2017 DAYTON BRONCOS

Bronco94

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's official, Dave Campbells summer edition has us at 4th I now district, therefore making the playoffs after a season of 4-6 and missing them. What do y'all have to say about that. I say we will be playoff bound but seriously doubt we come in 4th, so let's go Bronco fans, let's talk about it.

The Broncos are losing 35 seniors from last years squad who were experienced and talented, and as we all know went 4-6. This year there are a lot less seniors and a few underclassmen who made the varsity or were brought up during the season. The porous defense from last year has to be much improved if we are to be in the playoff picture, not to mention better offensive line play overall. I saw a very good JV squad play a number of games last year and I hope that exceptional talent translates well on the varsity level the next two years.  

1 hour ago, Bronco/Cat Fan said:

The Broncos are losing 35 seniors from last years squad who were experienced and talented, and as we all know went 4-6. This year there are a lot less seniors and a few underclassmen who made the varsity or were brought up during the season. The porous defense from last year has to be much improved if we are to be in the playoff picture, not to mention better offensive line play overall. I saw a very good JV squad play a number of games last year and I hope that exceptional talent translates well on the varsity level the next two years.  

Well starting August 18, 2017, the Broncos get started with a scrimmage at Friendswood and I feel like the Broncos will start to show how improved we will be. The week after that we travel to Willis for another scrimmage which I think we win both of these games, although we didn't scrimmage Friendswood last year, we did Willis. And our JV did beat Willis like 63-7 in that game. Last year we did have 35 or so seniors graduate but....... some not all but some seniors had not played ball for the previous coach in high school at all. And when we got the new coach, well let's just say we had a big turn out of seniors that wanted to play their senior year under coach nations. Now, if you have a senior that has played football in his 7th thru 12th school years he probably will be on top of his game, but, when you have a senior that has not played football since his 8th grade year, well let's just say, that player would be a little rusty if you will. So the fact that so many seniors were lost is not necessarily a bad thing. As the case with many teams, a senior is not guaranteed a starting spot on a team and that was what I saw with our team. I do know that we will be strong in several key positions. Offense, well at QB we will be strong,a 6'2" 180 pounder that shows to be a player that looks to involve his teammates but if that fails will turn it up, which rushed for over 100 yards in a couple games last year, one of our two top notch RB's who is coming in at about 5'11" and 205, and will soon be a force to reckon with, and another back whom will also play some safety for us that is around 6' and 185. So the 3 spots mentioned are stacked if you will, then we look at our WR's, with players like Torres, Kenner, Lovely, and Orebo, I mean which one do you want to hit, between the 4, someone is gonna be open, and with a passer in the game like Nail, who has a good relationship with his receivers, expect an exciting game. On defense we have some talented secondary this year which will be exciting and some very good linebackers, with a returning letterman as a defensive leader, Waylon  Daley, who comes in probably the strongest Bronco this year is sure to make his presence known, and we have several other returning starters on defense this year, so we will be much improved this year and will start showing that very soon. Before mid-season folks will be saying, yep the Broncos are back. Go 2017 Broncos!!!!!

Just wanted to give a shout out for my Broncos, We got some doubters out there, you notice I didn't quiet say haters, but we got some doubters out there, and with you or without you, this team will do great things, this group of young men are dedicated and are working as hard as any to improve, and will play Bronco Style football this year, that's where we run it down the opponents throats, kill'm with the passing game, and bust'm In the mouth on D. As always Go 2017 Dayton Broncos!!!!!

3 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

Just wanted to give a shout out for my Broncos, We got some doubters out there, you notice I didn't quiet say haters, but we got some doubters out there, and with you or without you, this team will do great things, this group of young men are dedicated and are working as hard as any to improve, and will play Bronco Style football this year, that's where we run it down the opponents throats, kill'm with the passing game, and bust'm In the mouth on D. As always Go 2017 Dayton Broncos!!!!!

Did you say "D"? :-)))

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

He likes the "D"! Lol

That D I'm stressing is Defense my little perverted neighbors from the south and the west. That D will be too much for the hill and Crosby this year. More disciplined and we got a corner outta nowhere this year that will be a QB nightmare. 

8 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

That D I'm stressing is Defense my little perverted neighbors from the south and the west. That D will be too much for the hill and Crosby this year. More disciplined and we got a corner outta nowhere this year that will be a QB nightmare. 

Settle down, it was joke. Y'all will be last in team D this year though.:)

On 7/1/2017 at 10:01 AM, Red Dawn said:

Did you say "D"? :-)))

10 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

He likes the "D"! Lol

8 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

Ha. I was chuckling bc you mentioned Dayton D. As in defense. Y'all have been tough to beat but putting up points on the Broncs has not been the issue as of late. 

33 days til our first scrimmage, I know  it's 46 days til the opening day, but I am ready to see us with 11 on the field suited up with pads  and laying the wood to someone. Starting away with Friendswood August 18, freshman and JV at 5 varsity at 7.

31 days until our first scrimmage. Broncos looking good in practice, everything clicking along nicely. Players getting stronger everyday, putting the time in the weight room and conditioning, is one of the things that's gonna help us this year get back to "that" team. As always, Go Broncos!!!!!!