Player Punishment

setxguru

16 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Not sure if I follow?All the things about WOS players are here in the locker room,what are you upset about guru?

What he and I guess others who have found it "funny" is that they are trying to imply that I somehow trying to bury the story of the WO-S player arrests.  First, I did not place the threads about the WO-S players in this forum.  That was done by a staff member with NO ties to WO-S.  Second, this thread referenced, not WO-S players, but a player from BISD, without any way to confirm whatsoever that there was arrest.  So how is my moving this thread to this forum, where the WO-S stories already are, burying the story?

I think some folks just want to have things to gripe about.

11 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

What he and I guess others who have found it "funny" is that they are trying to imply that I somehow trying to bury the story of the WO-S player arrests.  First, I did not place the threads about the WO-S players in this forum.  That was done by a staff member with NO ties to WO-S.  Second, this thread referenced, not WO-S players, but a player from BISD, without any way to confirm whatsoever that there was arrest.  So how is my moving this thread to this forum, where the WO-S stories already are, burying the story?

I think some folks just want to have things to gripe about.

+1,000

What annoys me is when people who have no ties to the kids or the programs try to give their opinions without knowing all the facts or the situations of these kids. Yes football is an extra curricular activity and athletes are held to a higher standard. Athletic programs are educational programs also. An opportunity for coaches who are also educators to instill life lessons into these kids and make them better adults who will be entering adulthood in the very near future. Each situation should be looked at for its situation. Kids come from different backgrounds. Some have both parents at home. Some have one parent at home. Some have no parents at home. At the end of the day, its not about sports, its about the kids. There should be consequences! There should be discipline! There should be forgiveness!  If he screws up once, who helped make a difference? If he screwed up twice, who helped make a difference? There should be an opportunity to right the wrong! If there are 200 kids in the program and the coaches have an opportunity to change 1 kids life, that is what it is about! To have a kid comeback 10-15-20 years later and say thank you coach! You changed my life, Kicking the kid to the curb is not always the correct thing to do! Taking the one thing that may bring structure to a kids life is not always the answer. Instead of being critical and demanding of what should be done, be part of the solution! Kids need mentors! Leaders! Both fellow teammates and adults. I know a lot of the kids who are Sophs, Jrs, And Srs all over SETX at this time from BMT, Lumb, WOS, NED, Vid, & PNG. No one school is immune! No one kid is immune! No one family is immune! I am hear to help make a difference in anyone of their lives! Step up! Man Up! Lead!

37 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

What annoys me is when people who have no ties to the kids or the programs try to give their opinions without knowing all the facts or the situations of these kids. Yes football is an extra curricular activity and athletes are held to a higher standard. Athletic programs are educational programs also. An opportunity for coaches who are also educators to instill life lessons into these kids and make them better adults who will be entering adulthood in the very near future. Each situation should be looked at for its situation. Kids come from different backgrounds. Some have both parents at home. Some have one parent at home. Some have no parents at home. At the end of the day, its not about sports, its about the kids. There should be consequences! There should be discipline! There should be forgiveness!  If he screws up once, who helped make a difference? If he screwed up twice, who helped make a difference? There should be an opportunity to right the wrong! If there are 200 kids in the program and the coaches have an opportunity to change 1 kids life, that is what it is about! To have a kid comeback 10-15-20 years later and say thank you coach! You changed my life, Kicking the kid to the curb is not always the correct thing to do! Taking the one thing that may bring structure to a kids life is not always the answer. Instead of being critical and demanding of what should be done, be part of the solution! Kids need mentors! Leaders! Both fellow teammates and adults. I know a lot of the kids who are Sophs, Jrs, And Srs all over SETX at this time from BMT, Lumb, WOS, NED, Vid, & PNG. No one school is immune! No one kid is immune! No one family is immune! I am hear to help make a difference in anyone of their lives! Step up! Man Up! Lead!

So how do the VICTIMS get the chance to "right the wrong"? If a persons "screw up" affects another human being - I say no second chances. If it were along the lines of alcohol or drug use - maybe. But when one person beats / rapes / robs another - to late, you have affected another persons life forever - now it's your turn to pay the lifelong consequence that you've chosen to impose on another due to your choices.

47 minutes ago, CraigS said:

So how do the VICTIMS get the chance to "right the wrong"? If a persons "screw up" affects another human being - I say no second chances. If it were along the lines of alcohol or drug use - maybe. But when one person beats / rapes / robs another - to late, you have affected another persons life forever - now it's your turn to pay the lifelong consequence that you've chosen to impose on another due to your choices.

Although I agree with your statement I don't know that I would lump all 3 of those acts together.  I don't think a robbery alone doesn't deserve a second chance.  Add other factors such as violence and then maybe.  As far as someone who beats someone hmm,  if it reaches the point where "beats" is accurate then I am definitely less forgiving.  However we are supposed to be forgiving,  giving a second chance i any of the above cases has to come with some heavy consequences. 

2 hours ago, CraigS said:

That's why I said each situation should be looked at for its situation! I agree with ST413 you cant group together what you grouped together.

18 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

What he is really upset about now is the fact that he got just banned.

Glad to see him go.  Seems like all he ever did is try to find the negative things in every school and to air them out.  Nothing ever positive came from any of his post that I ever seen.  Then he doesn't want to say what school he is affiliated with...

11 hours ago, Raider24 said:

Plus if they run fast we should really take things case by case, or 40 time by 40 time or whose daddy is on the school board. There is a lot that goes into making difference in one kids life. 

5 hours ago, jv_coach said:

Plus if they run fast we should really take things case by case, or 40 time by 40 time or whose daddy is on the school board. There is a lot that goes into making difference in one kids life. 

That's the sad facts.  Anyone else ever notice when grades come out, how many JV players lose their eligibility, and how few varsity players do?  Any kid, boy or girl, that's a good athlete, is usually going to get a lot of leeway academically.  Jmo

4 hours ago, REBgp said:

That's the sad facts.  Anyone else ever notice when grades come out, how many JV players lose their eligibility, and how few varsity players do?  Any kid, boy or girl, that's a good athlete, is usually going to get a lot of leeway academically.  Jmo

I heard Jeff Traylor the former HC at Gilmer say that no athlete failed in 9 striaght years at Gilmer....That is sorta like Art Briles saying that his team was an advocacy group for no means no. 

On 5/1/2017 at 2:00 PM, Raider24 said:

That's why I said each situation should be looked at for its situation! I agree with ST413 you cant group together what you grouped together.

I can't? So, you would be willing to give a second chance to someone who did any of the things I listed, to your family? I'm not trying to pick a fight, just saying that I'm not going to be very forgiving to someone who beats, rapes or robs anyone. Those aren't "mistakes" those crimes are true reflections of the person inside, and can not be rehabilitated. And, like I said, the VICTIM, certainly doesn't get a second chance.