Separation of Church and State?

baddog

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

The left and the right will unite & follow the RCC behind two false beliefs: sunday worship & the state of the dead.

Sunday is not in the bible, much less sunday worship. The idea that your loved ones go directly to heaven is not in the bible.  Speaking in unintelligible gibberish is not in the bible.  Latter day prophecy is in the bible.  If someone claims to be a prophet but they disavow the 7th day sabbath that person is not a true prophet.

Jesus, The Word, is lifted up in my church 99.9% of the time.  If the .01 % of Ellen White is a problem that's a personal issue. God speaks thru prophets.  He did in the past. He does now.  In revelation it says that the true church will keep the commandments of God, namely the 10 commandments and have the spirit of prophecy.  If a church does not keep all 10 commandments, including the 4th commandment and have the spirit of prophecy, true prophecy, something is wrong.

Left and Right won't mean anything one day!

12 minutes ago, six burg said:

When I was growing up I don't ever remember anyone having a hateful discussion over politics or politicians,  times have changed. 

My guess is that , when you were growing up, kids didn't have political discussions and didn't have time to listen to adults who were having them. I had zero interest in politics for the first 25 years of my life and most people I know tell me the same thing.

21 hours ago, Kountzer said:

The left and the right will unite & follow the RCC behind two false beliefs: sunday worship & the state of the dead.

Sunday is not in the bible, much less sunday worship. The idea that your loved ones go directly to heaven is not in the bible.  Speaking in unintelligible gibberish is not in the bible.  Latter day prophecy is in the bible.  If someone claims to be a prophet but they disavow the 7th day sabbath that person is not a true prophet.

Jesus, The Word, is lifted up in my church 99.9% of the time.  If the .01 % of Ellen White is a problem that's a personal issue. God speaks thru prophets.  He did in the past. He does now.  In revelation it says that the true church will keep the commandments of God, namely the 10 commandments and have the spirit of prophecy.  If a church does not keep all 10 commandments, including the 4th commandment and have the spirit of prophecy, true prophecy, something is wrong.

Kountzer, when you say "speaking in unintelligible gibberish is not in The Bible", are you referencing the gift of the Holy Spirit in First Corinthians, of speaking in tongues?  If so, I'm just curious how you justify that.  And understand, I'm not Pentacostal, or trying to start an argument.  Just seems strange to me.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Kountzer, when you say "speaking in unintelligible gibberish is not in The Bible", are you referencing the gift of the Holy Spirit in First Corinthians, of speaking in tongues?  If so, I'm just curious how you justify that.  And understand, I'm not Pentacostal, or trying to start an argument.  Just seems strange to me.

It is in there, I just didn't want to start that conversation.  Don't remember where the verse is or what it says exactly without looking it up.  It says something to the effect of "speaking in tongues as the spirit of God gave them the utterance." I don't know a lot about the LDS, but maybe they don't use the King James version.

The Jews at pentecost had come together.  They were spread out and many lived in other countries, and they spoke and understood other languages, italian, greek, french, whatever the case may have been.  The Holy Spirit allowed those diverse language groups to understand what was being said & for others to understand them.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Why would an all knowing, all powerful, very logical God, who is not the author of confusion as per the bible, use and promote unintelligible gibberish?  

I am not LDS.   I'm not sure what bible they use.  Do they allow blacks to become LDS these days?  That was an issue for them back in the day.  Maybe it has changed.

8 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

It is in there, I just didn't want to start that conversation.  Don't remember where the verse is or what it says exactly without looking it up.  It says something to the effect of "speaking in tongues as the spirit of God gave them the utterance." I don't know a lot about the LDS, but maybe they don't use the King James version.

Yes, 1st Corinthians, Chapter 11, I think (memory ain't what it use to be).  And like you, I'm not sure about which Bible, but it's been in all the ones I looked at.  One of the gifts 9 (?) gifts of the Holy Spirit.  And like I took I told Kountzer, i ask, not to argue, but to learn.  

Btw, he's Seventh Day Adventist, not LDS (Latter Day Saints - Mormoms).

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Yes, 1st Corinthians, Chapter 11, I think (memory ain't what it use to be).  And like you, I'm not sure about which Bible, but it's been in all the ones I looked at.  One of the gifts 9 (?) gifts of the Holy Spirit.  And like I took I told Kountzer, i ask, not to argue, but to learn.  

Btw, he's Seventh Day Adventist, not LDS (Latter Day Saints - Mormoms).

There goes that memory thing, and I'm quite a bit younger than you, lol.

8 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

The Jews at pentecost had come together.  They were spread out and many lived in other countries, and they spoke and understood other languages, italian, greek, french, whatever the case may have been.  The Holy Spirit allowed those diverse language groups to understand what was being said & for others to understand them.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Why would an all knowing, all powerful, very logical God, who is not the author of confusion as per the bible, use and promote unintelligible gibberish?  

I am not LDS.   I'm not sure what bible they use.  Do they allow blacks to become LDS these days?  That was an issue for them back in the day.  Maybe it has changed.

If I remember right, wasn't there suppose to be someone with the gift of interpretation there also, so he could relay the message?  Reason I ask, a kid, not Pentacostal, went to an alleged Pentacostal church, and she said they had some talking in an unknown tongue (or gibberish), and I ask her if anyone interpreted it, and she didn't think so.