WOS vs. Silsbee

WOS1986

17 hours ago, kicker said:

Funny, sounds like the football preseason talk from the Silsbee folk this season....what was the score again?? Oh, that's right, y'all had a moral victory by being the first team to score on us. And it wasn't even on the defense! Lmao!!!!

What was that basketball score???? Eeewwwwwee

15 hours ago, Maroon4 said:

Obviously WOS won fair and square, who is arguing against that? Silsbee was ahead in the last inning.....had we covered second base, it would have been 3rd out, game over! 

And?

In baseball, like any other sport, avoiding mental and physical mistakes is important and the team that doesn't make those mistakes usually ends up being the better team in the contest, which is governed by the score.

Had they covered 2nd, would Silsbee have won?  Maybe.  The fact is that they didn't and Mustangs, as the better teams usually do, capitalized on it and on April 7th West Orange-Stark was the better team as shown by the 6-5 score.

Will that be the case on April 25th?  Ask me about 9:30 and I'll have a little better answer for you on that.

16 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

What was that basketball score???? Eeewwwwwee

Here comes Santa.....You should be proud of the BB Boys of Silsbee and hope you got your MEDAL AS WELL? Did you wash their Jocks after the State Game? Your own folks of Silsbee said that's all you where GREAT AT?  

18 hours ago, kicker said:

Who had to feel they should have won? The Silsbee fans? WOS won that game fair and square,  don't start all that "should have won" doo doo. Lol!!

Always some type of doo doo coming from some Silsbee Faithfuls... Those the type that thinks EVER KID DESERVES A RIBBON  

Omg give it up man. You sound like a mad little league mom. Talk about the sport and the players and the game instead of bumping your gums every time you get on here. Yes 22-4a has some of the best talent in texas and that includes wos and silsbee. Should be a good game between the 2 teams but remember the boys are playing and not the fans so just watch and enjoy!

Win or loose tonight WOS has shocked everyone in this area in Baseball this year. Our boys have played there hearts out every game and before the season started we were over looked. The silsbee game was the big upset because if you can remember all the post and all the hype about there was no way WOS could score more then 2... Errors are part of the game so no matter the well if he would have done this or if he would have done that sounds like someone that cant give credit when credit is due. We both played with errors but WOS came up with the W that night. I wish yall luck tonight and hope to see another great game between the two teams. WOS 4/LIFE 

1 hour ago, tiger42 said:

Omg give it up man. You sound like a mad little league mom. Talk about the sport and the players and the game instead of bumping your gums every time you get on here. Yes 22-4a has some of the best talent in texas and that includes wos and silsbee. Should be a good game between the 2 teams but remember the boys are playing and not the fans so just watch and enjoy!

That's what I do is watch and talk the talk while walking the walk. I will be at the game bumping my gums and will tell you face to face  man to man what I say on this forms....

2 hours ago, tiger42 said:

So first you are going to damage our mound after the game then you  want to meet up for a jr.high squabble at the play ground! You sir are hilarious! I am done!

I never said squabble but I'm a man b4 anything and if I felt threatened a squabble will go with it but not at the Jr high. It will be on site.. I'm the smallest guy in the stadium look on our side of the dugout.. I'm in grey pants and a WOS Winbreaker.. You more then welcome to come talk from behind the keyboard 

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

And?

In baseball, like any other sport, avoiding mental and physical mistakes is important and the team that doesn't make those mistakes usually ends up being the better team in the contest, which is governed by the score.

Had they covered 2nd, would Silsbee have won?  Maybe.  The fact is that they didn't and Mustangs, as the better teams usually do, capitalized on it and on April 7th West Orange-Stark was the better team as shown by the 6-5 score.

Will that be the case on April 25th?  Ask me about 9:30 and I'll have a little better answer for you on that.

Lol, like I said... You won fair and square....

3 minutes ago, Maroon4 said:

Lol, like I said... You won fair and square. 

And in answer to the question, yes, they were again on April 25th.  But these two games are a celebration of the strength of this district.  The top two teams in the district separated by two runs.  It is a baseball purist's (which most of us declare ourselves to be) dream.

So the best of luck to the Tigers until we meet again (which contrary to the claims of others in the region will also occur this season)!

What a great game to watch.  Great pitching, with one exception for both sides, great defense, in game adjustments...etc.  By far the best game I have seen JD throw,  had great command of all his pitches.  Trevis battled all night and made huge pitches when he needed them, just as he has time and time again for those of us who have had the privilege of watching him for the last three years.  Hats off to both teams!!!  Silsbee will be just fine... lost 4 games all year by a total of 4 runs.  Said it all along... Games 1 & 2 are not near as important as the coin toss and games 3,4 & 5!!  Hoping for an all SETX regional final!!!  Good luck to all D22 teams!  Let's go represent!!!!

There may be alot of trash talk from both sides but there is also alot of respect. That was as good as a game as you can get from these young men and jd hit his spots all night. Now it's playoff time and I encourage every one if you get a chance to go watch either team play go show them your support