WO-S looking for a 10th game this year

WOSgrad

West Orange-Stark will not be playing Houston KIPP Northeast in 2017.  Currently, the Week 4 (Sept. 22) date is an open date and WO-S is looking for an away game, although they will do a home game.

If anyone knows of an area team willing to step up, post it here and I'll pass word on to Coach Thompson.

5 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I would have liked the Central-WO-S series to continue as well but the relationship between Thompson and Foreman had been "contentious" as the two had vied to replace Coach Hooks when he retired.

Well maybe after this next realignment, since Foreman is gone, YOU can help get it back on the schedule...:)

1 hour ago, LCM17 said:

WOS is playing  kennedale im sure Coach Thompson would meet y'all somewhere in between.

If there wasn't much quality competition in east texas, I'm sure Surratt would be up for it but luckily we don't have to travel far at all to get tested. I would love to see that game. I've always thought the D1 champ should play the D2 champ to start out the new season.

11 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I would love to have the Mustangs on the schedule.  I'd prefer to play them over Katy Thompkins (6A).  The Mustangs were on our schedule not to long ago but I was told that Coach Thompson didn't want to continue playing Central for some strange reason...

It may be cool to play now...  Since the coaching has changed...they last time we played them...  Well, never mind...

4 hours ago, ctown81 said:

If there wasn't much quality competition in east texas, I'm sure Surratt would be up for it but luckily we don't have to travel far at all to get tested. I would love to see that game. I've always thought the D1 champ should play the D2 champ to start out the new season.

i would like to see that game as well.  I know that Coach Thompson was looking up teams last year.  But I think they had all filled up their dance cards.  Although word has it that Kilgore turned WO-S down even though they had a date open.

10 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Well maybe after this next realignment, since Foreman is gone, YOU can help get it back on the schedule...:)

Hopefully, but Central's schedule if 22-5A has 9 teams and it being tethered by the Beaumont Bowl will make it a bit difficult.

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Hopefully, but Central's schedule if 22-5A has 9 teams and it being tethered by the Beaumont Bowl will make it a big difficult.

With 5A going to the D1 and D2 split like the smaller classifications, I doubt we will have 9 teams in our district...

2 hours ago, MBaller#1 said:

Well I keep hearing some people from PA Memorial saying that Wo-s needs to play them because a few people think that memorial might be the best team in setx.

Coach Harrison should have the number to Coach Thompson's office.  If not, he has mine, he can call and get it.

11 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Coach Harrison should have the number to Coach Thompson's office.  If not, he has mine, he can call and get it.

A school that's on the bubble of being back in 6A or at least on the big side of 5A after the next realignment, I just don't see it.  They have the same kind of athletes and talent.  In my opinion, if for no other reason, PA wins because of depth. 

53 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

Just getting tired of a few people (barbershop talk) saying everyone in the area besides district is running from the titans and don't want to play them 

My thinking is what does WO-S have to prove to anyone?  Nothing. What does Coach Thompson and the Stangs have to gain out of playing the Titans?  Absolutely nothing.  I don't see it happening.  If they are still not satisfied, tell them to look at the hardware (rings, trophy, etc.) from the last 2 state titles.  I don't recall what WO-S attendance numbers were at the last enrollment but I would say they are around a third of what PA-M is (2,098).  Tell them in the barbershop that whenever the Titans collect a ring in 5A or 6A, then you all can talk. ...