TODD DOUGHTY NAMED AS NEW HC/AD AT KIRBYVILLE

WOSgrad

I know at Electra he ran a spread type offense. That may be good in this neck of the woods where everyone runs some form of the slot/wing T formations 

5 minutes ago, KingCat_15 said:

Not sure right now, but know it's gonna be a different offense.

Worries me on how quick and fast these kids pick it up never being in that type of system and just being introduced to it at 2 a days. 

18 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

What's with all the hate? I don't know the guy from jack, but Electra is the same size as Overton.. just wondering?

I really don't see it as hate , just dissappointment that it wasn't Strickland or Pinkard. I also heard that Strickland was offered job and turned it down. I hope he comes in and builds a winner. We don't want to be doing the same thing 2 years from now. This was a decision and pick made by the Superintendent. Guess only time will tell

4 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

I know at Electra he ran a spread type offense. That may be good in this neck of the woods where everyone runs some form of the slot/wing T formations 

No i believe they ran it from under center most of the time.  They did spread it out some to free the QB up.  What ive seen on hudle very vanilla.  Not gonna work in East Texas or even down here in setx. 

6 minutes ago, KingCat_15 said:

He was playing with 1a 2a talent vs 1a 2a talent

Just like he will have 3a talent here vs 3a talent

Dont get me wrong i have nothing against this guy and im not doubting his reocord or whar he has accomplished.  I am just frustrated that i know there was better available that wanted the job.  Should not have passed on Pinkard!!!  

22 minutes ago, KingCat_15 said:

He was playing with 1a 2a talent vs 1a 2a talent

Just like he will have 3a talent here vs 3a talent

I agree but beating crappy 1a schools in west texas even if you have a 2a school in west texas should not rank you above a proven Richie Pinkard.   He doesnt even have a winning record as a head ciach.  What exactly did you see on his resume that makes him a better choice over a Stricklan or Pinkard?   This is kind of embarassing tbh