West Orange Stark vs Orangefield

32 minutes ago, whoisatfirst said:

Hearing this will be a one gamer, OF won toss.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Does OF really think their best shot is beating Jack Dallas in 1 game? Dude is the best pitcher in this area. Not sure what Erickson is thinking on that one. 

3 minutes ago, Duggs3617 said:

That doesn't make any sense to me. Does OF really think their best shot is beating Jack Dallas in 1 game? Dude is the best pitcher in this area. Not sure what Erickson is thinking on that one. 

When they have already lost to our #2 and #3 and we haven't seen their #1 either, it's probably their best strategy.

2 hours ago, td said:

When they have already lost to our #2 and #3 and we haven't seen their #1 either, it's probably their best strategy.

Exactly.  I'm no baseball expert but this is exactly what I would have done.  Stubbs vs JD, one game, let the chips fall.  Although I agree Jack is one of, if not the best in the area, WOS staff is deeper imo.  Stubbs is easily OF's best arm so I believe this is their best chance. 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Exactly.  I'm no baseball expert but this is exactly what I would have done.  Stubbs vs JD, one game, let the chips fall.  Although I agree Jack is one of, if not the best in the area, WOS staff is deeper imo.  Stubbs is easily OF's best arm so I believe this is their best chance. 

Don't forget about Mason, he's been throwing great also!

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was told Lamar did not want to host three straight days. Did not have enough workers to cover all three days. It is why BC/Silsbee are not playing Friday night. Was told Lamar is hosting some softball gig on Friday night.

That may be correct. I was told it was for other reasons but nonetheless looks like Lamar is out of the question. Hopefully PNG will be settled on unless another game is already scheduled.

37 minutes ago, kicker said:

Don't forget about Mason, he's been throwing great also!

Yes he has.  But it's a pretty big drop off after Gonzales.  And he has really come on in the playoffs.  Still, over the course of a potential 3 game series, I would take my chance in a 1 vs 1.  You wouldn't take OF in a sweep, would you?

44 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

PNG plays BH in PNG friday night.. 

Did PNG get our permission to use their field Friday night??  And will they have concessions?  Must be nice to have enough money you don't need more!  They could have easily made several thousand last weekend between the BC game and OF/HJ games.   At least let the poorer schools come in and profit if you're not going to use it!