Restraining order filed against WO-S school...

Guest ECBucFan

This is the hidden content, please

It looks like the restraining order that was keeping Morris Joseph out of alternative school and enabling him to participate in the area track meet has been rescinded because his attorney was unable to attend a hearing today.  

What a roller coaster for the kid.  I don't think we've heard the last of this between now and the meet.

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the hidden content, please

It looks like the restraining order that was keeping Morris Joseph out of alternative school and enabling him to participate in the area track meet has been rescinded because his attorney was unable to attend a hearing today.  

What a roller coaster for the kid.  I don't think we've heard the last of this between now and the meet.

The meet has already taken place. It actually took place the day before the restraining order was put in place. Him not being allowed to participate in the area meet was what prompted them to get a restraining order on the school district.

The RO was simply to keep him on the main campus and not the alternate campus.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The meet has already taken place. It actually took place the day before the restraining order was put in place. Him not being allowed to participate in the area meet was what prompted them to get a restraining order on the school district.

The RO was simply to keep him on the main campus and not the alternate campus.

I see.  I had the area and regional meets confused.  

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It does kinda make you wonder who's pushing to have him sent over there to the alternative campus.  I really thought that the school wouldn't go to the trouble of fighting the restraining order.  

Simply because they are following school policies and procedures. Students have been sent to SAC in the past for these offenses. They don't follow procedure now, opens up a whole other can of worms.

10 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Was the kid squared up to fight "big Mo" or was his hands by his side, not looking for confrontation?  The latter seems most likely when it comes to confronting a guy named "big Mo" and a group of buddies ready to brawl (including a Div 1 college football player).  If I had to wildly guess, he hit someone not looking to fight.  

I would not assume a sucker punch, per say. But when that kind of melee starts, one tends to punch anyone who appears to be an opponent, looking or not. When my jaw was broken, I had no hard feelings toward the guy afterwards. He was actually a teammate and it was an internal team fight(off vs def). The other time I was sucker punched, it was a personal, premeditated act against me and me only. There is a big difference. Understanding the difference is key in situations like these. 

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Simply because they are following school policies and procedures. Students have been sent to SAC in the past for these offenses. They don't follow procedure now, opens up a whole other can of worms.

Not only policy but state law. 

On 4/26/2017 at 9:22 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Thanks for the legal lesson. I'm not a lawyer but I did sleep at a holiday inn and watch a lot of csi, so here we go. Most of the injuries are consistent with heel stomps and kicks to the face, with the exception of the mouth wired shut. The broken jaw was likely from the single punch which rendered the recipient temporarily unconscious.   These are not facts known to me but educated guesses based on years of experience. I've been sucker punched on more than one occasion by guys bigger and stronger than "Big Mo" and had my jaw broken. I know the kind of blows that drop someone and the kind that don't. I know the kind of force it takes to fracture an eye socket and destroy the sinus and nasal cavity. I also know that when a big confident fighter like Big Mo drops someone, they don't feel compelled to keep viciously beating a man when he is unconscious. It's the weaker bystanders that do that kind of cowardly mess.  From what I've heard and read there are not many witnesses and even less evidence that points to big boy doing the bulk of the damage. But you are probably right. I'm sure he'll be convicted of a felony and spend a year in jail. Look, the only reason I'm even in this forum is because football season hasn't started yet, so don't get so worked up. 

I've got it. You have no clue as to your claims being true (zero chance of conviction because he threw a punch) but personal experience let you assume the facts. That was  all that I was getting it in the first place. I wanted to know if you actually had any knowledge of what happened and this guy was unfairly targeted or you were merely putting out an opinion. 

It is not a matter of being worked up. I thought you actually knew what happened the way you were commenting  and I wanted to know what happened. 

Guest ECBucFan
On 4/27/2017 at 9:20 PM, team first said:

One tends to punch anyone who is going away from the incident? 

Maybe he was 'jus playin' the knock-out game... 

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:36 AM, tvc184 said:

Not only policy but state law. 

True, the Felony charges will be deemed violent in nature and may present a danger to other students.

Keep in mind in didn't turn himself in - if I remember correctly -  at the earliest time like a couple did.  Lawyer didn't show up for court - Lawyers I know would have a partner sit in OR have a working knowledge of the court to arrange another time.

FACT is it will take longer to mediate it than there are days left in the school year.  Drop out, go to AEP or call in sick.   Scholarship gone too I would imagine. 

12 news is showing a protest going on today at WOS admin offices. You know... "innocent until proven guilty" and "no weapon formed against us shall prosper." 

These are the same exact people that thought the kid from BC deserved to be punished for his racist meme that kids from WOS posted all over the internet. 

Can somebody tell me what "no justice no sleep" means? It doesn't sound like they want justice for the Frillou kid. Maybe it means if the charges are dropped against these young men that the protestors will go home and go to sleep? I'm confused. 

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

12 news is showing a protest going on today at WOS admin offices. You know... "innocent until proven guilty" and "no weapon formed against us shall prosper." 

These are the same exact people that thought the kid from BC deserved to be punished for his racist meme that kids from WOS posted all over the internet. 

Can somebody tell me what "no justice no sleep" means? It doesn't sound like they want justice for the Frillou kid. Maybe it means if the charges are dropped against these young men that the protestors will go home and go to sleep? I'm confused. 

SMH... why use a Bible verse to justify their cause in a situation like this....

36 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

These protests are just IGNORANT!  I am all for innocent until proven guilty and that was why I had my problems with the "newsworthiness" of this.  However, those that are staging this protest do not realize that they flashing even more of a spotlight on these young men with their stupid protests. 

And for what?  the WO-C CISD following the Code of Conduct, just like the one that has been in place at every high school across the since ALL of us where in high school, and is mandated by State law?  The very same Code of Conduct that every child was provided and had to sign off (as well as their parents) that they have reviewed it and would abide by it. If the attorney for Morris wanted to show somehow that the provisions which allowed the district to move Morris to an alternative school, he should have bothered to show for the injunction hearing that was scheduled on this matter!  And even better, I have been told that this very same attorney has told Morris not to attend school!  This guy should be disbarred!

All these folks that are shouting "no justice, no sleep" should go home and get some because they are demonstrating behavior that sounds like they have been sleep deprived!

If the kid who was beaten was black, and all the ones who attacked him were white, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, blm, and the "new" black panthers would be here and all the focus would be on the victim. 

Sick of hearing about the "rights" of one of the perps.

Last thing I have to say on the subject.

6 hours ago, baddog said:

If the kid who was beaten was black, and all the ones who attacked him were white, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, blm, and the "new" black panthers would be here and all the focus would be on the victim. 

BINGO!!

7 hours ago, baddog said:

Don't say that because then you'll be the one considered racist!

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I didn't go into detail earlier, but it's completely hypocritical and ironic that this fall WOS fans were unhappy that BC's Twitter artist ONLY got a month in alternative school and kicked off of the team for a while. No criminal charges were filed, nobody had to have surgery, and the incident happened off of school property. Fast forward a few months and Mustang faithful are out in front of the administration building protesting because the school is obligated to give these two young men an unfair punishment of, you guessed it, pretty much exactly why our kid got for creating a racist cartoon.  

Oh, how unfair!

My prediction goes like this. The young mens' attorney will advise his client(s) to NOT attend alternative school, but rather file a civil lawsuit against the school, admin, etc.  claiming that they have been adversely affected by the schools application of state law. 

On April 28, 2017 at 1:17 PM, baddog said:

Sadly, you're correct.  The act of kicking an unconscious person laying on the ground is reprehensible.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Thanks for the legal lesson. I'm not a lawyer but I did sleep at a holiday inn and watch a lot of csi, so here we go. Most of the injuries are consistent with heel stomps and kicks to the face, with the exception of the mouth wired shut. The broken jaw was likely from the single punch which rendered the recipient temporarily unconscious.   These are not facts known to me but educated guesses based on years of experience. I've been sucker punched on more than one occasion by guys bigger and stronger than "Big Mo" and had my jaw broken. I know the kind of blows that drop someone and the kind that don't. I know the kind of force it takes to fracture an eye socket and destroy the sinus and nasal cavity. I also know that when a big confident fighter like Big Mo drops someone, they don't feel compelled to keep viciously beating a man when he is unconscious. It's the weaker bystanders that do that kind of cowardly mess.  From what I've heard and read there are not many witnesses and even less evidence that points to big boy doing the bulk of the damage. But you are probably right. I'm sure he'll be convicted of a felony and spend a year in jail. Look, the only reason I'm even in this forum is because football season hasn't started yet, so don't get so worked up. 

if that's the case then he's guilty of exactly what he's been charged with.