Kirbyville prayers

rykerx144

Forgive me for being skeptical, but I simply don't believe that the super's reasons for not disclosing the true reason for the meeting between them was to protect Mr. Reeves' reputation.   Especially given that he threatened a district investigation over the affair that by all accounts, including that of investigating law enforcement, had ended long before the meeting between Wallis and Reeves....a threat which ultimately lead to the resignation of Reeves.

5 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

So the superintendent lied to the media, but told the truth to the police.. why does everyone have a problem with that?? In my opinion he was probably trying to protect Reeves reputation because he knows how the media can be.

Why was alleged affair brought up again if it had already been handled in 2015, and the asst. Supe. Knew that fact?

7 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Why is everyone convinced that the Superintendent has something to do with the suicide? It seems pretty cut and dried to me, and it is a very sad story that doesn't need to be inflamed with a conspiracy theory. The man got caught in his second affair, he was losing his job, probably going to lose his wife and his kids were at the age that they might decide to never speak do him again for doing this to their family. It weighted heavily and he thought he was beyond repair. End of story.

No not the end of the story and not true it was not his secobd time to get caught this issue involed the same lady and same occurrence last year.  His wife knew about the incident so maybe you shouldnt jump to conclisions

5 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

So the superintendent lied to the media, but told the truth to the police.. why does everyone have a problem with that?? In my opinion he was probably trying to protect Reeves reputation because he knows how the media can be.

I have a huge problem with him lying in his statment.  No i do not think he was involved in the shooting.  I do have a problem also with the way it was handled.  I can promise you he did not have Mr Reeves reputation in mind when he lied.  He knew it was handled wrong. 

30 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Why was alleged affair brought up again if it had already been handled in 2015, and the asst. Supe. Knew that fact?

It was brought back up because the former secretary involved brought it back up during a seperate issue that had nothing to do with another incident with reeves

34 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

It was brought back up because the former secretary involved brought it back up during a seperate issue that had nothing to do with another incident with reeves

So she denied it when it was brought up 2 years ago but now she says it happened. Was she involved with this second incident?

48 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Yes she denied it last year when Hazelwood investigated it.  It came back up the day of the incident and shs then admitted to it

So did it get brought back up because she was admitting to it? Or did something else happen to make it resurface?

12 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Forgive me for being skeptical, but I simply don't believe that the super's reasons for not disclosing the true reason for the meeting between them was to protect Mr. Reeves' reputation.   Especially given that he threatened a district investigation over the affair that by all accounts, including that of investigating law enforcement, had ended long before the meeting between Wallis and Reeves....a threat which ultimately lead to the resignation of Reeves.

Skeptical? You are basically saying that Wallis forced Reeves to resign over a matter that was handled by the previous superintendent in 2015. That's more than skeptical. Wallis may be no angel, but to force a resignation based on an incident that was put to bed by the previous regime nearly two years ago is unimaginable! Not to mention that this incident led to a suicide on school property that you are indirectly implying was due to Wallis' "power play".  You are literally allowing your emotions to get in the way of your reason, which is not usually your calling card.

The more reasonable explanation is that something new occurred and Wallis gave Reeves an ultimatum. Wallis didn't feel comfortable telling the news media that the meeting was disciplinary in nature, so he made something up. I can't blame him, I am sure he was in shock and was trying to do the right thing by talking to law enforcement before making comments to the news. When the police questioned him, he told the truth and referred all other requests for information to the police. The truth is, Wallis will not survive this. He was already behind the 8 ball, and this situation has just sealed his fate. If he starts the next school year as superintendent I will be surprised.

If we really want to talk about irresponsible, let's talk about the Kirbyville chief of police. He is giving details of an active investigation to the news media to be broadcast all over the area. That is irresponsible.

I'm not saying that Wallis forced Reeves to resign over a issue handled two years ago by a previous superintendent.....the facts are.  Is there some other explanation?  Possibly.  But so far, there is no evidence to support any other explanation.  And now I am asked to give him the "benefit of the doubt" when he knowingly misrepresented the nature of his meeting with the media.....that is called a lie.  The fact that he said it to Angel San Juan as opposed to a member of the Kirbyville PD does not change that.  And, yes, I have a big problem with a school official lying in a statement that he knows will be viewed by just about every member of the community he serves. 

But we now know who is the real culprit in this matter.  It is Chief Paul Brister of the Kirbyville PD for he disclosed the statements of Wallis which shows that Wallis was giving different versions of the story to different individuals.  There is a problem with that....there is no ongoing criminal investigation.  It is settled who fired the fatal shot that killed Dennis Reeves.  So with that, Chief Brister is supposed to sit on the information that he has?  Chief Brister, much like Dr. Wallis, serves the community of Kirbyville, he is not Wallis' PR guy.

If this situation does seal Wallis' fate at Kirbyville ISD, he has no one to blame but himself.

3 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

And thats just what your seeing online.  We are in a bad place right now.  

I just saw a story on Ch 6 about folks in Kirbyville demanding the Superintendent resign, and passing those demands to the School Board.  

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

And it will fall upon deaf ears

If not, my imagination could contrive several ugly scenarios involving said school board of why not.  The flat out original lie by the Supt. to Ch 6, smells to high heaven, and at the very least indicates the man has no integrity.

19 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I hope Mrs.Horn and the other incoming board members nip this in the bud.  What a terrible hire this was in the first place. Who hires a super with a gag order in place against his previous school district???

The bad news is that Dr. Wallis is just over two months into what has to be at least a two year contract, and based on his resume I don't expect him to have been hired cheaply. My guess is that unless the ISD has $300-400k dollars lying around (which they don't), he's here for the long haul. You can absolutely fire him, but unless it's "for cause" the citizens of Kirbyville will still owe him the balance due to him.  

The sad thing about the Wallis hire is that Kirbyville is almost certain to never land a super with his proven record of success at previous positions. People might hate him, but the schools made dramatic improvements in testing (which Kirbyville needs) and he can manage the business of the ISD like few others can. He's just a prick. I've got a good friend that knows Wallis from before and knows Kirbyville. We talked two months ago about how this was going to end badly.... I just didn't expect this badly or this soon. 

On 6/2/2017 at 10:13 PM, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I hope Mrs.Horn and the other incoming board members nip this in the bud.  What a terrible hire this was in the first place. Who hires a super with a gag order in place against his previous school district???

Amen brother!  I am just worried about one of the other two elected.....

I have glanced at the articles on this, saw comments on a couple of sites and some crazy stuff on Facebook.

What is the big swirl about?

I am going under the belief, at least publicly, that the principal might have been fooling around with one or two women. I know others feel more strongly than I do but I just don't care about someone sex life. That is between him, his wife, any other women involved and God. 

I know that employees, especially public employees, can bring disrepute to their employer even off duty and can be terminated for conduct unbecoming or demoted. I get it. If someone violates his employer's code of conduct and has to pay the price, I get that. 

I have no idea if any of the innuendo of infidelity is true. In truth I really don't care except that I would hate that a person would commit suicide over a false accusation but I am sure it has happened. 

To the point at hand. Some of the first comments I saw implied that it was not a suicide because of some reported facts about the case. I think that has pretty much been dispelled. It sure appears as though the principal took his own life although that is not the scandal that some want.

That brings us to the current topic and all the news reports which seem like they are trying to stir up a hornets nest where one likely doesn't exist (although I could think of one). 

Was the superintendent rude or overbearing in his job and approach to this situation? If so, so what? I can see if this is just an attempt to get the guy out and if he is abusive, great. Fire the bum. Is it any more than that however? That is what I can't figure out. I saw the assistant principals letter and while it might well be entirely correct, again, so what? My boss is not a nice guy. Oooookay.....................

Again, fire him. What is the scandal however? Are what appears to be dozens of articles and probably thousands of comments over an overbearing fusspot of a boss? If there really any concern for some criminal act or some duty to act? 

I don't know anyone involved and other than a news story, don't care. I feel terrible for the principal's family but from the stories that I have read, he is at least partly responsible (other than the direct fact that he probably killed himself) for the situation. Again, I hold no moral judgment against him. I see lots of comments on lots of boards about someone that will cheat on a spouse but have seen stats that tell me many of the people commenting on it, have likely done so themselves. It is wrong but who is without sin? Who is without stupid life mistakes? 

So here is the way I look at it. A guy in power gets too close to an employee and may have fooled around. It was either dealt with by a former boss or something new happened. The now jerk of a boss puts pressure on him to resign and he does. The principal is stunned and embarrassed and resigns under pressure. He is visibly shaken yet no one helps him. Unfortunately he is so distraught that he takes his own life. We find out that the superintendent is likely a cad and is a rude and abusive boss but likely broke no laws. 

Is there more to it than that? Why are there pages of articles and comments? A suicide by a public figure is big news. I get that also. Why these scandal appearing articles? OHHH.... NOW we find out that boss is rude! Wait, he is a bully! Hang on, he didn't care enough to get the guy help!

Fire him as a bad hire, keep him with a suspension or counseling or whatever but do so and move on. 

This all looks like jumping on a bad boss. Maybe he need to be publicly chastised but is it any more than that.........

In my opinion.  

I am sure that the folks in Kirbyville have their own reasons and are apparently petitioning the Kirbyville CISD board (officially this time, none of that change.org crap that was going around) for the removal of both superintendent Wallis and assistant superintendent May.

As to me, do I believe that anything done will lead to criminal charges and/or conviction?  No.  Do I think that anything was done that would leave Wallis, May or the school district liable under civil law? Again, no.

However, for me, and this is for me alone, when the superintendent was not up front with the public (in fact, the truth is that he flat out lied) about the true nature of the meeting and that, contrary to what he told the media, at the meeting there was pressure to resign, that set off bells.  In fact, it was more he just left out a few details, he was not truthful at all.  This is not some media manufactured scandal like the Trump/Russia crap that the MSM is trying to shove down out throats.  Any wounds that Wallis suffers from this saga are self inflicted.  The former employee of the law field leads me to believe he is concealing something much more severe.  I am sure that in questioning folks, you have had those bells go off as well.   And as I did and you do, when you are left with the impression that something is being covered up, you dig for more answers as to what he is hiding.  

And guess what, a local TV reporter who feels he has been lied to is going to do the same thing.  In fact, the reporter will probably use that as the impetus to dig even more vigorously than ever.  To me, the continual news reports are, at least in some part, tied to that.  MSM and even local reporters are pretty combative these days when they are told the truth........you lie to them and it is ON! Quite frankly, they probably won't stop until Wallis and May leave their positions, whether through termination or resignation. Perhaps not even then.  They are still hot on the heels of Carrol Thomas, and it has been about three years since he left BISD.