Matchups I would love to see

12 hours ago, biaplayer said:

im glad to see that everyone thinks RJ did this on his own. He is a freaking beast no doubt, but who is catching those passes, who is blocking for him come on. Keep sleeping on PNG, Riggs is coming back, heard hughes is moving to wide receiver, the lil Running back moved up to start. Defense  is always suspect and we all know this. Have to agree on Offense we are well coached as they come, Defense well that leaves me scratching my damn head every year! Special teams we do alright be it I hate the pooch kick lol. Im ready for some football how about yall. As for matchups well there is no dream matchup unless we could play WOS,NED, Memorial, Crosby, Manvel, And Dayton two times a season lol. Don't matter to me as long as there are games to watch!!

Well said sir

Ok Ill take the bait. I am going to say the ?'s first. We need to secure the blockers up front. We do have a couple coming back and a couple played in many games last season on varsity. Now to the meat and potatoes. We have Roschon. No one in our area can match him healthy. I am saying it first right here right now. We will be one of the fastest teams on offense in the long history of our school. Their wil be 3 track guys who ran in reigions on our offense. I am sorry 4 guys. The HB, QB, two WR's who are all very fast. They will be a great compliment for Roschon. Leading QB, RB, and WR all back from last year. People will be sick of hearing the name Preston next season. Now to the defense. Their was over 300 tackels graduated last season. I have kept a ear to the ground on this side of the ball. Last years standout Bost is back and he is a great one. We have a supposed stud moving up at the linebacker position from the 10th grade he is a tackeling machine. Their is two defensive linemen moving into starting roles who are very very big kids in the middle of the line. Yes our defense will be are weak spot, but according to the folks I know on the inside it may not be a weak spot very long next season. PNG may be in line for a very special season.  I believe that Port Arthur Memorial should and deservedly so be the favorites Hines should run his way into the tops in the state this season. I believe the Indians will contend with them for the DC. I am unsure about Nederland. I know all the talk of Barrows being Nueman even one fan saying he was what made Neuman. It will be when i=the game is on the line and Neuman made thoses gustty calls to win a game right at the end that noone knows if Barrows can do. Best of luck to all

9 hours ago, Yoe_09 said:

I would like to see a Cameron Vs. Newton/WO-S non-district game at a neutral location.  I want to see the best of the best going at it.  

Cameron Yoe vs WOS wouldn't be close. Yoe struggled to stop Woodville's rushing attack. They just were able to throw the ball on Woodville's secondary very well. They wouldn't be able to throw on the chain gang defense like that and WOS offense is good enough to outscore Yoe.

Yoe vs Newton would be a good game though. 

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:43 AM, prepballfan said:

Ok Ill take the bait. I am going to say the ?'s first. We need to secure the blockers up front. We do have a couple coming back and a couple played in many games last season on varsity. Now to the meat and potatoes. We have Roschon. No one in our area can match him healthy. I am saying it first right here right now. We will be one of the fastest teams on offense in the long history of our school. Their wil be 3 track guys who ran in reigions on our offense. I am sorry 4 guys. The HB, QB, two WR's who are all very fast. They will be a great compliment for Roschon. Leading QB, RB, and WR all back from last year. People will be sick of hearing the name Preston next season. Now to the defense. Their was over 300 tackels graduated last season. I have kept a ear to the ground on this side of the ball. Last years standout Bost is back and he is a great one. We have a supposed stud moving up at the linebacker position from the 10th grade he is a tackeling machine. Their is two defensive linemen moving into starting roles who are very very big kids in the middle of the line. Yes our defense will be are weak spot, but according to the folks I know on the inside it may not be a weak spot very long next season. PNG may be in line for a very special season.  I believe that Port Arthur Memorial should and deservedly so be the favorites Hines should run his way into the tops in the state this season. I believe the Indians will contend with them for the DC. I am unsure about Nederland. I know all the talk of Barrows being Nueman even one fan saying he was what made Neuman. It will be when i=the game is on the line and Neuman made thoses gustty calls to win a game right at the end that noone knows if Barrows can do. Best of luck to all

Pretty good post except I'm a football dad, basketball dad, volleyball dad, softball dad as well as a track dad.  I don't recall seeing any male Indians at Regionals in Humble except Keynel McZeal and he is a Senior and that was in the triple jump.  Here is the link for the Region 3 results if you don't believe me...

This is the hidden content, please

I think you meant Area which is still a great feat in itself...

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Pretty good post except I'm a football dad, basketball dad, volleyball dad, softball dad as well as a track dad.  I don't recall seeing any male Indians at Regionals in Humble except Keynel McZeal and he is a Senior and that was in the triple jump.  Here is the link for the Region 3 results if you don't believe me...

I think you meant Area which is still a great feat in itself...

And if they can get those track guys to convert to football guys. Track speed doesnt always translate to football.

14 minutes ago, Who-Knows? said:

And if they can get those track guys to convert to football guys. Track speed doesnt always translate to football.

Correct. Those track guys are in fact the Qb, Rb, and WRs already. We gone be aight. Riggs was at the tops of district in receiving in nearly all categories for a reason and the kid was the star soccer player. May not be fast enough to win a track meet but fast enough to run go routes and get behind every defense defense multiple times a game. Im sitting over here with the Aaron Rodgers "relax" vibe going. 

29 minutes ago, Who-Knows? said:

New sheriff in town.  I can only think of one guy on the Central varsity track team that didn't play football.  An actually he started out playing and quit this year for whatever reason.  All of the rest of them, including my boys, will probably tell you that football is their first love and that they run track mainly for conditioning purposes and to work on their football speed or that they were "voluntold" to do so by football staff.  I hadn't had this much optimism that a coach knows what to do with all that speed since Stowers left...

11 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

New sheriff in town.  I can only think of one guy on the Central varsity track team that didn't play football.  An actually he started out playing and quit this year for whatever reason.  All of the rest of them, including my boys, will probably tell you that football is their first love and that they run track mainly for conditioning purposes and to work on their football speed or that they were "voluntold" to do so by football staff.  I hadn't had this much optimism that a coach knows what to do with all that speed since Stowers left...

That should be every where. If you are a skill position guy you should have to run track for conditioning and speed purposes. but apparently you cant make them do it any more.

21 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Correct. Those track guys are in fact the Qb, Rb, and WRs already. We gone be aight. Riggs was at the tops of district in receiving in nearly all categories for a reason and the kid was the star soccer player. May not be fast enough to win a track meet but fast enough to run go routes and get behind every defense defense multiple times a game. Im sitting over here with the Aaron Rodgers "relax" vibe going. 

Yea, he did that.  Got behind us too, still haven't figured out how...

October 27th is when the Indians come to the Butch.  All I'm going to say is "Welcome to the Jungle" 

3 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Yea, he did that.  Got behind us too, still haven't figured out how...

October 27th is when the Indians come to the Butch.  All I'm going to say is "Welcome to the Jungle" 

That new coach seems like he is going to make things very interesting in 2017. Here's to hoping he lives up to his billing. I am definitely looking forward to that game.

3 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

That new coach seems like he is going to make things very interesting in 2017. Here's to hoping he lives up to his billing. I am definitely looking forward to that game.

Not sure how much the new coach can instill in his first year... but if he keeps workin at it they will be good for years to come!