21-5A Predictions

Red Dawn

Crosby and BH will probably be the favorites to finish 1 and 2. They both return a ton of starters with excellent coaching. NC will be tough again with high enrollment and solid coaching. Humble returns a beast at QB and at least athletically will be at the top of the food chain. Question is will they live up to their potential or will they underachieve once again. Dayton will have to replace 9 of 11 starters on the offensive side and around 7 starters on defense. Im very confident about teams 1 and 2 and even NC. As for the rest I think it's a toss up. Would like to see a team from our district get past the 2nd round.

10 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Crosby and BH will probably be the favorites to finish 1 and 2. They both return a ton of starters with excellent coaching. NC will be tough again with high enrollment and solid coaching. Humble returns a beast at QB and at least athletically will be at the top of the food chain. Question is will they live up to their potential or will they underachieve once again. Dayton will have to replace 9 of 11 starters on the offensive side and around 7 starters on defense. Im very confident about teams 1 and 2 and even NC. As for the rest I think it's a toss up. Would like to see a team from our district get past the 2nd round.

Agree 100%

Dayton will be bringing in talented players to take those starting positions lost after graduation. At QB they bring in AJ Nail, who will put up some good numbers passing and proved this year(JV) that when needed can turn it up as well. Also Keith Williams will be in the mix at QB as well as receiver. At the RB positions we bring back Justin Santee and Zack Pike who will both put up some big numbers next season.At the WR spots we bring back Jake Torres and Keith Martinez and bring up Jermond Lovely and many more,  On defense we will have some linebackers with experience, Micah Ellis, heard his name several times a game last year along with Zack Pike, who also will help lead the defense. Several lineman from offense and defense will be back, Jacob Suptin, Allen Sowell, and Jonathon Burdit just to name a couple, and then defensive backs we will have Zack Pike, Kenner,  Avalos, Gallegos, lovely, and several more. I am seeing the growth each day of these young men as they work hard everyday to ensure that the 2016 season does not repeat itself. As a whole, we will be a force in 21-5A, and come the start of 2017 season you will all see. GO BRONCOS 2017 !!!!!!!

It's fairly easy to stick with the recent history top teams and next year should be no different. Good athletes and good coaching are hard to argue against.  I'm hopeful that the coaching changes made at KP will have a positive impact on our players - who have forgotten how to win.  The insidious fungus that is losing is hard to overcome once it gets established in a program.  A new DC (from Princeton HS) and receivers coach (from Celina HS) should bring that winning mentality back into the locker room. Will it be enough? I hope.  Here's to an exciting, hard fought 21-5A season. Good luck to all. As far as predictions go I have to be a "homer" with KP sliding into the #4 slot on a game winning last second field goal .... it could happen .....

Pure speculation on my part, but it seems there was a bit of "old regime" vs "new regime" among coaches which had an obvious impact on the players.  This caused some to not participate - not neccesarily leave the school.  A couple did, but I think they were job/family moves.  I could be naive. This appears to have been addressed and maybe some will come back.  As far as overall growth is concerned I believe that Porter/New Casey are seeing the attendance/athlete boost due to the Grand Parkway.  

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not trying to stir the pot, but i don't think ANY 21-5A is going past rd 1...maybe dayton and Crosby and that's a BIG maybe. PAM and PNG will be the top dogs with PAM improving at the QB position and Hines still running the ball. PN-G brings back the top QB in the district with almost the same team. Central with a new coach and the athletes they have, they SHOULD  get past the first round. Now, Nederland should be back, but not sure how good they will be. that might be the only way a 21-5a advances...yes i know, the game is played on the field. based on last years teams...i see the golden triangle rolling on to rd two.

1 hour ago, eagle00011 said:

Heard the Humble QB transferred to Atascocita , anyone else heard that or is that wishful thinking?   

Be a huge loss for Humble. Lost Terio Brown early last year and if this is true Humble will be losing one of the better players in the district again. 

8 hours ago, pakronos said:

i'm not trying to stir the pot, but i don't think ANY 21-5A is going past rd 1...maybe dayton and Crosby and that's a BIG maybe. PAM and PNG will be the top dogs with PAM improving at the QB position and Hines still running the ball. PN-G brings back the top QB in the district with almost the same team. Central with a new coach and the athletes they have, they SHOULD  get past the first round. Now, Nederland should be back, but not sure how good they will be. that might be the only way a 21-5a advances...yes i know, the game is played on the field. based on last years teams...i see the golden triangle rolling on to rd two.

10 hours ago, pakronos said:

Heck if I know. When I think we're very good we get beat round 2. When I think we're avg we go to the semis. 

2017 Coog offense appears to be in good shape. If some new faces on defense grow up, I'd put our over / under on wins at 11.