Bridge City 10 China Spring 8/Gm2-FINAL/China Spring 10 Bridge City 9/Gm3-FINAL/China Spring wins series 2-1

2 hours ago, Critter said:

that's the thing with both games Saturday... Both games had CS's chapter Umps on the dish and they were bias from the start.  But, anyways it's the past time for us to move on.  BC has a very young team that will only get better in the coming years.

And you have to give credit where credit is due... how about that kid from CS that took a un-called third strike, then drove in two runs to win the walk-off?  That's stepping up under pressure.  

Oh, well..... it's time to get ready for two-a-days.  

On 5/29/2017 at 10:49 AM, HAWK85 said:

Another general statement ....and remember they are just kids easy to stand back when you were not involved and on outside looking in .....

Look I know he is a kid and kids make mistakes. Point made. He still shouldn't have done it. But live and learn. BC should have a good run next season.

18 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Look I know he is a kid and kids make mistakes. Point made. He still shouldn't have done it. But live and learn. BC should have a good run next season.

I have to agree he shouldn't have done it.  Although I'm ancient, in my day, you'd never run up to an Ump like that.  After the football incident of hitting the Ref in the back, the UIL (or whoever) needs to draw a line in the sand for all sports. That said, I threw a few 55 mph fastballs in high school, and that pitch sure looked like a strike.

Look where the BC catcher is setting up and where he is reaching to catch the ball. From this angle....it was a ball...or at least questionable. Unfortunately for BC it was called a ball. 

The posts on here blaming CS for poor behavior. I've seen none of that. I did however see the reactions of the BC players afterwards. I assume UIL will deal with that. 

Well, on a plus note, I didn't see any BC or CS kids throwing punches or fighting among themselves as was previously reported.  

BC kids were out of line, no doubt.  No excuse for that at all.  Very disappointing.  I don't have a problem with discipline being handed down from the UIL.  I'll be very disappointed if Landry/Dubois don't make a very strong statement by punishing the kids who touched or aggressively approached the umpire.  That's not who we are. 

Back to my original thought that was misunderstood by a lot of the faithful.  You have to wonder if this whole situation was worsened by the behavior of some BC fans.  I'm not justifying the calls.... I wasn't there and the video of the at bat in question looks bad, but who knows? I DO know that multiple fans from BC were ejected from the game prior to this altercation.  Did their behavior improve the umpire's performance?  Apparently not.  

How are players supposed to react when they've got an hour's worth of "Hey, Blue.... you're blind..... You're horrible..... Got to hell," etc, etc.? How can you expect kids to respond appropriately when their fans (and possibly family) have been disrespecting the officials for an hour or better?  

Nothing good comes from bashing the officials. 

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, on a plus note, I didn't see any BC or CS kids throwing punches or fighting among themselves as was previously reported.  

BC kids were out of line, no doubt.  No excuse for that at all.  Very disappointing.  I don't have a problem with discipline being handed down from the UIL.  I'll be very disappointed if Landry/Dubois don't make a very strong statement by punishing the kids who touched or aggressively approached the umpire.  That's not who we are. 

Back to my original thought that was misunderstood by a lot of the faithful.  You have to wonder if this whole situation was worsened by the behavior of some BC fans.  I'm not justifying the calls.... I wasn't there and the video of the at bat in question looks bad, but who knows? I DO know that multiple fans from BC were ejected from the game prior to this altercation.  Did their behavior improve the umpire's performance?  Apparently not.  

How are players supposed to react when they've got an hour's worth of "Hey, Blue.... you're blind..... You're horrible..... Got to hell," etc, etc.? How can you expect kids to respond appropriately when their fans (and possibly family) have been disrespecting the officials for an hour or better?  

You have a point. But do you find it ironic that out of all the Orange County schools Vidor is the only one who hasn't had an issue? Lol

The video of John Baseball is very damaging to BC. It shows two tall BC players in the face of ump and a shorter BC player shoving a ump. There where a couple more BC players at the umps also don't know if they are trying to get their team mates Bach are what. The BC coaches trying to hold back BC players. 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I agree.

And to follow up on my previous "speculation" post, I admit I was wrong about who was fighting who. I was going only off of Gary Stelly's broadcast and I assumed when he stated a fight had broken out, I thought he was speaking about the teams fighting one another. Looking at this video, that was not the case.

My apologies

36 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree.

And to follow up on my previous "speculation" post, I admit I was wrong about who was fighting who. I was going only off of Gary Stelly's broadcast and I assumed when he stated a fight had broken out, I thought he was speaking about the teams fighting one another. Looking at this video, that was not the case.

My apologies

I heard the same report.... I was under the impression that the kids were fighting each other.  

54 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

CardinalBacker... very seldom have I agreed with you on your posts, but you have been spot on regarding this thread!!!  Glad to see everyone is not blindly drinking the Kool-aid!!!

So, here's a question....  "IF" the ump started the game with horrible calls and the BC fans nor players argued or said anything to him would he correct his calls or keep calling what he wants?  It's a doubled edged sword, but in my eyes you take up for your kids when someone is taking something from them if not who will?  IMO both Saturday umps had a agenda and they did everything they set out to do. Once again, if you weren't at the game you didn't get to witness how bad it was from the first pitch.

The point of the 2nd picture Critter was to let you see where your catcher had been setting up and throwing this particular batter. It was obviously taken earlier. I find it funny none of you complained about the first pitch on the outside corner called on this batter. Give him his due he hit the ball on the head with everything on the line. 

3 minutes ago, John Baseball said:

The point of the 2nd picture Critter was to let you see where your catcher had been setting up and throwing this particular batter. It was obviously taken earlier. I find it funny none of you complained about the first pitch on the outside corner called on this batter. Give him his due he hit the ball on the head with everything on the line. 

can you tell where he was set up in the pics?  Because they look like different places to me.  You are right he got the hit when it mattered, but should the game have already been over?  Nobody will ever know why the ump called it like he did.