West Orange-Stark 6 Silsbee 5/FINAL

WOSgrad

Tigers made several mistakes tonight misplayed ball in left field and then his backup just holding the ball while the runners advanced.  Missing first base on what would have been a double putting the tieing run at second.  But the biggest two were what cost us tonight a booted grounder to second that gave up the tieing run and a ground ball th short with plenty of time to get the force out at second or first but no one covered second leading to indecision and no out!  Then the timely hit to the wall by Miller for the game winning runs.

2 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Not the shortstop. Second should cover the bag for easy out and then KJ wouldn't have the opportunity to hit double.

I know excuses....

Yes second should have been covered for the easy out. I still thought hecould have gone to first, but it's hard to change that quickly. It  looked like he wanted to after he saw no one was at 2nd  but second guessed getting it there.  I thought he still had time but  no way to know now.  

( had to edit that one, was horrible to read, I was in too big of a hurry.)

I thought it was as good of a game as everyone thought it would be. Pitching, hitting, fielding and errors by both teams and that's all just part of the game. The boys respect each other and I love that part of the game. I saw Jack hugging it out with Partain and Sundgren after the game. 

On top of everything Coach Ronnie Anderson was there and that always makes for a good day at any baseball park. 

10 hours ago, ST413 said:

Definitely! No excuses it was just baseball unfortunately it was the Tigers who made the big mistakes and the Mustangs who capitalized. I liked the atmosphere and the way both teams played the game.

Amen. Let's just respect the way all of the boys played. This game could've gone either way and may go the other way next time. I for one will just appreciate a good baseball game played by competitive young men that respect each other. 

4 hours ago, BaseballLG18 said:

Still have to beat Huffman first.. they have a pitcher throwing mid 90s this year.. hits 95 a lot 

The harder they throw, the farther the ball flies off the bat. Silsbee, WOS, Bridge City, Orangefield, etc. can all hit the baseball. I would put anyone from our district against the best others have period. No disrespect to the other Reg 3 districts but none are loaded like ours. Maybe not in all of 4A period. Take a team like LCM...they are 1-3 in district so far (Or something like that) and I bet they would be undefeated in 90% of the other 4A districts. Don't let our district records fool people. We are just beating up on each other right now. WOS vs Silsbee the other night could have went either way...the game wasn't decided until the 6th inning. One or two things go the opposite way and the Tigers win that one.