Evadale vs Thorndale

The Evadale Rebels will take on the  Thorndale Bulldogs in the regional quarter-final round.  Thorndale is the district 27-2A champion, and was ranked 3rd in the last THSB poll.  There are no common opponents.  All three games will be at Reckling Park on the campus of Rice University.  Game 1 will be Friday at 7:30 PM, game 2 on Saturday at 3.  Game 3 (if needed) will follow 30 minutes after the conclusion of game 2.  Go Rebs!!!!

11 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Best of luck to Evadale but I'm taking Thorndale 

In no way do you have to answer, just curious why you have Thorndale?  Do you have some knowledge about their team that leads you to believe they have it?  Again, just curious about the pick. The boys are playing well, and relish the underdog status.  I know they're going to put the work in this week, and Coach Williams & Luna will have them ready.

Found this interesting from the THSB pre-season forecasts:

Region IV Top 10 2A Teams
1. Weimar – 9 starters return from a 16-8 Area Finalist Team
2. Refugio – 6 starters return from 26-3 Regional Semi-Finalist Team
3. Thorndale – 8 players return from a 22-8-1 Regional Quarter-Finalist Team
4. Evadale – 6 Players return from 19-6 Area Finalist Team
5. Center Point – 8 players return from 19-7 Regional Quarter-Finalist Team
6. Charlotte – 7 players return from 21-5 Area Finalist Team
7. Flatonia – 5 players return from 29-6 State Champion Team
8. Big Sandy – 4 Starters return from a 28-7-1 Regional Finalist Team
9. Burton – 8 teams return from 13-11 Bi-District Finalist Team
10. Harper – 5 starters return from 17-8-1 Area Finalist team.

Into the Regional Quarter-Final Round, there are eight (8) teams remaining.  THSB did a pretty good job on their pre-season predictions:

Refugio - #1 (THSBCA) / #2 (THSB)

Thorndale - #3 (THSB)

Big Sandy - #4 (THSBCA) / #6 (THSB)

Evadale - #14 (THSB)

Center Point

Flatonia

The only two (2) not predicted, but still in it were:

Mason

Ozona

I just went back and looked at THSB & THSBCA and neither one of them have Thorndale ranked in the top 10 as of their last polls. I've looked at who they have played and I believe they have had a district like our Rebels! So they are probably about even with us! I would like to find out more about their pitching though!

18 minutes ago, 24/7Fun said:

I just went back and looked at THSB & THSBCA and neither one of them have Thorndale ranked in the top 10 as of their last polls. I've looked at who they have played and I believe they have had a district like our Rebels! So they are probably about even with us! I would like to find out more about their pitching though!

Look at their runs allowed and that gives a pretty good indication of pitching and defense.

Great news, if you will be unable to attend, but you would like to listen to the games, the series will be broadcast.  You can listen on:

This is the hidden content, please

Click on listen live in the top left corner, and click on Listen Live in the middle
of the next menu.

Looking forward to a great series in a beautiful venue.  Let's go Rebs!!!!!

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

This just in..........

Stand by - we have breaking news........

"Yes, I am being told it IS officially game day for the Evadale Rebels. You are going to want to stay tuned to this site, as SETX Sports will have exclusive updates as they develop."

Good luck Rebs, bring them H.E. double hockey sticks!!

whos pitching for Evadale?

Haven't talked to the coach specifically - but I'm guessing we're staying with our regular rotation.  Daniel - game 1 / Parker - game 2, and Alex & Tyler in relief and on stand-by for game 3.  But you never know - Coach Williams could always throw a curve and switch things up.