Officer Antoine in hot water

PhatMack19

4 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I'm sure many on this site have been pulled over by this man.  He and Burmaster in Beaumont seem to be the most notorious traffic cops in the area.

This is the hidden content, please

I don't know about Antoines chip is but Burmaster is pissed that he is not a Lawyer 

Antoine gave my dad a ticket - no seatbelt on - his only ticket at age 84  what a   guy!

I don't know why, but seeing a Police Officer charged with something like this hits me in the gut a little harder.  Maybe I'm a little bit of an idealist?  With my 6th grade education, I have no idea what you call it.  It's like a friend of mine says, "Who's going to guard law and order, when the guards are gone?".

On 5/23/2017 at 8:35 AM, PhatMack19 said:

I'm sure many on this site have been pulled over by this man.  He and Burmaster in Beaumont seem to be the most notorious traffic cops in the area.

This is the hidden content, please

I had to help a friend with a Burmaster ticket.  Caught my lead-footed buddy going 47 in a 45.  Luckily, he was able to stop him and write him up before he did anyone any serious harm with such a blatant disregard for the speed limit. :rolleyes:

Said ticket was ultimately dismissed by the judge...

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I had to help a friend with a Burmaster ticket.  Caught my lead-footed buddy going 47 in a 45.  Luckily, he was able to stop him and write him up before he did anyone any serious harm with such a blatant disregard for the speed limit. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that you chose to defend someone probably under surveillance by Homeland and the FBI.  Add a green card and you'd have the trifecta with the Border Patrol.  Even my buddy Matlock would've had trouble winning that case :) 

On a serious note, 47 in a 45, seriously?  I'm sorry but that reeks of quotas - slow day - boredom - or horses behind.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I'm surprised that you chose to defend someone probably under surveillance by Homeland and the FBI.  Add a green card and you'd have the trifecta with the Border Patrol.  Even my buddy Matlock would've had trouble winning that case :) 

On a serious note, 47 in a 45, seriously?  I'm sorry but that reeks of quotas - slow day - boredom - or horses behind.

Sounds like the latter

6 hours ago, REBgp said:

4 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Sounds like the latter

Our buddy nailed it.  It's really not that uncommon with him from what I hear...

6 hours ago, REBgp said:

By the way Reb, I wish I had taken you to the "pretrial conference."  I drive to Beaumont, and luckily they call the cases with lawyers back first.  I sit down across from a city prosecutor and slide the ticket across the desk to her.  I say, "are you guys really serious with this ridiculousness?"   She looks at me funny and says, "yes?"   I stand up and say, "see you at trial" and walk out.  Had to be the shortest pretrial conference in history. 

Remembering that the article is merely an accusation by a person that appears to have admitted to the reporter that he has committed a couple of felonies.....

Maybe true, maybe false... but at this point it is a claim by a person with an unknown reliability. No charges have been taken by the DA at this time. It is a two page article over a single accusation. 

On May 24, 2017 at 1:24 PM, TxHoops said:

My mother and I used to work at the same school, and I ended up behind her one day on the way to work.  She went through a yellow light, I stopped behind her, and the vehicle next to me ran the red light (marginally, in a way most cops would let  slide).  Burmeister was at the cross street, and pulled that vehicle as well as my mom over, and gave them both tickets for running the red light.  I was literally 3 car lengths behind her and clearly saw that she was entering the intersection as the light turned yellow.  My mom tried to fight it in municipal court, but the judge was old and senile (asked me 3 times in 2 minutes how old I was), and just went along with burmeister and his evidence (a video that showed the vehicles but not the light).  If you're ever in that situation I believe you can ask for a trial with a jury, and I highly recommend it.

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

My mother and I used to work at the same school, and I ended up behind her one day on the way to work.  She went through a yellow light, I stopped behind her, and the vehicle next to me ran the red light.  Burmeister was at the cross street, and pulled that vehicle as well as my mom over, and gave them tickets for running the red light.  I was literally 3 car lengths behind her and clearly saw that she was entering the intersection as the light turned yellow.  My mom tried to fight it in municipal court, but the judge was old and senile (asked me 3 times in 2 minutes how old I was), and just went along with burmeister and his evidence (a video that showed the vehicles but not the light).  If you're ever in that situation I believe you can ask for a trial with a jury, and I highly recommend it.

Mine was going to be a jury trial.  Judge was just embarrassed to have 6 people waste their morning sitting on that jury.  

On your mom's situation, you would be surprised at the # of cops who don't know that law. I've had 2 situations, both in personal unhurt cases where the cop believed you had to clear the intersection, rather than enter it, before the light turns red.  At least when they wrote the ticket before the statute was shown to them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was stopped by Antoine several years ago. Caught me a little after Saba lane. He asked me several questions, which my kids preceded to answer from the back seat. (They were scared they were going to jail..lol). He thought they were cute and asked if he could give them a little something. They ended up with 2 PAPD coffee mugs, and I still ended up with a ticket..lol