Bridge City 10 China Spring 8/Gm2-FINAL/China Spring 10 Bridge City 9/Gm3-FINAL/China Spring wins series 2-1

35 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

The only hint that this pitch mite be a ball is the catcher moving his hand inside a little, other than that it will make you scratch your head on the call.

It's hard to see if the pitch was a little outside or a little in. But the heighth was spot on. Man, looked like a perfect, "down the pike" strike. Sad...like I said earlier we used to call that a "blank high" fastball. That's the one you want to hit. The "blank" is another word for a rooster. Don't want to say the real thing on here, family site and all. Lol. Let's just say when they fight roosters, they call them "blank" fights. Fill in the blank. Lol

10 hours ago, td said:

If you're speculating, why even post? This is the kind of crap that gets people stirred up. 

I don't that think part took a whole lot of speculating.  As Gary was trying to sort out what happened on the field, what I heard was a "gentleman" drop 4 f-bombs in succession (if I remember correctly interspersed with 4 s-bombs) following the walk off hit.  It was quite apparent that the guy wasn't thrilled with the result of the game or the umpire's call that lead to that hit.

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I have no dog in this race, so I am unbiased, but this video doesn't convince me it was a strike or a ball. It wasn't a great angle to decide.  Assuming the ump is set up looking over the inside corner, it appears that the ball could have been a bit inside. Maybe?? I don't know(I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt).  The CS kid should have never been taking a pitch that close with two strikes.  I wonder mentally how much this affected the next pitch? Irregardless tough break BC and it looks like you will be the team to beat for the next few years. Good luck.

Hawk85 we should remember they are just kids and in no way should a kid confront or disrespect a figure of authority or an adult in general. It is so hard for us parents to teach our kids to do right when all they see on TV in pro sports is players questioning the figure of authority. I wonder if their will be any punishment?

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

Hawk85 we should remember they are just kids and in no way should a kid confront or disrespect a figure of authority or an adult in general. It is so hard for us parents to teach our kids to do right when all they see on TV in pro sports is players questioning the figure of authority. I wonder if their will be any punishment?

I'm sure there be ...the whole game ..will be reviewed and picked over with a fine tooth comb from many angles lots of wrongs here .....sad because two teams put it out there like that played so hard no quit in any of them ...poor ending all the way around ...

Watching these few pitches it's hard for me to say whether how that pitch should have been called that night, don't know how consistent or inconsistent the umpire had been or how he called similar pitches all night.  Yes I agree that from that angle it looked like a strike.  And as far  as the reaction of players, that's not uncommon.  And although, I disagreed I heard over and over how a referee or in this case an umpire can't effect an outcome......now as far as the actions after the game,  if hands were placed on the umpire...to me that's a big no no.  Not seeing any of it for myself it's hard to say much on the other parts. i hope it wasn't something minor and a sore loser reaction.  

7 hours ago, STiger85 said:

All these remarks saying this umpire shouldn't call any more,are they based on one missed call??  As far as the ending,  the umpire did not change the outcome he MAY have missed a call that could have ended the game but how many times are calls missed.  I sat directly behind the plate during our series with BC one game on the front row and I can't tell you how many calls I thought were missed.  The outcome of this game was changed by that next pitch.

30 minutes ago, ST413 said:

All these remarks saying this umpire shouldn't call any more,are they based on one missed call??  As far as the ending,  the umpire did not change the outcome he MAY have missed a call that could have ended the game but how many times are calls missed.  I sat directly behind the plate during our series with BC one game on the front row and I can't tell you how many calls I thought were missed.  The outcome of this game was changed by that next pitch.

now the calls that were missed... were they missed when Silsbee was pitching or BC?  And let's not keep beating the dead horse, the video proves he missed the call and that decided the outcome of the game.

9 minutes ago, Critter said:

now the calls that were missed... were they missed when Silsbee was pitching or BC?  And let's not keep beating the dead horse, the video proves he missed the call and that decided the outcome of the game.

Both not one sided at all.  In one game the plate was extended out 6-8 inches at least at times on the first base side and you couldn't get a call on the edge on the other side. Like I said earlier in my opinion that video looks like a strike but doesn't prove anything to me.  

4 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Both not one sided at all.  In one game the plate was extended out 6-8 inches at least at times on the first base side and you couldn't get a call on the edge on the other side. Like I said earlier in my opinion that video looks like a strike but doesn't prove anything to me.  

that's the thing with both games Saturday... Both games had CS's chapter Umps on the dish and they were bias from the start.  But, anyways it's the past time for us to move on.  BC has a very young team that will only get better in the coming years.