ESPN layoffs

PhatMack19

15 hours ago, new tobie said:

Kaepernick was in the Super Bowl recently, dallas hasn't been in 22 years and houston oilers or texans never have

Exactly my point.  A man who played in one of the greatest sporting events in the world, making millions in the greatest country in the world.  Then he wants to disrespect the very country that gave him all that.  What an ungrateful pos.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Exactly my point.  A man who played in one of the greatest sporting events in the world, making millions in the greatest country in the world.  Then he wants to disrespect the very country that gave him all that.  What an ungrateful pos.

while watching games during the national anthem, many folks are not standing for the national anthem

37 minutes ago, stevenash said:

He "lead " them to a 5-11 record in 2014 and 2-14 in 2014.   Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal were great players at one time, also.  Trust me, if they are that great, someone is going to pick them up.

Assweiler was better than that, and couldn't stay in Houston but one year.  Get over it tobie, he is not a good qb.  

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is the hidden content, please

Curt Shilling was fired from espn over the transgendered bathroom deal.  He said if you have a *%#*, use the men's.  If you don't, use the women's.  It's really pretty self explanatory, but the Libs at espn fired him for explaining basic anatomy.  

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

ESPN  has obviously staked out their leftist position(s)- probably gonna cost them dearly

Well, with these "so called" layoffs, looks as though things are costing them already.

Unless these "layoffs" are political, which would not surprise me.

It's very obvious that ESPN has a double standard.

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He was almost as bad as the boom goes the dynamite guy. 

AAW needs to send in his resumé.  

It's funny you mention that. Since I announced my "semi" retirement, I have had at least 6 other offers to do broadcasting, including a sideline reporter. Keep in mind these were all audio broadcasts, no video. Don't have the face for tv.

As for Dipp, that was brutal. Very hard to watch.

I thought the chick did ok with play by, Rex was terrible as a color guy.

Politicians have to pay to advertise or smear. They should start charging these employees who voice their political views via commercial airwaves. Kap is using the NFL as his voice for his politics. Who cares what he thinks. Don't give him a minute of airtime without being compensated. He's just a foofoofoofootball player. Nothing special to me.

Also, the National Anthem should be played with full orchestral accompaniment, preferably military style. It should not be played on a single instrument or sang Acapella. Sounds like a funeral march when performed that way.