TODD DOUGHTY NAMED AS NEW HC/AD AT KIRBYVILLE

WOSgrad

48 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

This is a system hire, Doughty is a Slot-T guy and that is what Kirbyville wanted. Strickland must have too PROGRESSIVE for them.

I have to disagree this was a Superintendent hire and that's the one he wanted and the only one he brought forward to the board. There were no 3 finalists just 1 

But I'm 100% behind him and ready for him and his staff to get going. Let's really work hard this summer so they will be ready to compete. On a side note I'm afraid to say that your average wildcat fan will not take losing and growing pains very well. Expect lots of boo birds to come out if the program struggles early. 

2 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

But I'm 100% behind him and ready for him and his staff to get going. Let's really work hard this summer so they will be ready to compete. On a side note I'm afraid to say that your average wildcat fan will not take losing and growing pains very well. Expect lots of boo birds to come out if the program struggles early. 

Yeah early struggle will make life tough for Doughty. I'm on board and I hope for the best! We can't change what's already happened all we can do is support the guy because he is now a wildcat! And I don't know about y'all but I have Wildcat pride! 

On Saturday, May 06, 2017 at 0:19 AM, scoopno1 said:

I don't know the new coach and haven't had time to read his bio. I am a guy who is a big fan of Greg Neece. 

I have been to a few Kirbyville baseball games recently. That catcher who is the son of the superintendent is about as athletic looking as anyone I've seen in a long while. With that in mind I would think the super would want to make sure he had a good man to coach his sons. 

I am anxious to see the young man on a football field. 

What position will superintendent's son play?

I'm sure at this small 3a school he will be playing more than just linebacker I would expect some tight end or full back also. Remember we don't have 60 kids on the sidelines to plug and play. 

TODD DOUGHTY
16 years; 87-89-0; 11-2-0
2000  Mineola                     0-10-0
2001  Mineola                      4-7-0 T
2002  Mineola                      4-6-0
2004  Thorndale                  8-3-0*
2005  Thorndale                  7-4-0 C
2006  Thorndale                10-4-0 R
2007  Thorndale                  6-5-0 T
2008  Thorndale                  5-6-0 R
2009  Meridian                    2-8-0
2010  Meridian                    5-5-0
2011  Meridian                    5-6-0 R
2012  Meridian                    2-8-0
2013  Meridian                    5-6-0 R
2014  Electra                       6-5-0 T
2015  Electra                       8-4-0 T
2016  Electra                    10-2-0 R

I guess the good news is it's been 17 years since he's went winless and 4 years since he's had a losing season. I feel as long as we can have a strength and conditioning program here he will do well. The superintendent will have two kids in high school next year one being a senior. There is bound to be something about him he likes. I think he will do ok here in Kirbyville. Either way I'm rooting for him and my Wildcats! 

I hear he is bringing 5-6 coaches with him one being his son to be the DC. Will adjust on the fly on what offense and defense he runs depending on what he sees in the kids. Could be a tough and learning year for these kids , just hope they buy into the program. The Pride Of Kirbyville could once again be the main attraction for the next couple of years. 

40 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

We have a great defensive coordinator in Craig Jones on the staff he would be wise to keep him in my opinion. 

Was told his son will be the new DC that being said I think Jones has found him a HC baseball gig somewhere. I see where New Boston is looking for one , not saying that's the place where he has landed