North Hwy 146 area in Goose Creek isd.

A quick question for the Mont Belvieu folks. About once or twice a year, for the past 4 or 5 years somebody will tell me that they heard that the Baytown neighborhoods on N. hwy 146 in Chambers County will soon be zoned to the Barbers Hill School district or its being discussed. Now, I've never put much stock in that. There's never any concrete information and I just don't see GCCISD willingly giving up any tax base. But I keep hearing it from time to time. Do any of you Barbers Hill folks every hear this?

1 hour ago, Bill Dauterive said:

That area, all the way to I-10, is in Baytown City limits. I do not see it happening. I have lived in the area for over 50 years and have never heard a move for this to become BHISD zone. 

Actually, I believe all the neighborhoods past the railroad bridge are not in the city limits. Also BHISD begins at Needlepoint Rd.

I've heard two different versions of this. One being it would involve everything located in Chambers County( some of which is within Baytown City limits) The other would just involve the area in Chambers outside of the city limits.

15 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

Actually, I believe all the neighborhoods past the railroad bridge are not in the city limits. Also BHISD begins at Needlepoint Rd.

I've heard two different versions of this. One being it would involve everything located in Chambers County( some of which is within Baytown City limits) The other would just involve the area in Chambers outside of the city limits.

The map is the argument ender.  Share it with your friends

23 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

The map is the argument ender.  Share it with your friends

I agree. I was just curious where this rumor was coming from as I have heard it from a variety of people for the past 4 or 5 years. I was also wondering if the rumor was circulating in Mont Belvieu as well.

2 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

I agree. I was just curious where this rumor was coming from as I have heard it from a variety of people for the past 4 or 5 years. I was also wondering if the rumor was circulating in Mont Belvieu as well.

The rumor was started by folk ill-informed.  I love this map because it ends all silly arguments about school district lines......

Guest ECBucFan

What motivation could there possibly be for BH to annex any part of GC? BH is growing by leaps and bounds already. The TEA maps will remain as is. 

22 hours ago, SFA85 said:

Just looked.  GCISD north of I-10 does not encompass Hwy146.  Surprisingly,  it runs up against 99 which I though was in Barbie's Hill....

This is the hidden content, please

GCISD stops at Cedar Bayou north of I-10, which is also the Harris county/Chambers county line.  It does run to 99 south of IH-10.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

GCISD stops at Cedar Bayou north of I-10, which is also the Harris county/Chambers county line.  It does run to 99 south of IH-10.

I can read a map.  And I said the same thing.......