ESPN layoffs

PhatMack19

Besides Live Sporting Events I very rarely watch ESPN anymore.  When they started promoting the lefty agenda and awards Bruce Jenner awards for courage, they lost me as a fan.  Sports are supposedly to be a break from the real world/life/politics etc but ESPN chose to go a different route and lost millions of viewers because of it.  ESPN ranks right up there with MTV for me of channels that used to be great and now are unwatchable.  

Cord cutting is also an issue.  A lot of younger people will never have traditional cable in which ESPN gets $7+ of your bill each month.   TV as we know it is changing.  Pro leagues and colleges better get ready for the drop in revenue when these current contracts end.  Ala Carter programming is coming.   How much would you pay to watch your favorite team play each game or season?

This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Besides Live Sporting Events I very rarely watch ESPN anymore.  When they started promoting the lefty agenda and awards Bruce Jenner awards for courage, they lost me as a fan.  Sports are supposedly to be a break from the real world/life/politics etc but ESPN chose to go a different route and lost millions of viewers because of it.  ESPN ranks right up there with MTV for me of channels that used to be great and now are unwatchable.  

Cord cutting is also an issue.  A lot of younger people will never have traditional cable in which ESPN gets $7+ of your bill each month.   TV as we know it is changing.  Pro leagues and colleges better get ready for the drop in revenue when these current contracts end.  Ala Carter programming is coming.   How much would you pay to watch your favorite team play each game or season?

ESPN is nothing more than MSNBC with footballs.  This is what happens when liberalism takes over.

On April 27, 2017 at 1:31 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

On April 27, 2017 at 1:31 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

I'll speak from my own perspective.  I got tired of repeated leftist comments.  Then repeatedly firing their people if they made conservative comments.  And when ESPN failed to crucify Kaepernick for kneeling during the Anthem, it was a deal breaker for me.  The only dumber stunt was the NFL Commissioner not stopping it.  

And then you have this poem.  That's how far the left thinks they can go.  Accident?  I don't think so.  The idiots running ESPN are killing the network.

11 hours ago, REBgp said:

I'll speak from my own perspective.  I got tired of repeated leftist comments.  Then repeatedly firing their people if they made conservative comments.  And when ESPN failed to crucify Kaepernick for kneeling during the Anthem, it was a deal breaker for me.  The only dumber stunt was the NFL Commissioner not stopping it.  

And then you have this poem.  That's how far the left thinks they can go.  Accident?  I don't think so.  The idiots running ESPN are killing the network.

In America we didn't crucify folks for hanging folks from trees when their only crime was wanting to be free. So take the Kapernick crap and stick it where the sun don't shine.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

In America we didn't crucify folks for hanging folks from trees when their only crime was wanting to be free. So take the Kapernick crap and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Where in America does this happen? Maybe you can stick your crap there, since that place only exists in your head.

On 4/26/2017 at 5:29 PM, PhatMack19 said:

I felt the same way about fox news with all the Roger ailes and bill oreilly fiasco.

13 hours ago, nappyroots said:

You need to get you some counseling nappy.  You're filled with so much bigoted hate, based on things that happened 100 to 150 years ago, it's consuming you.  I'm not a Psychologist, but I'd suspect you're also a democrat, who hates himself for it, and the Dem Party also.  The fact that slavery and racial hate crimes committed by whites in the past is virtually your only comeback, shows that you have no fact filled knowledge that even you accept as truth.  The result of your conundrum is that you lash out with frustration when someone post something you perceive as true, but you don't like that kind of truth.

When I posted my opinion (and remember, that's what this Forum is for) about ESPN, and Kaepernick, you respond with the usual.  And here's a little more truth for you, Kaepernick sucks.  He's like to many liberals today, he greedily accepts all the this great country has to offer, and when his skills left him, he lashed out at the very country that gave him all these opportunities.  Why you fill the need to defend the lowlife scumbag, is beyond me.

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

You need to get you some counseling nappy.  You're filled with so much bigoted hate, based on things that happened 100 to 150 years ago, it's consuming you.  I'm not a Psychologist, but I'd suspect you're also a democrat, who hates himself for it, and the Dem Party also.  The fact that slavery and racial hate crimes committed by whites in the past is virtually your only comeback, shows that you have no fact filled knowledge that even you accept as truth.  The result of your conundrum is that you lash out with frustration when someone post something you perceive as true, but you don't like that kind of truth.

When I posted my opinion (and remember, that's what this Forum is for) about ESPN, and Kaepernick, you respond with the usual.  And here's a little more truth for you, Kaepernick sucks.  He's like to many liberals today, he greedily accepts all the this great country has to offer, and when his skills left him, he lashed out at the very country that gave him all these opportunities.  Why you fill the need to defend the lowlife scumbag, is beyond me.

What's funny and sad at the same time, Kaepernick stopped kneeling for the National Anthem last season. He hoodwinked his followers, the media, and the entire country. He drew national attention to "his cause" which he didn't have strong enough convictions to continue. Those are the types of heroes for the left? What a movement. Good job.

Yep, ESPN lost me with the Jenner pride. Kaepernick's actions have been disgraceful but I'm little on the fence considering he has those rights as an American. The bigger problem is the way the media including ESPN hyped it up.

FoxSports has something to do with ESPNs decline

I don't watch sports programming as much as I used to.  I can't remember the last time I sat down and paid attention to sports center on ESPN.  I watch snippets of Texans highlights, or Rockets, or Astros, from time to time.  Otherwise I catch a 30 for 30 when I can.  I didn't even know ESPN was considered liberal until someone mentioned it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

This poor Asian broadcaster may have to change his name to keep his job.

Reading the comments, this one guy adamantly refuses to believe it.  I'm guessing he thinks it's absurd.  After the Black Student group questioned the USC Trojan horse as racist, I think it's absurd to think anything the Left may do is absurd.  

On 4/30/2017 at 10:16 PM, REBgp said:

Kaepernick was in the Super Bowl recently, dallas hasn't been in 22 years and houston oilers or texans never have

10 minutes ago, 77 said:

wonder why the statues didnt bother anyone when we had a black man in the highest office in the land. guess nobody could justify it then!

And imo, that's proof positive that it's not about the statutes.  It's about stirring poo to blame Trump for creating division.  Again, my opinion, if I had to put a name on who's dividing the USA, it would be Soros.