Silsbee basketball 2017-18 Season

I see where these kids are really putting in a lot of work in the off season getting better. I have seen where all of them have been in the gym after school and in weekends working to get better. I see where Devin McCain is now 6'4 along with Jordyn Adams 6'4. Chris Martin seems to be pushing 6'1 and could peak out about 6'3. Bush is getting stronger and may grow a few more inches. Landon Tyler seems to have grown to over 6'0 as well. I expect Silsbee to be even hungrier next year and repeat as state champs. 

Looks to be another very solid group for sure. I do not think they will be as deep, but could be just as good, if not better! Bush, McCain, Adams, and Barnes seems like 4 of the top basketball players in 4a next season. I believe Chris Martin will have that 5th spot in the starting rotation. That group is scary good

20 hours ago, bradyb said:

Looks to be another very solid group for sure. I do not think they will be as deep, but could be just as good, if not better! Bush, McCain, Adams, and Barnes seems like 4 of the top basketball players in 4a next season. I believe Chris Martin will have that 5th spot in the starting rotation. That group is scary good

So 2 sophomores, 2 juniors, 1 senior. I like it. 

17 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Yep!!! Their bench will be good. I like Tyler, Thomas, and a freshman or 2. 

I think Landon Tyler just needs to be on the court more, and I'm sure he will be this coming season. I honestly think he would be one of the best if not the best player on most teams in our district. 

15 hours ago, TxHoops said:

FIFY

Definitely and I look for a breakout season out of Tyler he will have a bigger role this year. Plays good defense and solid offensively just had to wait his time out. If the kids accept the roles the coaches give them they will be find. I think that was a major reason We won last year when you have senior leadership like we had and they accepted the roles the coaches given them. It's tough to let underclassmen run the team and think with having Adams,McCain the year before and then you had Bush this year that's three underclassmen getting the attention. My hat goes off to the seniors cause they didn't hold them kids back they walked with them and said let's GO win it that's big time senior leadership IMO.

41 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Definitely and I look for a breakout season out of Tyler he will have a bigger role this year. Plays good defense and solid offensively just had to wait his time out. If the kids accept the roles the coaches give them they will be find. I think that was a major reason We won last year when you have senior leadership like we had and they accepted the roles the coaches given them. It's tough to let underclassmen run the team and think with having Adams,McCain the year before and then you had Bush this year that's three underclassmen getting the attention. My hat goes off to the seniors cause they didn't hold them kids back they walked with them and said let's GO win it that's big time senior leadership IMO.

One of the best things about Landyn.  He never complains, always has a smile on his face and plays his tail off.  He will always be a favorite of the coaches for any team he plays on because he's so easy to coach. 

• 2 weeks later...