Boston Celtics

I really like the Celtics and I am excited for the future. However, no matter who they draft, they still won't be able to compete for a title. Cowherd said it best, "Trade the pick, get a grown man, a 19 year old kid ain't putting you over the Cav/Warriors hump. The NBA has been a drag this year, really the last couple years. When you already know, before the season stars, who will be in the Finals, it is hard to get in to. Consecutive sweeps and 40 point beat down in Conference Finals is not entertaining. Yeah, the actual Finals will be fun to watch, but having to wait 8 to 9 months for an already decided ending is not fun for me.

These Super Teams are bad for the sport. Maybe not bad for the players, because they will still get their money, and maybe not bad for TV, because some still watch, but it is bad for the fans. Fans that are not Cavs or Warriors fans. For me, Durant going to Golden State, put that feeling over the top for me. Before that move, there was still some intrigue in the West. Hell, OKC had them beat in the WCF last year. Now,  even the perennial power that is SA is a laughing stock compared to GS. Barring one of these players leaving their respective teams in free agency (why would they), Warriors/Cavs will almost certainly be the Finals matchup for the next 3 years, making it 5 years in a row. 

The Celtics could push the Cavs in the coming years, but not with the Fultz kid. They would need to land at least 2 big time guys in free agency (Butler,Hayward, George) to make that push. Without that happening the only way this Super Team Finals goes away is when LeBron retires, or some of those guys decide they have played in enough Finals and take more money to play on a lesser team.

• 3 months later...

Many kudos to Ainge and Brad Stevens for what has been done in the last couple of year.   They bring two relative unknowns(when they arrived in Boston) in Crowder and I. Thomas and both become highly desirable NBA players.  Ainge and Stevens also managed to play for the conference championship while owning several high draft picks.  Gotta call that very smart management.

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2017 at 0:37 PM, king said:

Cavs won the trade. 

Hmmm, looks like Boston Kyrie (who plays hard on both ends) has proven this incorrect.  I heard someone say the other day that whoever gets the best player wins the trade.  I’m starting to convert with this way of thinking.  Stevens is the best coach in the NBA whose last name doesn’t start with Pop and I apologize to Ainge for every time I’ve cussed him.  14 in a row and counting....withOUT their second best player who got hurt in the first quarter of the first game.  Celtics are ahead of where I thought they’d be. 

Kyrie drops 47 tonight on 16-22 shooting (5-7 from deep, 10-11 from the line) and adds 6 assists.  The Celts have now won 16 straight.  Scary to think how good they would be with Hayward (who fits perfectly in what they do).  One thing is for certain, Brown and Tatum are ahead of schedule.  Bron or no Bron, the Celtics look to be a team that is looking to rule the East for the foreseeable future.  

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Kyrie drops 47 tonight on 16-22 shooting (5-7 from deep, 10-11 from the line) and adds 6 assists.  The Celts have now won 16 straight.  Scary to think how good they would be with Hayward (who fits perfectly in what they do).  One thing is for certain, Brown and Tatum are ahead of schedule.  Bron or no Bron, the Celtics look to be a team that is looking to rule the East for the foreseeable future.  

Per MBG, How bout my Boston Celtics.  PM to ya.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, king said:

That new look Cavs team though..

They put a beat down on my Celtics yesterday for sure. For me, regardless if it was the pre-trade Cavs or post-trade Cavs, I am skeptical to believe the they are anything but the favorite to win the East. The Celtics are ahead of schedule. No Gordon. I have always figured LeBron and company would find a way to win the East this year. That said, the Celtics are about to run the East in the coming years, regardless of if LeBron stays or bolts to play with bigger stars. IMO, he will be a Cav or a Rocket.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 10:31 AM, Tigers2010 said:

They put a beat down on my Celtics yesterday for sure. For me, regardless if it was the pre-trade Cavs or post-trade Cavs, I am skeptical to believe the they are anything but the favorite to win the East. The Celtics are ahead of schedule. No Gordon. I have always figured LeBron and company would find a way to win the East this year. That said, the Celtics are about to run the East in the coming years, regardless of if LeBron stays or bolts to play with bigger stars. IMO, he will be a Cav or a Rocket.

Celtics outplayed the Rockets for 45 minutes tonight.  I was fortunate to have great seats for the game and was very impressed at where we are.   I think we have a great shot at getting to the finals this year.  And you are right.  We are ahead of schedule. Was there with an Indiana buddy of mine and if we can sneak into the lottery with the Lakers pick (if it’s drawn between 2-5) and can get a rim protector in Ayton or Bamba, look out.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nobody in the East is very good. If the Cavs gets bounced, it opens it up to everybody. Boston can best Philly with what they have. I wouldn't be shocked if they upset the Raptors. We all have seen Lowrey and DeRozan disappear. I don't think they will, but it's not as far of a stretch as some believe. They have the best young coach in the league. Tatum and Brown are future stars. I can't wait for them to be healthy. LeBron better head West, the East won't be his anymore.

• 2 weeks later...