West Orange Stark 2017

WOS1986

On 5/24/2017 at 11:04 PM, Dawgs12345 said:

WOS will have a real shot to make it to Jerry World every year in their current classification. Pretty much Gilmer and WOS will be the favorites every year for the foreseeable future. Some years Celina  and Cuero will be there, but they cannot consistently compete with WOS and Gilmer year in and year out IMO. Other teams like Graham, LaGrange, Sweetwater, Atlanta, Tatum, Bellville, Navarro, and Gladewater will make some noise, but again not consistently. 4a D2 is the weakest division in the state IMO. Couple of really high level programs, and then just a buncha ok teams. I really don't like the split in 4a. Seems like all the powerhouses stayed D1 (With the exception of WOS and Gilmer). In D1 you have 10-12 teams that will have a real shot every year, and then a bunch of teams that will be right there with a special class. Crazy the difference in the 2 divisions. 

Have to agree with you on this. 4A D2 always has the usual suspects since the split. WOS and Gilmer consistently then a close second with Celina and either Cuero or Sinton out of Reg4. The rest is a carrousel. Of course every other year seems to have a Cinderella or "out of nowhere" team. I.e. Fairfield in 12 or 13 I think. Funny part is I think in 5A, D2 has been stronger than D1. I agree, make it like baseball and have 4A be 4A. No split. Or add another 1 or 2 classes, like 7A and 8A, make the all the  "A's" more close in enrollment. Yes, you would basically still have a split, but you would get rid of the "D's". Thing is, Texas is big, very big. Travel distances could come into play if you merged the "A's" again. Especially less populated areas like Reg 1. 2,3 and 4 all have a lot more teams close in size and closer to each other than them. Look at the greater Orange Area. If you put it back to a single "A" the farthest we would have to play for district is probably 20 miles. You have BC, LCM, Orangefield and WOS all within 4-8 miles from each other. Add HF and HJ that's about 20-25 miles. Out of those 6 teams, our closest neighbors BC and LCM are D1 while the others are D2. We all play each other in pre season anyway, just make it official.

I have a feeling Cuero will be pretty good the next two years. As long as we maintain the Chaingang Defense it will be difficult for any team in 4A D2 to get past WOS.

I agree 4A D2 is definitely pretty weak. In 10 years 2007-2016 WOS has only lost 5 times to teams included in the current division alignment. Gilmer x 2, Jasper, Giddings, and Brookshire.

12 hours ago, Goblin said:

I have a feeling Cuero will be pretty good the next two years. As long as we maintain the Chaingang Defense it will be difficult for any team in 4A D2 to get past WOS.

I agree 4A D2 is definitely pretty weak. In 10 years 2007-2016 WOS has only lost 5 times to teams included in the current division alignment. Gilmer x 2, Jasper, Giddings, and Brookshire.

That Brookshire loss still hurts

14 hours ago, Goblin said:

Exactly. And no way Jasper or Brookshire would be able to beat WOS in the playoffs  anytime soon. Those programs are nowhere near what they used to be. I don't know about Giddings. This is coming from a Carthage fan, WOS is about to go on an all time run IMO. I could easily see 3 more titles in the next 5 years to go along with the 2 they got the past 2 years. Like it or not WOS is pretty much in a class of its own in their classification.

2 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Exactly. And no way Jasper or Brookshire would be able to beat WOS in the playoffs  anytime soon. Those programs are nowhere near what they used to be. I don't know about Giddings. This is coming from a Carthage fan, WOS is about to go on an all time run IMO. I could easily see 3 more titles in the next 5 years to go along with the 2 they got the past 2 years. Like it or not WOS is pretty much in a class of its own in their classification.

Coming from a Carthage fan, that speaks a lot! Thanks for the respect, just like we respect y'all. Both of our programs are always on a different level along with the Gilmers and such. Look at y'all last year, everyone pretty much wrote y'all off, then what do y'all do?? Brought another trophy back!

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Brookshire is TERRIBLE now 

I don't believe they were that good when they bounced us, they had that good running back(can't remeber his name) but seemed we strolled in there looking ahead. Same with the (03 I think) loss to Hargrave in the dome first round.