WOS vs. Silsbee

WOS1986

Don't know the physical address but it is on business 96n headed toward evadale across from walmart.  Can't wait for this game to happen. I'll let hotrod predict the score on this one but I do believe the tigers will pull this one out with a win!

Well, here it is. The game. Silsbee/WOS. The Silsbee Tigers (22-3, 8-1) will host the WO-S Mustangs (20-3-1, 9-0) in the last game of the regular season. This game has it all, two top ten state ranked teams, two offenses that can score runs in bunches, two defenses that are lock down, and two of the better pitchers in the state of Texas. The Tigers won their last game over LCM 12-0 and WOS won their last game 7-3 over Orangefield. The Mustangs had to come from behind to beat Silsbee in a thrilling game 6-5 the last time these two teams played. So, what will it be a undefeated district championship or co-champs. Couple that with this will be senior night for Silsbee. The JV will start at 4:30 and the Varsity will start at 7:00. Silsbee/WOS!!! The GAME! TigerNation!!!

The team that makes the least amount of mistakes, to go alone with timely hitting to produce runs wins.. So to say this, I predict WOS to Outright be District Champions....It's Senior Night for a great group of young (Sundgren, Partain, Jones, and Tyler) and could lead up to be a distraction and slow start for Silsbee...It also will be KJ 18th Birthday. An for him to win a Outright DC in baseball will be a great present and a goal he sit out to achieve since a youth...Good Luck To Both Teams but WOS WINS

I agree with hotrod that silsbee is playing with a chip and I believe here at home it will be a different ball game. Wos played solid last time while silsbee made several errors that cost some runs and still lost by 1. It will be a good game but I believe silsbee comes out on top. 

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

Sorry but I hope he gets a little Birthday dissapointment!!!

Lol... Win or loss he still will be a DC he just will share it...(Wos was picked 3rd in District Right) It doesn't get any better if he hits another game winning 2 RBI Double off the wall again to win the game..#RespectIsntGivingItsEarned

2 hours ago, tiger42 said:

I agree with hotrod that silsbee is playing with a chip and I believe here at home it will be a different ball game. Wos played solid last time while silsbee made several errors that cost some runs and still lost by 1. It will be a good game but I believe silsbee comes out on top. 

WOS made a couple mistakes early on in the game as well right?

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

If Silsbee wins, and there is a tie at the top of the district, will they flip or play a seed in game?

If it was a tie and I was Landry I would prefer a flip..No reason to play and burn a pitcher or a injury happening ... Seeding means nothing in the game of baseball... Remember WOS Played their way to Austin (State Finalist) as 3rd Place team out the District? 

30 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

If it was a tie and I was Landry I would prefer a flip..No reason to play and burn a pitcher or a injury happening ... Seeding means nothing in the game of baseball... Remember WOS Played their way to Austin (State Finalist) as 3rd Place team out the District? 

Wouldn't say it means nothing. Playoffs are all about matchups and sometimes different teams matchup better than others, also you may wind up on the opposite side of the bracket as a better team that gets beat in a one game playoff. Seeding and timing means a lot more than you would think. You look at the region 3 bracket and there are most definitely easier paths for some teams than others. But like you say our 4A district has done fairly well as of late sending WOS to the state finals and LCM to region finals just last year. 

1 hour ago, Kj Dad said:

Lol... Win or loss he still will be a DC he just will share it...(Wos was picked 3rd in District Right) It doesn't get any better if he hits another game winning 2 RBI Double off the wall again to win the game..#RespectIsntGivingItsEarned

Yep big hit ... but that situation should have never came up ...