playing college ball next year and another one got a track scholarship to UH.

Did you see the jv talent that's coming up though?? :)