Heard a Rumor Silsbee to run Triple Option Offense

10 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Scared of change. Think running the ball is old school and won't win games.. that's my best guess

This!  I've seen and heard it firsthand last year, even though the obvious results showed themselves every game...  Some people just won't accept change no matter what and will gripe and grumble all year.

9 hours ago, ST413 said:

This is one Tiger fan who won't be afraid or against a change.  We do have a couple of real good threats at receiver but a back in Thomas that will do something that we haven't done in recent years even for the most part this past season,  and that is control the time of possession.  I know we did a lot better this year but we had a bunch of long runs by Calvin putting the defense right back out there.  Adonis will have more those good runs that move the chains and eat clock.  We can't leave out those receivers though.  

I hope one of those receives are ready to have more passes thrown their way.  Last year, Jones wasn't the best passer that I've seen.  Lots of under throws  and over throws.  I've also seen some unforced drops.  That's shouldn't happen to a player of his caliber.  

Hopefully this year, New QB and  a year to get better at catching the pass will result in better results to help the ground game some...

14 hours ago, ST413 said:

This is one Tiger fan who won't be afraid or against a change.  We do have a couple of real good threats at receiver but a back in Thomas that will do something that we haven't done in recent years even for the most part this past season,  and that is control the time of possession.  I know we did a lot better this year but we had a bunch of long runs by Calvin putting the defense right back out there.  Adonis will have more those good runs that move the chains and eat clock.  We can't leave out those receivers though.  

Use them as wing backs.  You get the ball in the hands of Kalon Barnes, the fastest guy in the district, on a more consistent basis.

I believe last years offense was a pre-cursor to bigger plans.

Smith simplified the run game and really focused on educating his interior lineman.  Smart move.

Knew he had a big time back that could make quick changes to missed blocks and that paid dividends early on.

That offensive line showed tremendous improvement as the season went along and Tyler had HUGE games.

Go watch film and see how many times he was beyond the linebackers before anyone realized it. 

Defense will get better, I have to believe that.  It takes time to teach true defense.

Collins is a completely different QB than Jones.

Bigger with quicker release and runs well also.  Only time will tell but I think the quicker you get the ball in the

air to Kalon the better he is at going to the ball.

Running game will be solid.

jmo....

From what I'm hearing Silsbee is getting a move in from Kountze. A REALLY good RB who will be a freshman next year. But anyone who has watched this kid knows he will be the real deal. If this is true then he will significantly help that triple option attack. 

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

One more thing...

The off-season regimen is COMPLETELY different now than in the past.

Nobody is exempt from the workouts. If it's possible, Silsbee will be stronger, faster and scary as it may sound. 

More disciplined.

Watch out using that D word... some may get offended by it.

21 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Comparing tiny Gunter to 4A D1 offenses is apples and oranges.  

21 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Comparing tiny Gunter to 4A D1 offenses is apples and oranges.  

It might be but they won state in 3a Div 2 and Newton didn't . Newton stacked up fairly good against Silsbee.

On 5/5/2017 at 6:50 AM, dBerrySports said:

You can run the triple option out of the spread. "Triple option" nowadays doesn't simply mean lining up in the wishbone and running the ball. With the RPOs, your triple option can be: QB hand off to the RB, QB keep the ball and run, QB keep the ball and pass it at the last second. You can even add a 4th option and bring a RB in motion and make him the pitch man. Silsbee could be running the traditional option, but this is just my thought on it.

Can I get a Amen

On 5/7/2017 at 10:14 AM, WOSgrad said:

Use them as wing backs.  You get the ball in the hands of Kalon Barnes, the fastest guy in the district, on a more consistent basis.

On 5/7/2017 at 0:37 PM, CardinalBacker said:

This.

Yep yep.  Looks like the fastest guy in the state.  Needs more touches for sure.