Separation of Church and State?

baddog

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, nappyroots said:

Don't understand why the republicans think they are the party of christianity when they do many unchristian like things. especialy the current President. Having Jeff Sessions and Steve Bannon in the cabinet is one example. 

They are not against Christianity unlike the other party.  Everybody is a sinner.  some recognize that and some don't.

17 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

How can one be so holy and be pro life but support the death penalty...

Im as prolife as it gets im against both.

One can be for death as a punishment for a heinous crime committed. The unborn child has not been found guilty of any such act but receives the same sentence. There is no inconsistency or hypocrisy in that line of thinking. One can fully support the death penalty as a punishment without supporting the death penalty for someone that has never committed a crime.

27 minutes ago, Englebert said:

One can be for death as a punishment for a heinous crime committed. The unborn child has not been found guilty of any such act but receives the same sentence. There is no inconsistency or hypocrisy in that line of thinking. One can fully support the death penalty as a punishment without supporting the death penalty for someone that has never committed a crime.

Its hypocritical to claim abortion is wrong under Christian values but support murder. the Bible is pretty clear on Thou Shall not kill. Vengeance is mine.

19 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Its hypocritical to claim abortion is wrong under Christian values but support murder. the Bible is pretty clear on Thou Shall not kill. Vengeance is mine.

That's not what the Bible says...not the original text, anyway.

In the Hebrew, it's interpreted as "Thou shalt not take an innocent life".

Abortion is definitely taking an innocent life.  The death penalty for a horrendous crime is not...and it's not vengeance, it's justice.

Also, one can seek revenge without killing. Society's vengeance on criminals is usually jail time. Does this mean we should release all prisoners? Of course not. This is where the Bible gets misinterpreted. Sin does not equate with criminal acts.

11 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Abortion is definitely taking an innocent life.  The death penalty for a horrendous crime is not...and it's not vengeance, it's justice.

Really man you trying to change the commandments.

12 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Who decided murder is justice.

Do you trurly believe that's God will.

On 5/21/2017 at 6:20 AM, Kountzer said:

I am almost apolitical, believe it or not.  I do vote though.  I don't think there is a human solution to this country's problems, much less the world's problems.  So when you ask me if I am democrat or republican...I don't know.  I don't see much good in either.  

I know a lot of christian democrats, scores.  If you travel and visit adventist churches in conservative areas, like the woodlands, there are more republicans.  Most of them are focused on church and bible prophecy and will tell you basically the same thing from the right side of the ledger.

Can't see anybody who supports the murder and mutilation of a breathing baby a Christian. Does that sound crazy to anyone else?

3 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I'm very up with the Bible scripture debate is nothing new. All one can do is ask good for direction. From my understanding execution is not god will.

Were there not two men that were executed along side Jesus, the son of God?  If it were not his will, would this have taken place?  Don't believe your argument that this is against God's will is valid.

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Were there not two men that were executed along side Jesus, the son of God?  If it were not his will, would this have taken place?  Don't believe your argument that this is against God's will is valid.

Think about that real hard. 

On 5/20/2017 at 7:54 AM, stevenash said:

Can you tell me exactly who advocates TOTALLY doing away with separation of church and state?

The current Prez, most evangelical leaders and pastors, the roman catholic church for sure, most right wing republicans and quite a few liberal democrats as well.