More from the peace lovers?

BS Wildcats

Until folks start looking at things through the lens of truth and wipe these folks out and keep them out of other countries because obviously no one can screen them appropriately this will continue to happen and it happens to the most innocents among us!

The significant point of this attack is that it was directed at a crowd of young teenagers.  It's a new low.  Will this wake up anyone?  Perhaps a handful in England.  Those on the far left in America are to brainwashed to grasp the dangers.  Blinded by their worshipping at the alter of PC.  A god of stupidity.  A god of doom.  A god that I'll never understand.

12 hours ago, texanabroad said:

I have lived amongst the so called peace loving Muslims and I can tell you from experience that they have little concern for women and children. It was actually quite sickening to witness at times. So, no, I am not surprised that they would blow up a bunch of children. 

I don't bother debating politics or religion, both are debates that never get resolved, but stereotyping all Muslims based on the actions of a few idiots isn't the right way to go. I'll just leave it at that.

Have to stop the influx of them into our country so we can protect our citizens which should be the govt. number one job. When we start getting some help from those people that are here then we can see about opening more immigration. Its no one's right to come here its a privilege .

1 hour ago, Coach Frey said:

I don't bother debating politics or religion, both are debates that never get resolved, but stereotyping all Muslims based on the actions of a few idiots isn't the right way to go. I'll just leave it at that.

If you have a bowl of grapes, and 3 of the grapes have been injected with cyanide, are you going to eat any of the grapes? And if not, does this necessarily mean you are claiming that all of the grapes are poisonous, i.e. labeling all grapes as bad? Most people will say the whole bowl is spoiled, not because they are attributing the bad characteristics of a few to the whole group, because they know some are good and some are rotten. The good ones cannot be identified from the bad ones, therefore you avoid the whole bowl. This is not stereotyping, this is being realistically cautious. If you want to eat the grapes, be my guest. But don't force me to indulge in the foolish endeavor until we find a satisfactory solution of identifying the good ones from the bad ones. I love grapes, but will throw out the whole bunch if I believe one in the bunch will kill me. 

2 minutes ago, Englebert said:

If you have a bowl of grapes, and 3 of the grapes have been injected with cyanide, are you going to eat any of the grapes? And if not, does this necessarily mean you are claiming that all of the grapes are poisonous, i.e. labeling all grapes as bad? Most people will say the whole bowl is spoiled, not because they are attributing the bad characteristics of a few to the whole group, because they know some are good and some are rotten. The good ones cannot be identified from the bad ones, therefore you avoid the whole bowl. This is not stereotyping, this is being realistically cautious. If you want to eat the grapes, be my guest. But don't force me to indulge in the foolish endeavor until we find a satisfactory solution of identifying the good ones from the bad ones. I love grapes, but will throw out the whole bunch if I believe one in bunch will kill me. 

I disagree with your analogy, and no one is forcing you to think anything. I merely gave my opinion. That's all. To each their own.

2 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

I purposely did not list it because we won't agree. Hence my previous post that I don't debate politics or religion.

But here you are debating. I'm curious as to what part of my analogy you think is incorrect.

If you want to offer an opinion on a subject, especially when you are accusing others of negatively stereotyping a group of people, it's your duty to back up your claims. I guess I could claim you are a pedophile then simply say I won't debate. Now that wouldn't be very nice would it.

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

But here you are debating. I'm curious as to what part of my analogy you think is incorrect.

If you want to offer an opinion on a subject, especially when you are accusing others of negatively stereotyping a group of people, it's your duty to back up your claims. I guess I could claim you are a pedophile then simply say I won't debate. Now that wouldn't be very nice would it.

This will be my last post on the thread, as my lunch is ending soon. I won't discuss why I find your analogy wrong, I just do.

I never accused you of anything negative, I just gave my opinion to a poster (not you) about stereotyping a group. My opinion may not mean a thing, and that's fine. You know what they say about opinions.....

As far as calling me names, I don't really let that bother me. I've learned through my years in education/coaching that you can disagree with people and still get along.

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

This will be my last post on the thread, as my lunch is ending soon. I won't discuss why I find your analogy wrong, I just do.

I never accused you of anything negative, I just gave my opinion to a poster (not you) about stereotyping a group. My opinion may not mean a thing, and that's fine. You know what they say about opinions.....

As far as calling me names, I don't really let that bother me. I've learned through my years in education that you can disagree with people and still get along.

Good luck!

I have no problem getting along with people that I don't see eye-to-eye. But when someone makes an accusation, then it is their duty to back up their contentions. And I bet it would bother you a whole lot if people started accusing you of pedophilia, especially since you are in the Education field. That could be very damaging to your career. And that is my whole point. You accused a person of stereotyping a group of people, then want to run and hide without explanation. That is just not right, and is potentially harmful. If you want to spout an opinion, be prepared to back it up. If you have reasons for labeling someone, then give those reasons. I might not agree with you, and that's fine. But to throw out an accusation without explanation is just flat out wrong.

On a side note, I really appreciate you giving the scores and updates on the soccer and baseball forums. I wish we had more like you to take the time to do this. For this, I give you a big thank you. And please keep posting them.

1 hour ago, Coach Frey said:

So in order to avoid being guilty of stereotyping we should tolerate things such as what happened in London yesterday because someone might be offended if we don't?

20 minutes ago, Englebert said:
11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

So in order to avoid being guilty of stereotyping we should tolerate things such as what happened in London yesterday because someone might be offended if we don't?

I have no problem getting along with people that I don't see eye-to-eye. But when someone makes an accusation, then it is their duty to back up their contentions. And I bet it would bother you a whole lot if people started accusing you of pedophilia, especially since you are in the Education field. That could be very damaging to your career. And that is my whole point. You accused a person of stereotyping a group of people, then want to run and hide without explanation. That is just not right, and is potentially harmful. If you want to spout an opinion, be prepared to back it up. If you have reasons for labeling someone, then give those reasons. I might not agree with you, and that's fine. But to throw out an accusation without explanation is just flat out wrong.

Absolutely not. I'm completely on board with squashing Radical Islamic terrorists. I could care less if people are offended. I just offered my perspective since I have extended family and friends who practice Islam, that all people who do, do not carry those insane views. That is what I originally responded to, someone that lumped them all together. I see it as the same if someone labeled me, since I'm a Christian, based on the action of Westboro Baptist Church, a group of idiots who claim to be Christians and yet go around and picket dead soldiers funerals. Those stupid people do not reflect on me and my views. I think there are many people who practice Islam who feel the same way about these idiotic radical groups like ISIS. You won't see me complaining about Trump handling them.....

And I told Englebert I'd be done with this conversation 20 minutes ago lol.....

3 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

Absolutely not. I'm completely on board with squashing Radical Islamic terrorists. I could care less if people are offended. I just offered my perspective since I have extended family and friends who practice Islam, that all people who do, do not carry those insane views. That is what I originally responded to, someone that lumped them all together. I see it as the same if someone labeled me, since I'm a Christian, based on the action of Westboro Baptist Church, a group of idiots who claim to be Christians and yet go around and picket dead soldiers funerals. Those stupid people do not reflect on me and my views. I think there are many people who practice Islam who feel the same way about these idiotic radical groups like ISIS. You won't see me complaining about Trump handling them.....

Then my analogy was spot on.

1 minute ago, Englebert said:

Then my analogy was spot on.

I didn't see your analogy as spot on because we could A)know who injected the grapes with cyanide and thus removed the ones who were, as opposed to throwing them all out B)I found your analogy to be incredibly dehumanizing as you are comparing the lives of individuals to fruit that can be thrown away C)I disagreed with the premise that finding out which ones in the group were poisoned was a "foolish endeavor" when it could save lives. 

3 minutes ago, 77 said:

every time there is an attack here the family of the attacker that even lives with them knew absolutely nothing was wrong. I dont buy it and that is why we lump them together and they cant be trusted! JMO

And that's fine. I don't agree with your opinion but I respect it:) I have members of my extended family who practice Islam and they hate those idiots that do crap like what happened in London just as much as I do. But that's the joy of living in a free country, we can have our own opinions and still get along.

3 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

I didn't see your analogy as spot on because we could A)know who injected the grapes with cyanide and thus removed the ones who were, as opposed to throwing them all out B)I found your analogy to be incredibly dehumanizing as you are comparing the lives of individuals to fruit that can be thrown away C)I disagreed with the premise that finding out which ones in the group were poisoned was a "foolish endeavor" when it could save lives. 

An analogy is an analogy. It would only be dehumanizing for someone trying to read too much into an analogy. As far as Point A, we don't know who injected the grapes, therefore have no way to determine the good from the bad. And for Point C, the foolish endeavor was eating the grapes, i.e. taking your chances and hoping you guess right as opposed to the prudent act of ensuring safety but not being able to enjoy the fruit.

2 hours ago, Coach Frey said:

if your a Muslim then you study the Quran....   Do i need to go any further?

2 hours ago, 77 said:

Have to stop the influx of them into our country so we can protect our citizens which should be the govt. number one job. When we start getting some help from those people that are here then we can see about opening more immigration. Its no one's right to come here its a privilege .

most people dont understand the difference of right and privilege and the left are trying to rewrite the definitions