WO-S looking for a 10th game this year

WOSgrad

On 5/14/2017 at 6:05 PM, WOSgrad said:

West Orange-Stark will not be playing Houston KIPP Northeast in 2017.  Currently, the Week 4 (Sept. 22) date is an open date and WO-S is looking for an away game, although they will do a home game.

If anyone knows of an area team willing to step up, post it here and I'll pass word on to Coach Thompson.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, has WOS found a game yet? I suggested in an earlier post that HISD Houston Washington

is available week 4. Any news??

45 minutes ago, txprepfan said:

Getting back to the topic of this thread, has WOS found a game yet? I suggested in an earlier post that HISD Houston Washington

I passed on your info to Coach Thompson, but I have not heard anything yet on the results.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:56 AM, txprepfan said:

I would love to this see this game take place. My husband is a Houston Washington alumni who has been a WOS fan for over 20 years. I want to see which team he would pull for lol. 

34 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I would love to this see this game take place. My husband is a Houston Washington alumni who has been a WOS fan for over 20 years. I want to see which team he would pull for lol. 

That's funny, probably which ever one your pulling for, secretly.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Deep down inside you prolly don't!

Please. My reasons are that I want to see one the nations best QBs take on one of the states best defenses.Yes I do. These games give my brother the boost and competition closer to what he see when you are watching him on Saturdays in 2019. Again, please. These games to me are dress rehearsals for whatever school he committs to. Again these are my reasons,

Roschons reasons He- used to go back and forth with this group of WO-S kids when they were younger. They beat us. We beat them. He truly cares about beating the best.

I have a shirt with him stiff arming a WOS kid to the groud when they finally beat them 12-6. I want to see how he could compare against a premiere defense since its all he can expect in 2 years.

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Please. My reasons are that I want to see "one the nations best QBs" take on one of the states best defenses.Yes I do. These games give my brother the boost and competition closer to what he see when you are watching him on Saturdays in 2019. Again, please. These games to me are dress rehearsals for whatever school he committs to. Again these are my reasons,

Roschons reasons He- used to go back and forth with this group of WO-S kids when they were younger. They beat us. We beat them. He truly cares about beating the best.

I have a shirt with him stiff arming a WOS kid to the groud when they finally beat them 12-6. I want to see how he could compare against a premiere defense since its all he can expect in 2 years.

??

33 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

I was told that  Houston KIPP Northeast is back on the sch. 

I tried to get the athletic secretary to see if they found a 10th game, but I think she took the week off.  I'll check again on Monday.

2 hours ago, txprepfan said:

Any news ??

The WO-S/KIPP Northeast game is back on for Sept. 22nd.  Not sure if it is in West Orange or Houston.

That news is from an unofficial, yet very reliable source close to the Mustang program.

It seems that the game may never have been off to begin with.  The confusion stemmed from West Orange-Stark officials seeing that KIPP Northeast had put word out that there was an opening for a game on Sept. 22nd, which prompted a call from WO-S to KIPP about what was going on.  Until that call was made, though, WO-S was showing Sept. 22 as an open date due to the information it had seen.  Coach Thompson and the KIPP coach were finally able to talk about it and agreed (again) to the game on Sept. 22.

5 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

The WO-S/KIPP Northeast game is back on for Sept. 22nd.  Not sure if it is in West Orange or Houston.

That news is from an unofficial, yet very reliable source close to the Mustang program.

It seems that the game may never have been off to begin with.  The confusion stemmed from West Orange-Stark officials seeing that KIPP Northeast had put word out that there was an opening for a game on Sept. 22nd, which prompted a call from WO-S to KIPP about what was going on.  Until that call was made, though, WO-S was showing Sept. 22 as an open date due to the information it had seen.  Coach Thompson and the KIPP coach were finally able to talk about it and agreed (again) to the game on Sept. 22.

Thanks for the info. Hoping they are playing here in Houston since it was at WOS last year. I know it probably won't be a very close

game but would like to see the Mustangs here in H-Town. If you hear anything else please post here.  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, txprepfan said:

Thanks for the info. Hoping they are playing here in Houston since it was at WOS last year. I know it probably won't be a very close

game but would like to see the Mustangs here in H-Town. If you hear anything else please post here.  Thanks again.

It will be in Orange...per coach T several weeks ago.