Cubs GM, Hoyer Uses New Concept

Just watched a 60 Minutes segment on how the Cubs turned things around.  Very interesting.  They said the GM, Jed Hoyer, acquired in 2011, looked to build the team getting young players in the draft.  What he focused on was character.  When the 60 Min reporter ask for an example, Hoyer mentioned Kyle Schwarber, the Cubs left fielder.  Hoyer liked the kid because he played baseball like a football player.  Played all out.  Would run thru a wall to make a play.  As I remember, he personally interviewed all their top picks.  He wanted guys like Schwarber and young men who were optimist.  He talked to the players friends and girl friends to get a grip on how the guy handled himself with any adversity. 

Being an oldtimer, and having a hard time identifying with the antics of today's athletes, I found it refreshing.  I immediately thought of the Cowboys under Landry.  I'm barely able to record a show, but some of you might have the knowledge and ability to watch it if interested.