TODD DOUGHTY NAMED AS NEW HC/AD AT KIRBYVILLE

WOSgrad

I don't know the new coach and haven't had time to read his bio. I am a guy who is a big fan of Greg Neece. 

I have been to a few Kirbyville baseball games recently. That catcher who is the son of the superintendent is about as athletic looking as anyone I've seen in a long while. With that in mind I would think the super would want to make sure he had a good man to coach his sons. 

I am anxious to see the young man on a football field. 

At the end of the day it's what's best for the kids. He's the guy now so let's get to work. On a side note Kirbyville had a head coach that was a for sure winner as a coach on the football field and even better person off the field. Who ran a successful program not just for football but pushed all sports to be great what more could you want from a head coach/A.D.?  Again let's keep the kids in mind and hope for a decent season next year and for years to come! 

2 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

I was under the impression that Stricklan maybe  backed  out.  Just learned that is not true.  He was never offered either.  Board was only offered 1 option.  I have talked to the board and no 6 or 8 people did not make this decision.. only 1 did

Why did they vote unanimously then?

2 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

I was under the impression that Stricklan maybe  backed  out.  Just learned that is not true.  He was never offered either.  Board was only offered 1 option.  I have talked to the board and no 6 or 8 people did not make this decision.. only 1 did

You think he did a coin flip to see which one or einnie, Minnie, mighty , mo. You had a shot a one of the best young coaches in the area who was an under study of Coach Surratt. Heck if that had no pull on the decision I guess Bill Bellichec and his 5 Super Bowls wouldn't have had a chance either. SMH

If you know any board members at KISD then you know that the superintendant was made aware that all sports should be supported.  We all had our ideas as to who we thought would be the best pick.  We however did not hear the answers to pertinant questions.  With the superintendant having a son who will be a senior on the team and knowing that all sports count,  I have to think the  superintendant would certainly  have chosen the best fit he possibly could.  There is no way he would chose less than the best overall fit for his own son, a college prospect in football and a basball player. So let the work begin. With us loosing several football coaches, I hope we can keep a great football coach, I think 10 years a 4A DC and mabe the best baseball coach in the state, Craig Jones, on staff.

6 minutes ago, RealMcCoy said:

If you know any board members at KISD then you know that the superintendant was made aware that all sports should be supported.  We all had our ideas as to who we thought would be the best pick.  We however did not hear the answers to pertinant questions.  With the superintendant having a son who will be a senior on the team and knowing that all sports count,  I have to think the  superintendant would certainly  have chosen the best fit he possibly could.  There is no way he would chose less than the best overall fit for his own son, a college prospect in football and a basball player. So let the work begin. With us loosing several football coaches, I hope we can keep a great football coach, I think 10 years a 4A DC and mabe the best baseball coach in the state, Craig Jones, on staff.

Would be nice to keep Jones and make him D.C. But I see him leaving for a head baseball job elsewhere 

18 hours ago, GATA! said:

Kville should roll Newton next season 

I know this is sarcasm but they better worry more about beating Buna, EC, Coldspring and some of the other district teams.  I see Kirbyville as a mediocre team at best who will struggle to make the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Turn back the clock said:

I know this is sarcasm but they better worry more about beating Buna, EC, Coldspring and some of the other district teams.  I see Kirbyville as a mediocre team at best who will struggle to make the playoffs.

EC not in the district 

31 minutes ago, tsmash85 said:

trinity won't be an easy win this year.. fully expect them to compete for a playoff spot this year.

I agree they were very scrappy last year

I hope we are in for a surprise with Todd Doughty. I'm gonna give him a chance and we all should (after all we don't have a choice). I'm hoping he gets something going this offseason and has our boys ready to play and compete for a district title by next season. With our talent there is no excuse why we shouldn't be. Best of luck to Coach Doughty! Go Wildcats!!!