TODD DOUGHTY NAMED AS NEW HC/AD AT KIRBYVILLE

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, RealMcCoy said:

I think the Superintendent is gonna bring one name.  Neece left late for an AD position to be filled and for coaches to be replaced.  Whether we would choose the same name or not, we know that he can go through the process much faster than a committee.  We should have staked out the place so we could be sure who the top guys are.  There were some good coaches with AD experience and winning histories on the list, just not a bunch of them.  One could get pretty close to the finalists with some research.

Could it be a name not on the list who has had ties with him at Rudder?

From all I can dig, gather and interpolate, that card may have been played early and not pan out.  Even though we love Kirbyville and thinks a great place to raise kids, not everybody gets it. And I don't think our pay scale turns many heads either.  That will probably be a problem with a guy like Feaster mentioned on this thread, money.  He probably would never apply had he not been let go for having gonads at Parkway.

3 minutes ago, RealMcCoy said:

From all I can dig, gather and interpolate, that card may have been played early and not pan out.  Even though we love Kirbyville and thinks a great place to raise kids, not everybody gets it. And I don't think our pay scale turns many heads either.  That will probably be a problem with a guy like Feaster mentioned on this thread, money.  He probably would never apply had he not been let go for having gonads at Parkway.

Feaster banned Saban from the school correct?

Yes, Feaster banned Saban and his recruiters. He said they made promisses they didn't keep.  Took some guts and got him let go.  I doubt Saban had a trip planned to Kville anyway.  Strickland is also a winner.  I believe the options are better than I thought they might be in the beginning.  I think there is an applicant with ties to Alvarez also and that probably carries some weight.

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

What's the word on this?

No one knows maybe the new superintendent will hire one by the end of the week or first of next week. Need to get the ball rolling with new offense and defense we will be running 

I hope we don't let money, within reason, stop us from hiring  a top candidate.  To my knowledge we have never hired an AD with AD experience and a winning program or history with a winning program.  We have spent millions on facilities and infrastructure to improve the district.  A few thousand to insure the community with a leader at the top of this department shouldn't be a problem.  Only the superintendent will affect more students.  To hire an experinced AD with experience with a top program that has seen what works will cost more that what we usually hire, that being a hopeful. We have had State record setters come through but we didn't keep em.  Cornell Thompson's first job was Kirbyville.  Craig Jones' first job was Kirbyville.  Both hold State records for success.  Jack Alverez and Brian Barbay won State titles after Kirbyville.  You can't compare Neece's salary who was hired to his first AD job to someone who has experience and been with a top program.

43 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Hearing that Overton's Strickland was in town this week for a second interview. Can anyone confirm?

Heard he was touring the new weight room and facility 

2 hours ago, RealMcCoy said:

I hope we don't let money, within reason, stop us from hiring  a top candidate.  To my knowledge we have never hired an AD with AD experience and a winning program or history with a winning program.  We have spent millions on facilities and infrastructure to improve the district.  A few thousand to insure the community with a leader at the top of this department shouldn't be a problem.  Only the superintendent will affect more students.  To hire an experinced AD with experience with a top program that has seen what works will cost more that what we usually hire, that being a hopeful. We have had State record setters come through but we didn't keep em.  Cornell Thompson's first job was Kirbyville.  Craig Jones' first job was Kirbyville.  Both hold State records for success.  Jack Alverez and Brian Barbay won State titles after Kirbyville.  You can't compare Neece's salary who was hired to his first AD job to someone who has experience and been with a top program.

When did Barbay win state?

44 minutes ago, RealMcCoy said:

My bad on Barbay, he did win 2 state titles in power lifting while in Kirbyville.  My point is, good ones don't grow on trees.  When you get a shot at one, take it.  If it costs a little more, pay it.  Or watch em make magic somewhere else.

I understood your point. At this point I'm hoping Richard Strickland is named AD/Head Football coach. I personally believe he is the man for the job. He has been a part of winning programs and has been successful in the role he played in those programs! He done a great job in just one year at Overton!