HF BASEBALL COACH/Jeremy Seymour named Head Coach

Baseball was relevant during Pratt and Landry years. I see this as a great opportunity for any new coach to come in and revamp the program. We have had great talent come through over the years. 

Lynch, Elliott, Elizondo, Law, Cuniff, Johnson, Neal come to mind. 

Give it time...admin does need to get on board with full support on this hire. 

Good luck Horns! 

19 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I know people that live in the community and I know people from that town.  I know more about it than you think.  And to be honest I have no idea what you're referring to by saying "when I was a kid...".

I just HF has had good coaches in the past...and blame them in a bad way when their kids don't succeed.  There's one common denominator every single time.  And it's HF players and/or parents.  Maybe stop looking so hard at the coach.  Just a thought.

the whole "macho old man argument" that was thrown out during the investigation of the incident about how soft kids are today, and how "when I was a kid our coach made us...".  if you know people in the community who know about what happened, then you must have a really strong explanation about how three kids simultaneously came down with a rare, muscle-eating disease caused exclusively from excessive workouts, and how it definitely had nothing to do with the extreme workouts (without proper access to water) that the athletes were subjected to several days in a row.  your dismissal (and misinformed characterization of the events) of what happened to those athletes based on "knowing people from the community" destroys any credibility your argument had. 

11 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

the whole "macho old man argument" that was thrown out during the investigation of the incident about how soft kids are today, and how "when I was a kid our coach made us...".  if you know people in the community who know about what happened, then you must have a really strong explanation about how three kids simultaneously came down with a rare disease caused exclusively from excessive workouts, and how it definitely had nothing to do with the extreme workouts (without proper access to water) that the athletes were subjected to several days in a row.  your dismissal (and misinformed characterization of the events) of what happened to those athletes based on "knowing people from the community" destroys any credibility your argument had. 

That's the part I wasn't sure about.

And yeah I know about it.  I also know that no charges were filed and the coach wasn't prevented from coaching after.  Which in some ways destroys any credibility YOUR argument had.  And that "rare" disease from excessive working out is just a made up thing for doctors and Big Pharma to make more money.  Not a single symptom related to that "disease" is any different than any single athlete on the face of the planet (during any era) hasn't experienced when dehydrated, out of shape, malnutritioned, or sleep deprived.  So..

Anyway.  HF is looking for a new baseball coach.  Shocker.  The last coach was a good one..but is leaving?  Shocker.

well this thread went sideways! Here's what I know. HF is not looking for a new Baseball coach, they found one. The guy leaving, I don't know him. Maybe he is/was a good coach. I know that 265+ wins doesn't drop the mic on the debate. That could mean you are a .500 guy with lots of years accumulated. But maybe something is there that it lasted 1 year. Good luck to Davis wherever he shows up next year. And good luck to the "New Guy" and the HF program. They have some nice talent over there that deserves good coaching...just like every kid deserves!

No, I don't have a kid in HF schools. But I know talent with the eyeball test and I know that the "New Guy" knows the game, is a great coach and is well liked by the kids that he has coached. 

8 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

That's the part I wasn't sure about.

And yeah I know about it.  I also know that no charges were filed and the coach wasn't prevented from coaching after.  Which in some ways destroys any credibility YOUR argument had.  And that "rare" disease from excessive working out is just a made up thing for doctors and Big Pharma to make more money.  Not a single symptom related to that "disease" is any different than any single athlete on the face of the planet (during any era) hasn't experienced when dehydrated, out of shape, malnutritioned, or sleep deprived.  So..

Anyway.  HF is looking for a new baseball coach.  Shocker.  The last coach was a good one..but is leaving?  Shocker.

It's a made up disease?  Time to take off your tinfoil hat.  I know the kid who spent a week in the hospital from the "made up" disease.  While big pharmacy was making this disease up, how did they get into his body and turn his pee the color of coffee? I've been tired, out of shape, sleep deprived, and  dehydrated, many times, and I never went through anything like the symptoms that he (and apparently every other athlete, according to you) experienced.  sounds like you're quite the expert.  Ive got this weird rash that I need to swing buy and let you diagnose for me.   As for the coach, you're right, he wasn't charged.  It's a double standard.  If I punished my son by making him exercise until he had to be put in the ICU do you think it would work out the same way for me?  

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

It's a made up disease?  Time to take off your tinfoil hat.  I know the kid who spent a week in the hospital from the "made up" disease.  While big pharmacy was making this disease up, how did they get into his body and turn his pee the color of coffee? I've been tired, out of shape, sleep deprived, and  dehydrated, many times, and I never went through anything like the symptoms that he (and apparently every other athlete, according to you) experienced.  sounds like you're quite the expert.  Ive got this weird rash that I need to swing buy and let you diagnose for me.   As for the coach, you're right, he wasn't charged.  It's a double standard.  If I punished my son by making him exercise until he had to be put in the ICU do you think it would work out the same way for me?  

Are you talking about rhabdomyolsis?  Because...yeah..  Maybe you should look at the symptoms.  Based on everything I've ever read or heard about that "disease"... I've had it,  several ex teammates have had it,  my kids had it, their friends had it, ...yep.  Pretty much all the athletes I've ever known have had things like: abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting, fever, rapid heart rate, confusion, ... oh, the horror.  If you think back far enough..you'll probably find that you also had the symptoms of rhabdomyolsis.  Maybe your coach should've been investigated too!

But no worries.  According to the CDC rhabdomyolsis is completely reversible and you can expect a full recovery with prompt treatment.  And by treatment they mean being admitted to the hospital and recieving "Treatment with intravenous (IV) fluids." Now why would that help?...maybe because people that get that horrible disease are dehydrated and/or malnutritioned... hmm..now that's a thinker. Sounds like a pretty good excuse to charge someone a few days stay at the hospital to me.

And by the way:

"

What causes dark urine?
Ideally, your urine would be a pale yellow color. ... Dark urine is most commonly due to dehydration.  "

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Are you talking about rhabdomyolsis?  Because...yeah..  Maybe you should look at the symptoms.  Based on everything I've ever read or heard about that "disease"... I've had it,  several ex teammates have had it,  my kids had it, their friends had it, ...yep.  Pretty much all the athletes I've ever known have had things like: abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting, fever, rapid heart rate, confusion, ... oh, the horror.  If you think back far enough..you'll probably find that you also had the symptoms of rhabdomyolsis.  Maybe your coach should've been investigated too!

But no worries.  According to the CDC rhabdomyolsis is completely reversible and you can expect a full recovery with prompt treatment.  And by treatment they mean being admitted to the hospital and recieving "Treatment with intravenous (IV) fluids." Now why would that help?...maybe because people that get that horrible disease are dehydrated and/or malnutritioned... hmm..now that's a thinker. Sounds like a pretty good excuse to charge someone a few days stay at the hospital to me.

And by the way:

"

What causes dark urine?
Ideally, your urine would be a pale yellow color. ... Dark urine is most commonly due to dehydration.  "

Hahaha, got'em

5 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

And by the way:

"

What causes dark urine?

meningitis and the flu share several symptoms, does that mean they're the same thing?  The most common cause of a headache is sinus pressure, but a headache can still be caused by a brain tumor.  Either you're too dumb to comprehend what you're reading, or you're intentionally misinterpreting it.  I'm leaning towards both. 

Symptoms of dehydration... does it say anything about dark brown/reddish urine there?  what about compartment syndrome?  No?  okay, just making sure.

• Increased thirst.
  • Dry mouth.
  • Tired or sleepy.
  • Decreased urine output.
  • Urine is low volume and more yellowish than normal.
  • Headache.
  • Dry skin.
  • Dizziness

This is the hidden content, please

When talking about dark urine in relation to dehydration, we all have been there.  It's a dark yellow rather than the clear color it should be.  But I challenge anyone to lie and say that they pissed this color when they were dehydrated.  I saw a picture of a container of urine from the kid from HF when he was in the hospital, and it was darker than this.  But yeah, definitely he was just dehydrated from being so soft.

39 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

meningitis and the flu share several symptoms, does that mean they're the same thing?  The most common cause of a headache is sinus pressure, but a headache can still be caused by a brain tumor.  Either you're too dumb to comprehend what you're reading, or you're intentionally misinterpreting it.  I'm leaning towards both. 

Symptoms of dehydration... does it say anything about dark brown/reddish urine there?  what about compartment syndrome?  No?  okay, just making sure.

• Increased thirst.
  • Dry mouth.
  • Tired or sleepy.
  • Decreased urine output.
  • Urine is low volume and more yellowish than normal.
  • Headache.
  • Dry skin.
  • Dizziness

No matter what you say, if the "excessive" running/punishment would've truly been the cause of any of the athlete's to be in real danger, then the investigation would've resulted in some kind of negative consequence.  And it didn't.  That's really all that matters.  If the coach would've truly been the reason the kids ended up in the hospital this would've been national news.  And he likely would never coach again...minimum.  Not to mention charges being brought on him.

And yes..by the way..I know about compartment syndrome as well.  Common after INJURIES.  Almost 75% of the time it happens after a fracture or broken bone.  Come to think of it...please tell me they weren't under the care of a hospital in Beaumont...  If that's the case then ALL credibility is gone.  I wouldn't walk into a hospital in Beaumont to ask for directions based on the stories I've heard from first hand experiences. 

26 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I thought this was about HF baseball coach

That's exactly what it's about.  In fact, it's about HF getting a new baseball coach.  I just mentioned that this is a cycle that will continue for quite sometime.  Because HF (for years to come) will be that one school...that had a police investigation on the AD because of "excessive running".  An endevor brought on by parents and board members.  And now here we are...needing a new baseball coach after 1 year.  It's relevant.  

11 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I thought this was about HF baseball coach

Yeah, I didn't know we were going to med school today.

So let's try to get this back on track, with a couple of things.

1.  Do we even know that Coach Davis will not be back at Hamshire-Fannett next year?  I would certainly hope that all of this ruckus is not being made over a coach that isn't going anywhere!

2.  Coach Davis, a good coach?  Yes.  Bad coaches don't win over 260 games in their career.  The predistrict winning percentage for the Longhorn's pre-district was .642.  H-F's misfortune in district was not due to a poorly coached team, but the fact that they shared a district with three teams in 4A's Top 20 ( 2 in the top 10 for most of the season) and a 4th team that probably should have been in it.

Now I hope that biology class is closed so we can talk about baseball.  I mean, after all, it is the freaking playoff season!

45 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

No matter what you say, if the "excessive" running/punishment would've truly been the cause of any of the athlete's to be in real danger, then the investigation would've resulted in some kind of negative consequence.  And it didn't.  That's really all that matters.  If the coach would've truly been the reason the kids ended up in the hospital this would've been national news.  And he likely would never coach again...minimum.  Not to mention charges being brought on him.

And yes..by the way..I know about compartment syndrome as well.  Common after INJURIES.  Almost 75% of the time it happens after a fracture or broken bone.  Come to think of it...please tell me they weren't under the care of a hospital in Beaumont...  If that's the case then ALL credibility is gone.  I wouldn't walk into a hospital in Beaumont to ask for directions based on the stories I've heard from first hand experiences. 

man, you're an expert on everything, including southeast texas hospitals?  but to answer your question, no, they weren't, at least not the most severe cases.  when the child I knew went to the hospital in Beaumont they wouldn't touch him, sent him straight to Houston due to the seriousness of the issue.  but yeah, I'm sure it was just a little dehydration. 

19 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Yeah, I didn't know we were going to med school today.

So let's try to get this back on track, with a couple of things.

1.  Do we even know that Coach Davis will not be back at Hamshire-Fannett next year?  I would certainly hope that all of this ruckus is not being made over a coach that isn't going anywhere!

2.  Coach Davis, a good coach?  Yes.  Bad coaches don't win over 260 games in their career.  The predistrict winning percentage for the Longhorn's pre-district was .642.  H-F's misfortune in district was not due to a poorly coached team, but the fact that they shared a district with three teams in 4A's Top 20 ( 2 in the top 10 for most of the season) and a 4th team that probably should have been in it.

Now I hope that biology class is closed so we can talk about baseball.  I mean, after all, it is the freaking playoff season!

sorry, WOS.  when someone insinuates that the district not only can't keep coaches, but doesn't deserve them because of an incident taking place at that school, it becomes relevant. when that person clearly has no idea about what actually happened, or any clue about the illness or why it was caused, I'm not letting it slide... especially when a family friend was involved, and I know ALL about what happened.  This fool gets on here and hates everything southeast texas, and craps on pretty much every program at every school if he can find even the slightest reason to.  it gets old.  it became relevant because he's blaming that incident on HF losing this baseball coach (even though the coach came in after it happened). 

As for the rest of your post: I won't comment as to the quality of the coach, but I will comment on the pre-district .642 winning percentage.  They won 9 games before district: Two wins against central, one against ozen, one against PAM, and 4 against schools in lower classifications.  Their one 4A win was against 7-15 liberty. For what that's worth...

I know that HF is in a very tough district, but they have enough talent over there to make things at least a little interesting.