Texas Shooting

nappyroots

15 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Sad.  I somehow missed this in the news.  Maybe because there was no rioting, looting, burning buildings, or other thuggery taking place.

rioting, looting and burning doesn't take place very often compared to the number of killings. Even your ancestors used to riot, burn and kill when they found out that a black man wanted to learn how to read, or maybe he looked at a white women in passing.

3 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

rioting, looting and burning doesn't take place very often compared to the number of killings. Even your ancestors used to riot, burn and kill when they found out that a black man wanted to learn how to read, or maybe he looked at a white women in passing.

I think my ancestors were Republicans, that was the Dems of your party that were behind that.

22 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

The recent shooting in Texas is a tragedy. The cop made a stupid choice and an innocent kid was killed. It is terrible and that cop should suffer the most severe punishment the law allows. 

While I feel that this is almost assuredly an accurate statement, I sure would like to see the body and dash cam footage to see exactly what happened.  The footage from those cameras will have a large amount to do with how severe his punishment ends up being.  he's charged with murder now, but it's likely going to be difficult to prove.  we'll see how this all plays out.

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

While I feel that this is almost assuredly an accurate statement, I sure would like to see the body and dash cam footage to see exactly what happened.  The footage from those cameras will have a large amount to do with how severe his punishment ends up being.  he's charged with murder now, but it's likely going to be difficult to prove.  we'll see how this all plays out.

Correct, according to the police, the dashcam has the car moving away from the office. That makes it murder to me. His life would not be in danger if the car was moving away from him.

2 hours ago, six burg said:

Thanks bullets for being one of the only conservatives on this board that puts right and wrong above black and white or democrat and republican. If everyone on this board did the same it would be great. Thats why i don't have 18,000 post. will not waste to much time here, but like to see the craziness every now and then.

to be fair, I'm a libertarian, and have strong leanings in both directions about different issues.  but I appreciate the compliment, because one thing I do try to do is take a logical look at every issue from both sides before commenting on it. 

23 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Correct, according to the police, the dashcam has the car moving away from the office. That makes it murder to me. His life would not be in danger if the car was moving away from him.

I would never try to outguess a jury and I would not likely even put money on a jury decision but I can't see a Murder conviction. 

I could easily believe Manslaughter which says you kill someone while acting recklessly. Murder requires the intent or knowledge to kill. 

I would like to know what the officer saw whether firing at a vehicle moving in any direction. Did he see a muzzle flash near the car? Did the car backfire? Especially if a camera shows something like that, I can envision an acquittal or more likely a Criminal Negligent Homicide conviction where you kill someone but with "criminal negligence". 

I think a jury might have a hard time having 12 people believe that the officer "intended" to kill that child while knowing that he wasn't acting in self defense. I can believe that a jury would find that made a terribly stupid decision and it cost a life... which would likely be Manslaughter.

But.... I would never try to outguess a jury.... especially since we know very little about the case. 

3 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I would never try to outguess a jury and I would not likely even put money on a jury decision but I can't see a Murder conviction. 

I could easily believe Manslaughter which says you kill someone while acting recklessly. Murder requires the intent or knowledge to kill. 

I would like to know what the officer saw whether firing at a vehicle moving in any direction. Did he see a muzzle flash near the car? Did the car backfire? Especially if a camera shows something like that, I can envision an acquittal or more likely a Criminal Negligent Homicide conviction where you kill someone but with "criminal negligence". 

I think a jury might have a hard time having 12 people believe that the officer "intended" to kill that child while knowing that he wasn't acting in self defense. I can believe that a jury would find that made a terribly stupid decision and it cost a life... which would likely be Manslaughter.

But.... I would never try to outguess a jury.... especially since we know very little about the case. 

I can agree with that.