2017 Houston Texans

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

Tought y'all would go for Romo.

He decided to retire, and I'm sure the incompetent Rick Smith has no plan B.  He should've been looking at Romo retiring a real possibility.  As fragile as Romo was, he had no business playing again anyhow.  He did the smartest thing he could do, quit while he could still walk.

4 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

He decided to retire, and I'm sure the incompetent Rick Smith has no plan B.  He should've been looking at Romo retiring a real possibility.  As fragile as Romo was, he had no business playing again anyhow.  He did the smartest thing he could do, quit while he could still walk.

I've seen players drawn out of retirement when offered to play on a contender or with the right amount of moolah. Marshawn Lynch comes to mind. Romo would be paid "X" number of dollars, but since he was let go, Dallas doesn't get compensation. I thought somebody would take a chance. It's always "Win Now". With your top ranked defense, Romo would fit nicely.

3 minutes ago, baddog said:

I've seen players drawn out of retirement when offered to play on a contender or with the right amount of moolah. Marshawn Lynch comes to mind. Romo would be paid "X" number of dollars, but since he was let go, Dallas doesn't get compensation. I thought somebody would take a chance. It's always "Win Now". With your top ranked defense, Romo would fit nicely.

I agree that Romo fits nicely.  But, I guess he decided to retire instead of play.  His decision, not the Texans.  As for Lynch, I don't think he has had as many major injuries as Romo has endured.  That makes his decision to  play again a little easier.  I'm sure the Texans offered Romo a substantial sum of money to play.

Defense will be be great. WE NEed to either grab trubisky or mahomes in the first or second (only pass if cam Robinson is available in first) or Watson/kizer second or third. We absolutely have to get one of those 4 at qb.

1. Qb

2. S

3. MLB 

4. OL

5.OL

6 (brock deal)

7. DB

6 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Defense will be be great. WE NEed to either grab trubisky or mahomes in the first or second (only pass if cam Robinson is available in first) or Watson/kizer second or third. We absolutely have to get one of those 4 at qb.

1. Qb

2. S

3. MLB 

4. OL

5.OL

6 (brock deal)

7. DB

Do you have a shot at DeShaun Watson? What an athletic QB with an ARM!

5 hours ago, Hook'em said:

Hope Rick Smith has a plan. Missing out on a Super Bowl with this much talent on the roster is getting old to the fanbase and i would hope players also. 

Really don't think Smith has a clue. He has to have something on McNair to have stuck around around this long.  The Osweiler fiasco should have been enough for McNair to can him.

20 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Really don't think Smith has a clue. He has to have something on McNair to have stuck around around this long.  The Osweiler fiasco should have been enough for McNair to can him.

I agree. I will admit he has hit on his 1st round picks and found a few UFA gems but to have hardly any success from rounds 2-5 which I consider money rounds in building a championship franchise, and striking out on a huge deal that made the organization look absolutely stupid is crazy to me. I have been hoping he would get fired for some time now but he keeps getting extensions. I think you hit the nail on the head with him having something on McNair lol

I'm a Cowboys fan and I know Texans fans are supposed to hate me, but I think the Texans are going to be scary good this year. You don't need a Romo or a Manning. You need a QB who can move the chains and not beat himself...A la Trent Filter, who I think is the worst QB to win a SB, but he won with a top ranked defense.

54 minutes ago, baddog said:

I'm a Cowboys fan and I know Texans fans are supposed to hate me, but I think the Texans are going to be scary good this year. You don't need a Romo or a Manning. You need a QB who can move the chains and not beat himself...A la Trent Filter, who I think is the worst QB to win a SB, but he won with a top ranked defense.

Lol they won't do crap with Savage.

I bet they draft Deshaun Watson first round

Thanks to good old draft experts like mcshay and co. Watson is now the 3rd ranked Qb. Behind Trubisky and Mahommes. Watson could be a realist grab. Sadly it will still mean savage will start this year. A rookie Qb from college spread offense. Will be far behind learning the playbook and getting adjusted to the NFL.(Are at least the BS we'll hear from Bill)

This team can win 11/12 

games with good Qb play but we'll likely have mediocre to bad Qb  play struggling to get 9 wins and help to get into playoffs.

• 3 months later...
Guest ECBucFan
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:52 AM, PAMFAM10 said:

Sadly it will still mean savage will start this year.

Tom Savage has been named the starter for preseason game one. The fan base, by all indications, have already deemed Savage a colossal failure, before even throwing a single pass and DeShaun Watson must start. Unless Savage somehow goes 25 for 25, with 500+ yards and 5 td's, he will get the hook.  .  

A few thoughts from the first preseason game. 
1) Watson is the guy. From pre-snap reads to audibles to how he carries himself, his "it" factor is off the charts IMO
2) Foreman may be the best rb on the roster. The dude is a workhorse. 
3) Davenport impressed me at tackle. I think if he continues to improve, he can be Derek Newton's or Duane Brown's replacement down the road. 
4) Defensively, blown tackles and not being in the right spot based on individual assignments stood out to me as well as needing to find depth in the secondary. 
5) Weak link on the entire team is offensive line IMO, but I think they will be better than last year up front mostly due to Nick Martin being healthy, he is a stud. 

Guest ECBucFan
19 hours ago, Hook'em said:

A few thoughts from the first preseason game. 
1) Watson is the guy. 

Fer sure.

Savage, meanwhile, was absolutely PATHETIC. Savage played a quarter. Went 9 of 11, for 82% completion ratio. (Watson was 15 for 25, for 60%).

Savage needs to be burned in effigy outside NRG Stadium, unless the fan base can abduct him and burn him to death in person. Time to rid ourselves once and for all of the pathetic no good bum Tom Savage.