WOS vs. Silsbee

WOS1986

4 hours ago, tiger42 said:

I agree with hotrod that silsbee is playing with a chip and I believe here at home it will be a different ball game. Wos played solid last time while silsbee made several errors that cost some runs and still lost by 1. It will be a good game but I believe silsbee comes out on top. 

Don't forget WOS also made several errors especially when silsbee scored them 4 runs in one inning. with 2 outs , dallas struck out a batter to end the inning but due to a passed ball that runner was able to advance leading to the silsbee scoring rally. but i expect a dog fight again.

9 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Don't forget WOS also made several errors especially when silsbee scored them 4 runs in one inning. with 2 outs , dallas struck out a batter to end the inning but due to a passed ball that runner was able to advance leading to the silsbee scoring rally. but i expect a dog fight again.

I asked the question but nobody remember the inning WOS made errors and Silsbee score 4 runs... Seems to me others only remember Silsbee errors that supposedly cost them the game....hmmmm

2 hours ago, walldrill said:

Wouldn't say it means nothing. Playoffs are all about matchups and sometimes different teams matchup better than others, also you may wind up on the opposite side of the bracket as a better team that gets beat in a one game playoff. Seeding and timing means a lot more than you would think. You look at the region 3 bracket and there are most definitely easier paths for some teams than others. But like you say our 4A district has done fairly well as of late sending WOS to the state finals and LCM to region finals just last year. 

If not mistaken WOS face the #1 Team in the State That Year (Huffman) With Bumpus only giving up 1 run coming into the series that year right? Didn't the week b4 they Beat BC while BC beat WOS 2x that year...So that matchup BS means nothing and any-giving night a team can get beat...

33 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

I asked the question but nobody remember the inning WOS made errors and Silsbee score 4 runs... Seems to me others only remember Silsbee errors that supposedly cost them the game....hmmmm

Yep y'all had a pass ball .. sure did ... guess we got quiet cause y'all just to good for us ... we just don't belong on the same field ... see y'all tomorrow night 

23 hours ago, ST413 said:

After losing a game in Orange that you had to feel the Tigers should have won after getting a good early lead,  I hope the Tigers can take this one.  I plan on being there to see this rematch.

Who had to feel they should have won? The Silsbee fans? WOS won that game fair and square,  don't start all that "should have won" doo doo. Lol!!

1 hour ago, HOTROD309 said:

Yep y'all had a pass ball .. sure did ... guess we got quiet cause y'all just to good for us ... we just don't belong on the same field ... see y'all tomorrow night 

Funny, sounds like the football preseason talk from the Silsbee folk this season....what was the score again?? Oh, that's right, y'all had a moral victory by being the first team to score on us. And it wasn't even on the defense! Lmao!!!!

5 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

Lol... Win or loss he still will be a DC he just will share it...(Wos was picked 3rd in District Right) It doesn't get any better if he hits another game winning 2 RBI Double off the wall again to win the game..#RespectIsntGivingItsEarned

Yes...they would be co district champs but I was talking about the disappointment of not being outright champs.

15 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Football........this aint no stinking football? This is baseball

Lol!! Hey, you Silsbee folks started it...don't make me pull up the records of our underwater basket weaving games!!! Well, would you call that a game or a match? Hmm

3 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

If not mistaken WOS face the #1 Team in the State That Year (Huffman) With Bumpus only giving up 1 run coming into the series that year right? Didn't the week b4 they Beat BC while BC beat WOS 2x that year...So that matchup BS means nothing and any-giving night a team can get beat...

Just FYI.....

Iowa Park was #1 in the state at that time, Huffman was ranked #2.

Everything Walldrill says is correct in his earlier post about match ups. You (Kj dad) are also correct that any given team can be beat at any given time. Teams that are able to control their own path in the playoffs absolutely look for the best route. Those teams that are not able to control their destiny just take what's thrown at them and do the best they can. (WOS state run a few years ago is a prime example of that and perhaps another reason the run was so impressive). Timing, match ups, coin flips and others most definitely play a huge part in how the playoffs shape up. To say that they don't is just not being willing to have an open discussion while removing your emotions. For example, show me a coach who has made deep playoff runs and I'll show you someone who has been on both sides of the coin flip, good and bad. It's one of the things that makes the game "beautifully cruel". 

With all that being said I'd like to personally wish all the local playoff teams good luck and hope they each have successful journeys all the way to state.

Respectfully,

Rake1

3 hours ago, kicker said:

Who had to feel they should have won? The Silsbee fans? WOS won that game fair and square,  don't start all that "should have won" doo doo. Lol!!

Obviously WOS won fair and square, who is arguing against that? Silsbee was ahead in the last inning.....had we covered second base, it would have been 3rd out, game over! 

4 hours ago, Maroon4 said:

Obviously WOS won fair and square, who is arguing against that? Silsbee was ahead in the last inning.....had we covered second base, it would have been 3rd out, game over! 

No I don't think it would have been game over... that was only the 6th inning 

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Where did any Silsbee fan bring up football in this thread?

Just trying to light a fire on this board. Been kinda slow lately. I'm just messing with you Silsbee folk, you know win or lose I follow the Tigers. As long as it isn't against the Stangs. Lol

WOS has been slow coming out of the gates the last few games. If they come out slow again, Silsbee will take advantage. Looking to a great ball game tonight. 

I assume it will be Jack Dallas for WOS on the bump, and Sundergren for Silsbee?

Positive thing for WOS last game they hit Sundergren hard, just hit a lot of balls at people. 

Team that makes the least amount of mistakes, will win this one. I'll take the stangs in a 3-1 ball game!