Matchups I would love to see

On 5/20/2017 at 7:43 AM, ECBucFan said:

Dalhart vs. Brownsville

El Paso vs. WO-S.

Play a "home and away" 2 game series. 

Good lawd!! WOS vs. an El Paso team? Even if they met half way, WOS could play a team in Georgia and El Paso could play a game in California and it would be a closer trip! Lol!!! Orange to El Paso. 857 miles.......

On 5/22/2017 at 5:40 AM, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I had to check their record before I said that, because I know they're a way bigger school than us. But after a little info gathering.......my confidence level is extremely high that Woodville would handle them fairly easily. Lol

At a glance I thought you were crazy thinking Woodville could beat Shoemaker, but yeah after seeing their records over the past few years, there's no doubt Woodville could handle em.

On 5/27/2017 at 1:31 PM, longball24 said:

I understand but for a community with low self esteem, this is a good start coaches sound willing to up the game . Maybe central can get on the schedule next round.

On 5/20/2017 at 8:16 AM, TradenupBH said:

Not being funny, which community are you referring to with low self esteem?  Atlanta?

The scrimmage or game against Central, not going to happen.

Come on now jag a friendly scrimmage would not hurt anyone. Woodville should improve over the next couple of years. They are a young team that doesn't know they aren't supposed to compete with good schools with good athletes. I think they will surprise some folks with the number of kids they sign to play football in the next 2 years 

On 5/28/2017 at 1:18 PM, kicker said:

My "bucket list" of teams I've always wanted WOS to play has been fulfilled the past few years(Cuero, Sinton, Celina and Sweet Water) Now to find some others. Stephenville and Brownwood maybe? 

Those would be classic offense vs defense games. Not saying that WOS doesn't have a high powered offense or Ville or BW don't play defense, but they are known as defensive and offensive teams respectively. Give me defense in big games. Ville has really feel off over the last couple of years. I remember when they dropped down in 2012, and ran roughshod over pretty much everybody that year. They had so much success for so long in the old 4a, and then dropped down and won a title the 1st year. I thought they would continue that dominance. But it didn't happen. They kind of feel back in the pack with a bunch of contenders after those 1st couple years. A lot of people kinda dismiss 4a (old 3a), but we have some awesome programs that can compete with anybody. Look at Carthage, WOS, and Gilmer. They all 3 beat teams 2-3 times their enrollment all the time. Even before it was split divisions the upper limit of 4a (old 3a) was over 1000 kids. Heck Carthage is the biggest of the 3 I named at 754. Gilmer has 685 and heck WOS has only 580 kids. Look at the top of the division in 4a before the split. You have teams like Kilgore at 1,065, Chapel Hill at 1,082, El Campo, Abilene Wylie, Ville all right at 1,000 kids. That's a big difference based on percentages. Heck WOS rolled Kennedale this year, and they have an enrollment double WOS (1,028). That's not even mentioning the teams those programs play and beat in 5a every year. Just goes to show you when these teams drop down in classification doesn't mean they are going to beat up on everybody. Enrollment does make a difference, but it's not everything. 

4 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Those would be classic offense vs defense games. Not saying that WOS doesn't have a high powered offense or Ville or BW don't play defense, but they are known as defensive and offensive teams respectively. Give me defense in big games. Ville has really feel off over the last couple of years. I remember when they dropped down in 2012, and ran roughshod over pretty much everybody that year. They had so much success for so long in the old 4a, and then dropped down and won a title the 1st year. I thought they would continue that dominance. But it didn't happen. They kind of feel back in the pack with a bunch of contenders after those 1st couple years. A lot of people kinda dismiss 4a (old 3a), but we have some awesome programs that can compete with anybody. Look at Carthage, WOS, and Gilmer. They all 3 beat teams 2-3 times their enrollment all the time. Even before it was split divisions the upper limit of 4a (old 3a) was over 1000 kids. Heck Carthage is the biggest of the 3 I named at 754. Gilmer has 685 and heck WOS has only 580 kids. Look at the top of the division in 4a before the split. You have teams like Kilgore at 1,065, Chapel Hill at 1,082, El Campo, Abilene Wylie, Ville all right at 1,000 kids. That's a big difference based on percentages. Heck WOS rolled Kennedale this year, and they have an enrollment double WOS (1,028). That's not even mentioning the teams those programs play and beat in 5a every year. Just goes to show you when these teams drop down in classification doesn't mean they are going to beat up on everybody. Enrollment does make a difference, but it's not everything. 

Exactly, when we dropped(03, I believe) we were preseason #1. We lose our first game to #2 Jasper, make a good run after that, then get bounced in the first round against Huffman Hargrave. Just goes to show that dropping down doesn't guarantee you success.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, longball24 said:

Come on now jag a friendly scrimmage would not hurt anyone. Woodville should improve over the next couple of years. They are a young team that doesn't know they aren't supposed to compete with good schools with good athletes. I think they will surprise some folks with the number of kids they sign to play football in the next 2 years 

Atlanta is a 4A school that is 237 miles from Central.  Not going to happen.  The only schools I'd hope our coaching staff would consider putting on the schedule is WO-S and maybe Silsbee.  Other than that, it is usually 6A schools from scrimmages and non-district games.