West Orange-Stark 2 Orangefield 0/FINAL/WO-S wins series 1-0

Hats off to OF tonight they came to play. Hold your heads high guys y'all had a great season. I new it was gonna be a dog fight till the end. To my Mustangs let's keep on eating fellas time to get after Robinson .... 

1 hour ago, CLW321 said:

Me too! Orangefield were being sore losers trying to fight! They knew they were gonna lose before it started! #1game

BS. This started when the younger Dallas started mouthing and waving bye to Mack Patterson on a strike out. Then he mouthed again on another strike out in the 7th. 

8 minutes ago, Duggs3617 said:

BS. This started when the younger Dallas started mouthing and waving bye to Mack Patterson on a strike out. Then he mouthed again on another strike out in the 7th. 

I think there was plenty going both ways.  I saw what you are talking about and big brother told him to play ball.  The team that battled hard but came up short will be rooting for the Stangs from here on out.  The better team tonight is moving on.  So should the "adults."

1 hour ago, fox said:

i am surprised several players were not ejected.

There was no reason to turn that into an ejection fest.  No one touched an opponent and all the players were out of the dugout.  To eject both teams (which is all you could do) would have been a cluster>|%~.  Umpires and coaches did a great job getting the situation under control quickly IMO.  

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

There was no reason to turn that into an ejection fest.  No one touched an opponent and all the players were out of the dugout.  To eject both teams (which is all you could do) would have been a cluster>|%~.  Umpires and coaches did a great job getting the situation under control quickly IMO.  

Any players who left the dugout or bench area should all be ejected except for those playing in the field at the time.  Umpire's job is to uphold the rules and they didn't do it.  Would you be okay with a judge doing the same? 

1 hour ago, RunninRebels said:

Any players who left the dugout or bench area should all be ejected except for those playing in the field at the time.  Umpire's job is to uphold the rules and they didn't do it.  Would you be okay with a judge doing the same? 

Mustangs were on defense. Wouldn't have changed the outcome. I can agree that if it's the rule then play by it. However, I'm glad none of the kids were ejected last night. 

12 hours ago, CLW321 said:

Me too! Orangefield were being sore losers trying to fight! They knew they were gonna lose before it started! #1game

The score was 2-0. Essentially won on a squeeze. Hits were even, errorless, clean game for both teams. Orangefield sure wasn't playing like they knew they were going to lose. 

9 minutes ago, LionsUp14 said:

The score was 2-0. Essentially won on a squeeze. Hits were even, errorless, clean game for both teams. Orangefield sure wasn't playing like they knew they were going to lose. 

Orangefield played a great game. Just as expected. Jack and Stubby threw great games. Proud of both of them. 

12 hours ago, Duggs3617 said:

No, not BS. This is what happens when friends play each other. Happened when I was in HS. One of my best friends played against me in soccer at LCM. Best friends, literally grew up with him. Before the game we would hug and talk about hanging out after the game. Whistle blows and we turn into bitter enemies, I mean even bloodied each other up during our games. After the final whistle, we hug again, say great game and then go hang out after. You see the point? When you are playing your friends, it gives you that much incentive to play even harder! Was never personal!!!

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Second time I've seen the gestures toward a team at the "end of the game".

Last week as well against Tarkington.

Might wanna get a hold of that.

Might wanna tell the other team not to dish it out if they can't take it. 

For the ones who have never played a sport or has no clue what they are talking about read this..... When you have a cross town rival playing to keep their dream alive and I might add playing better then they have all year long just chunk 15-18 year old young men and all that testosterone everyone is gonna talk. Both teams were bumping gums and I see nothing wrong with it at all. The better team won that game hands down and OF should hold there heads high because they did play one hell of a game. I have said it before and I will say it again I would put any of our 4 teams against any district in Texas and I bet we come out on top just about every time. Silsbee92   you might wanna worry about your 2:00 game today and maybe getting your dugout to show up because them BC boys are on fire. And to you Duggs posting on here is all good but leaving kids names out of it would probably be the best route to take. I usually just sit back and read all of this but today I just couldn't help the matter. Great job Mustangs, coaching staff , and Parents for this group of boys that are making great things happen. 

32 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I don't have any problem with any of it.  I just wondered if the same rules applied to baseball as in at least basketball.  

I meant Silsbee92 not you ST413 I corrected it. Sorry about that ....

20 hours ago, Duggs3617 said:

Nothing wrong with what Dallas did. Of is a little hurt and I can see why. Plus they were the ones starting the fight anyway. If you watch WOS. You are pretty used to it. WOS creates heartbreaks! Don't be mad because they're good! :)

13 hours ago, RunninRebels said:

12 hours ago, td said:

Mustangs were on defense. Wouldn't have changed the outcome. I can agree that if it's the rule then play by it. However, I'm glad none of the kids were ejected last night. 

Not exactly true.  Any Mustang players in the field who ran in (and therefore out of their positions) would have been likewise ejected under the "spirit of the rule."  But again, it was handled appropriately in my opinion, and was also much ado about nothing.  No kids got out of line in their actions and a hard fought game was completed.  Good for the umpires for keeping their heads in the ordeal.