West Orange Stark vs Robinson

18 minutes ago, gronkykong17 said:

Robinson has a history of knocking out southeast Texas schools this deep in the playoffs. They've given BC some fits in the past, and if I'm not mistaken they knocked out LCM last year. 

Robinson is always a tough out and they also always make a deep run. Going to be a great game!

Robinson in the past decade has knocked out: 

BC (3 times) Regional Semis '11, '12, '16

LCM (Regional Final) '16

I think Orangefield is the last SETX Team to beat the Rockets in Regional Semis back in 2010, before losing to Jasper in Regional Finals.

40 minutes ago, kicker said:

Is it just me or is Robinson way closer to Magnolia than we are?

Magnolia is a just a bit northwest of Houston and Robinson is up in Waco (in fact, it is sometimes called "Waco Robinson").  So if anybody has the distance advantage on this one, it is probably WO-S.

23 minutes ago, walldrill said:

Robinson in the past decade has knocked out: 

BC (3 times) Regional Semis '11, '12, '16

LCM (Regional Final) '16

I think Orangefield is the last SETX Team to beat the Rockets in Regional Semis back in 2010, before losing to Jasper in Regional Finals.

I knew there was some history, just wasn't sure of the years. Thanks for the info.

8 hours ago, gronkykong17 said:

Robinson has a history of knocking out southeast Texas schools this deep in the playoffs. They've given BC some fits in the past, and if I'm not mistaken they knocked out LCM last year. 

Robinson is always a tough out and they also always make a deep run. Going to be a great game!

They knocked out both BC and LCM last year

17 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

JD3 will have some new fans after this big W...seems like a lot of folks must not know or forgot what he did 2 years ago as a sophomore!

That is one of the things that sticks out most to me out of all the things he's accomplished.  The Anderson twins were such a force that before that mammoth game he threw, I'm not sure a lot of us were aware how good JD was.