Riveting Game - Congratulations Kirbyville & Jasper

It took me about a day to digest the  baseball game I witnessed Saturday afternoon and evening in Jasper. 

First off, to the school board and administration at Jasper you sure got it right building our beautiful athletic complex. Kudos to you all. Without this beautiful, all weather  complex the 3 rain delays totaling more then 3 hours of idle time this classic game would of been postponed to another date or cancelled all together. 

Secondly the historical game (for our Kirbyville neighbors) I was fortunate enough to witness might go down as one of the best high school baseball games this old man has ever seen. 

The game itself saw Kirbyville build up what looked to be an insurmountable 7-3 lead with two outs in the 7th inning.  One more out moves them up to the next regional round. Their opponent Central has one man on base and two strikes on their hitter when their rally starts. Central somehow manages to score 4 runs with two outs to tie the score at 7. To add to that drama Kirbyville barely escapes falling behind during Centrals last ditch rally. In the bottom of the 7th and 8th innings Central escapes by moving pitchers in and out of the game switching positions with different players. These moves that I did not even know were allowed to be made. Kirbyville then has to rally in the 8th inning as Central had taken an 8-7 lead. Kirbyville then ties the game and now its Centrals turn to escape further damage which they do. 

This forces 3 more innings another rain delay more Houdini escapes by both teams and ultimately a two out single by the number 9 hitter and winning pitcher in Kirbyvilles lineup. 

Besides the winning Kirbyville team and their fans the biggest winner is my hometown for being able to host such a riveting game. 

2 hours ago, jeffcoat said:

It took me about a day to digest the  baseball game I witnessed Saturday afternoon and evening in Jasper. 

First off, to the school board and administration at Jasper you sure got it right building our beautiful athletic complex. Kudos to you all. Without this beautiful, all weather  complex the 3 rain delays totaling more then 3 hours of idle time this classic game would of been postponed to another date or cancelled all together. 

Secondly the historical game (for our Kirbyville neighbors) I was fortunate enough to witness might go down as one of the best high school baseball games this old man has ever seen. 

The game itself saw Kirbyville build up what looked to be an insurmountable 7-3 lead with two outs in the 7th inning.  One more out moves them up to the next regional round. Their opponent Central has one man on base and two strikes on their hitter when their rally starts. Central somehow manages to score 4 runs with two outs to tie the score at 7. To add to that drama Kirbyville barely escapes falling behind during Centrals last ditch rally. In the bottom of the 7th and 8th innings Central escapes by moving pitchers in and out of the game switching positions with different players. These moves that I did not even know were allowed to be made. Kirbyville then has to rally in the 8th inning as Central had taken an 8-7 lead. Kirbyville then ties the game and now its Centrals turn to escape further damage which they do. 

This forces 3 more innings another rain delay more Houdini escapes by both teams and ultimately a two out single by the number 9 hitter and winning pitcher in Kirbyvilles lineup. 

Besides the winning Kirbyville team and their fans the biggest winner is my hometown for being able to host such a riveting game. 

the game lasted almost 7 hours