Silsbee vs Bridge City

39 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Everybody on this board that DOESN'T live in Smoketown knows that Silsbee doesn't take 4 of 4 from the Cards this year.  3 out of five, maybe.... And that leaves the Tigres out.  

We're a young team and peaking at the right time.  

Not sure who that french team is...  but the Tigers will advance!!!

48 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Everybody on this board that DOESN'T live in Smoketown knows that Silsbee doesn't take 4 of 4 from the Cards this year.  3 out of five, maybe.... And that leaves the Tigres out.  

We're a young team and peaking at the right time.  

$500 says Silsbee wins this series. Bet?

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

We can all be honest here... the only reason why Silsbee is even ranked is because they beat us. 

When you you make the regional quarters 18 times in a row (and counting), THEN you can compare yourselves to us. 

Goodnight, Smoketown. 

This comment made me laugh .... must be a teenager from BC .... 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

We can all be honest here... the only reason why Silsbee is even ranked is because they beat us. 

When you you make the regional quarters 18 times in a row (and counting), THEN you can compare yourselves to us. 

Goodnight, Smoketown. 

Twice.... they beat y'all twice. Quite convincingly both times actually. That's not enough to compare themselves to y'all this year yet?

Goodnight, Smoketown. 

Money where your mouth is?

BC's bats have heated up.  But they will face better pitching than they have seen since district.  I have to pick against the OC team here.  The difference is pitching.  Silsbee has the deepest staff in the district imo.  And that is the one area where, unlike recent years, BC is weakest. 

Goodnight, Smoketown. 

Whoa! Pump the brakes a minute CardinalBacker. I'm as big a fan of BC baseball as anybody but I can't follow you on this one. First off you need to be careful you don't anger "The Great and Powerful Homer" because his wrath will be swift and all encompassing if you get my drift. On a more serious note you have to give respect where its due and Silsbee deserves that, they have a dang good squad. To make the claim that Silsbee is only ranked because they beat BC is comical to say the least and in no way near the truth. The simple truth is that this ultra young BC team has far exceeded their initial expectations. Nobody who was honest with themselves would have believed BC would be where they are right now and that's a testament to Coach Landry and the staff sticking to their program and making the most out of the young talent. Right now it's just time sit back and enjoy this run by the young Cards because the future is ridiculously bright. By all means Silsbee should be the prohibitive favorite in the series and they should be. Silsbee, along with the other schools in the district, should enjoy this brief opportunity to "kick em (BC) when they are down" because that doesn't happen very often and will happen even less in the coming years. This series, along with the OF vs WOS series is a tribute and testament to quality of baseball played in our district. Hopefully all the games will be as advertised and one of our teams makes it to Austin.

Prediction.........

My realistic judgement says Silsbee.

My heart says BC.

Enjoy it all!

Rake1