Sheriff Clarke

baddog

31 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Another token?  There are those on here that say yes, because he does not adhere to the narrative of racism.  Isn't it funny that when a black individual will not toe the racism line, they are labeled tokens or Uncle Tom's.

Sadly, yes.

6 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Clarke called Eric Holder an SOB. 

That already vaults him to near to top of the spectrum for most people....... 

Moves him way up on my spectrum.  I've little regard for Holder.

2 minutes ago, new tobie said:

it always amazes me that in the entire united states you guys can find 4 or 5 black guys that don't play football or basketball that ya'll like

There you go again, generalizing and playing the race card.   How about Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas,Mia Love, Herman Cain, Allen West, Ben Carson, MIchael Steel, Thomas Sowell.  Of course, in your infinite wisdom and high degree of objectivity, you will undoubtedly classify all of these folks as tokens, right?

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

There you go again, generalizing and playing the race card.   How about Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas,Mia Love, Herman Cain, Allen West, Ben Carson, MIchael Steel, Thomas Sowell.  Of course, in your infinite wisdom and high degree of objectivity, you will undoubtedly classify all of these folks as tokens, right?

No but they all have one thing in common. I could have became mayor of lumberton by just running on hating Obama!

18 minutes ago, new tobie said:

it always amazes me that in the entire united states you guys can find 4 or 5 black guys that don't play football or basketball that ya'll like

It amazes me that there are so few blacks who will shake off the democratic yoke and free themselves from their masters.

13 hours ago, new tobie said:

You forgot baseball.

It is more like 4 or 5 million but they are silenced and not from the outside. 

14 hours ago, new tobie said:

I respect anyone who speaks their mind and doesn't mind offending a few along the way. This guy bothers you because he can get his message across without toting a sign and a molotav cocktail. You also don't like him because he is a cop. You also don't like him because he speaks the truth, something the left always seems to struggle with.

On 5/18/2017 at 0:04 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

can I get some comments ON THE VIDEOS ABOVE from our friends on the left?  As you read I mean "ON THE VIDEOS ABOVE" nothing else.

On 5/18/2017 at 10:35 PM, REBgp said:

It amazes me that there are so few blacks who will shake off the democratic yoke and free themselves from their masters.

On 5/18/2017 at 7:12 PM, BS Wildcats said:

Another token?  There are those on here that say yes, because he does not adhere to the narrative of racism.  Isn't it funny that when a black individual will not toe the racism line, they are labeled tokens or Uncle Tom's.

As I and others have stated time and time again ad nauseam black people, native african americans are not monolithic in their thinking.   There are maybe 40 million blacks in this country.  It is impossible to get that many people to think as one.  Some will go this way, some will go another.   It has been that way from the beginning.  Some wanted to run away, others wanted to stay on the plantation and kiss the master's rear end.  Malcolm X has a great talk on that topic.   

Me personally I listen to both sides, more than you think.  I do so because I know neither side has the complete answer.   In many respectss those on the right talk out of both sides of their mouths and so do those on the left.

As for blacks calling conservative blacks uncle tom, well, name calling is going to always be a factor.  It is like a white woman or man being called a  Ni@#r lover for going out with, or marrying someone black.  Perhaps I am generalizing but the 'uncle tom' comments here is just as much a generalization, if not more so.  People are so prone to claim some sort of  superiority just because  they can hide behind a computer screen and lob bombs all day long.  

4 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

As I and others have stated time and time again ad nauseam black people, native african americans are not monolithic in their thinking.   There are maybe 40 million blacks in this country.  It is impossible to get that many people to think as one.  Some will go this way, some will go another.   It has been that way from the beginning.  Some wanted to run away, others wanted to stay on the plantation and kiss the master's rear end.  Malcolm X has a great talk on that topic.   

Me personally I listen to both sides, more than you think.  I do so because I know neither side has the complete answer.   In many respectss those on the right talk out of both sides of their mouths and so do those on the left.

As for blacks calling conservative blacks uncle tom, well, name calling is going to always be a factor.  It is like a white woman or man being called a  Ni@#r lover for going out with, or marrying someone black.  Perhaps I am generalizing but the 'uncle tom' comments here is just as much a generalization, if not more so.  People are so prone to claim some sort of  superiority just because  they can hide behind a computer screen and lob bombs all day long.  

My post mentioned nothing of race.  Asked for comments from the left.  Yes there are blacks in the video.  But I wanted to see where the left stood on these individuals comments about there golden boy and golden boy side kick

On 5/18/2017 at 0:04 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

can I get some comments ON THE VIDEOS ABOVE from our friends on the left?  As you read I mean "ON THE VIDEOS ABOVE" nothing else.

MLK was attacked in every way possible.  Personally I don't see anything marxist in his speeches and writings.   He did notreach legendary status until he died.  While he was alive  he endured opposition from all sides, including the  U.S.  government.   J Edgar Hoover was almost constantly wire tapping and hiding in MLKs closet,  when he wasn't busy getting his freak on in his own closet.  J Edgar was a classic case of that.

9 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

My post mentioned nothing of race.  Asked for comments from the left.  Yes there are blacks in the video.  But I wanted to see where the left stood on these individuals comments about there golden boy and golden boy side kick

Most of those on the 'left' here are black.  Those on the other side are white.  There is a reason for that. Race issues in america are as constant as the air we breathe.