Kirbyville prayers

rykerx144

I See at least two red flags, although I'll bow to TVC's opinion because this is more in his line of work. Number one is the initial statement being a lie (smells).  The second is who called the police.  It's a KISD problem, yet neither the Supt, nor the head of the school board called.  The mayor called.  Makes you wonder who runs the KISD.  For the sake of Mr. Reeves family, and the good people of Kirbyville, I hope someone finds out the truth.

they still have not confirmed suicide. Still waiting on gsr results. Since super arrived: ad left, asst. principal, and jr high principal. Shredding truck shows up day after order not to destroy. Video surveillance broken. 4 days to give a statement to police. If you read the asst pricipals resignation, he makes several points that I think could  definitely win a civil suit if it was sought.

11 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

they still have not confirmed suicide. Still waiting on gsr results. Since super arrived: ad left, asst. principal, and jr high principal. Shredding truck shows up day after order not to destroy. Video surveillance broken. 4 days to give a statement to police. If you read the asst pricipals resignation, he makes several points that I think could  definitely win a civil suit if it was sought.

The only thing I didn't like about the assistants statement and the points he made was that they were already things that the public knew. When I read it I was hoping for some better "insider" information into what was really going on... to me it was just a recap of what the media is already saying.

22 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

I am surprised that they even did a GSR. 

Results might be conclusive if they did but not necessarily. 

Had a story on Ch 6 again tonight.  Had the Family lawyer on.  He had concerns about several aspects of the investigation, including the series of phone calls.  Also, a group of concerned citizens went to the dump and dug out a bunch of stuff dumped out of the school.  They'll probably post the story on their website.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, AHUDDLESTON said:

Just want to double check, are you insinuating that this might be a murder?

4 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Just want to double check, are you insinuating that this might be a murder?

I can't speak for AHUDDLESTON, but many Kirbyville residents have openly questioned whether not Dr. Wallis could have pulled the trigger.  

The more this drags on, the worse it looks for Kirbyville. In most places, firing a principal for boofing his secretary is the only reasonable course of action... regardless of how charismatic the principal is. The good news is that all of the people of Kirbyville will get to share in any buyout of Dr. Wallis's contract should the school board opt to go a different way, and will no doubt pay for any settlement that the grieving family ends up receiving. So, when the citizens of Kirbyville are saying "I'll bring the diesel! You'uns fetch some matches! We'll meet up at the schoolhouse!!!," remember to yell "and we can all pay higher taxes!!!!"

It's way too late for the school to replace a super, assistant super, high school principal, assistant high school principal, and junior high principal in less than two months. I doubt they can come up with enough candidates, much less good ones on such short notice. 

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I can't speak for AHUDDLESTON, but many Kirbyville residents have openly questioned whether not Dr. Wallis could have pulled the trigger.  

The more this drags on, the worse it looks for Kirbyville. In most places, firing a principal for boofing his secretary is the only reasonable course of action... regardless of how charismatic the principal is. The good news is that all of the people of Kirbyville will get to share in any buyout of Dr. Wallis's contract should the school board opt to go a different way, and will no doubt pay for any settlement that the grieving family ends up receiving. So, when the citizens of Kirbyville are saying "I'll bring the diesel! You'uns fetch some matches! We'll meet up at the schoolhouse!!!," remember to yell "and we can all pay higher taxes!!!!"

It's way too late for the school to replace a super, assistant super, high school principal, assistant high school principal, and junior high principal in less than two months. I doubt they can come up with enough candidates, much less good ones on such short notice. 

I wonder if there could be a clause in the Supt contract that if he's found doing something unlawful, he could be let go without pay?  Sounds reasonable.  We'll see.

BTW:.  I heard they're having a bar-b-q fundraiser for the Reeves family in Kirbyville tomorrow.  Ch 6.

17 hours ago, REBgp said:

I wonder if there could be a clause in the Supt contract that if he's found doing something unlawful, he could be let go without pay?  Sounds reasonable.  We'll see.

BTW:.  I heard they're having a bar-b-q fundraiser for the Reeves family in Kirbyville tomorrow.  Ch 6.

No disrespect intended here, but that would be the first I have ever heard of a someone doing a benefit for a family who lost a loved one due to suicide.

17 hours ago, REBgp said:

No doubt he can be removed for doing something unlawful, but to this point I haven't seen anything to indicate that he's broken a rule, much less a law. 

He misled the news by saying the meeting with Reeves was nothing major, then it turns out it was a "resign or get fired" meeting. Dr. Wallis would defend his statement by saying that he was trying to spare the feelings of the family by leaving the bad stuff out when talking to the media. 

Here's a brainbender... the secretary is alleged to have told admin that Reeves had threatened to hurt himself if news of the affair got out. If that statement is true, then the secretary admitted that the affair occurred or was occurring. So, either the secretary admitted to the affair and expressed concern for Reeves, or Reeves never threatened to harm himself. Either way, Wallis is in the clear.  

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No disrespect intended here, but that would be the first I have ever heard of a someone doing a benefit for a family who lost a loved one due to suicide.

For real... I've heard a few people mention that. Most families would be ready to scrap over discussing somebody in the family who ended things that way. Maybe times have changed, I dunno. 

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

No doubt he can be removed for doing something unlawful, but to this point I haven't seen anything to indicate that he's broken a rule, much less a law. 

He misled the news by saying the meeting with Reeves was nothing major, then it turns out it was a "resign or get fired" meeting. Dr. Wallis would defend his statement by saying that he was trying to spare the feelings of the family by leaving the bad stuff out when talking to the media. 

Here's a brainbender... the secretary is alleged to have told admin that Reeves had threatened to hurt himself if news of the affair got out. If that statement is true, then the secretary admitted that the affair occurred or was occurring. So, either the secretary admitted to the affair and expressed concern for Reeves, or Reeves never threatened to harm himself. Either way, Wallis is in the clear.  

It's my understanding that there's a court order (not sure of correct legal term) against any disposing of documents.  If he did throw some away, wouldn't that be illegal?  Also, Ch 6 stated that is the thing (one of?) that cost him his previous job at, I believe, College Station.  He'd been caught disposing of documents.  I don't remember the particulars.

Of course, I didn't say he had broke a law, I was merely asking the question, "if he did break a law", perhaps he could be released without having to pay him the money remaining on his contract.  Again, i know little about contracts or law.

• 2 weeks later...
On May 30, 2017 at 10:47 PM, rykerx144 said:

Im afraid this is just the start.

I heard, but can't confirm, that several other principles have resigned (elementary & ????).  Have you heard this?  Man, I feel sorry for the folks in Kirbyville.  They don't deserve this.  And I wonder, what's the underlying cause, and how could it get so bad, so quick.

I'm not a resident, but the mayor (who referred to the upset folks as rednecks), his son, and the Supt (and maybe Asst Supt) are up to something, and it smells worse than the paper mill here in Evadale.  

More from Ch 6 News.  None explanatory, mostly hurdles into the investigation.  One comment when I watched that's not on here, from the KISD, concerning the restraining order of not disposing of any documents (paraphrased):  "As a Govt organization, we should be able to dispose of anything we won't".  I thot that was kind of a strange statement.

This is the hidden content, please